'74 Dodge D100 Adventurer - Finn The Truck

-
It was as quiet as stock. So I spent $35 on a single in dual out thrush. Sounds MUCH better lol

I have a 74 club cab i keep threatening to turn into an old school primered half rat rod parts runner. Love these trucks

What have you done with yours
Nada, bout to haul its *** to the transmission shop 120 miles away this Friday FINALLY. :D Stage 2 shift kit, factory high stall, and installed for a grand. Not bad at all.

Then I'm gonna be driving it home like this :burnout:

Nada, bout to haul its *** to the transmission shop 120 miles away this Friday FINALLY. :D Stage 2 shift kit, factory high stall, and installed for a grand. Not bad at all.

Then I'm gonna be driving it home like this :burnout:

Lol about time! Can't wait to here how it shifts!

nfc4.jpg

I'll try and get some pics of this badass thing while Im there

Updates because I am a lazy ***! Been daily driving the truck for a month now after getting it back from the transmission shop. It guzzles gas (bout 12 mpg) and its loud and its fun. I can honest to god say this truck is my favorite thing I have owned and one of the funnest cars I have ever driven. Here's the scoop on what's up:

Things that have been done since last update:
Bouchillon throttle bracket and kickdown linkage installed
New distributor installed (somehow I was running a big block dizzy!)
Temp gauge installed
Headlights replaced
Power steering belt replaced
Alternator belt replaced (for the 7th time)
Oil changed from break-in
Rebuilt 727 from C&R Transmissions in Milledgeville, GA with high stall and stage 2 shift kit (shifts like a badass now!)

Things left to be done:
Chase down taillight gremlin
Change sending unit
Front end rebuild kit from PST
Cat whiskers for windows
Install a stereo and some speakers

Here's a pic of my engine bay to hold you guys over til I get some video tomorrow or when it decides to not rain me out
orRr0gN.jpg

Alright. I've done some stuff since I last updated this thread.

• added aftermarket oil pressure gauge
  • replaced ECU
  • replaced VR
  • added grounds from block to frame, block to firewall, and block to body
  • replaced negative battery cable
  • fixed belt squeal cause by alternator bracket bolt rubbing belt
  • grounded VR to body with a ground from the alternator case tagging along
  • replaced balljoints
  • replaced shocks
  • replaced spark plugs
  • replaced plug wires and cap
  • loomed plug wires
  • diagnosed cause of no heat/no air control
  • rebuilt wiper linkage
  • replaced master cylinder
  • replaced brake hose
  • replaced alternator
  • replaced blower motor speed controller
  • switched oils to Brad Penn Grade One 20W50
  • replaced radiator overflow hose
  • replaced vacuum source hose for climate control unit

Things on the to do list:

• make new climate control vacuum harness
  • install new headers
  • install new grill
  • core support black out
  • get set of fenders out of the junkyard
  • get a rear chrome bumper
  • install cigarette lighter
  • fabricate and install new gauge cluster mount
  • wire in new cluster and get new speedo cable made
  • fix taillight (STILL)
  • get front and rear swaybars
  • get Cragar 16x8 V-5 wheels with beauty rings
  • get a Thermoquad and retune engine.

Just noticed you were in Gainesville Georgia. I spent some time out that way when they just built the super Walmart center (2005-6?). I remember going to the sonic with the huge tall curbs haha. Ahhhhh memories haha

Anyways, trucks looking good :)

I have been parting out a 77 with most of the parts you need (rear chrome nonstep(?) bumper, thermoquad, tail lights etc)

I'm in California though. It'd be an arm an a leg to ship that bumper.

As for my red truck, it's gotten the 11x3 rear brakes, LRE seat frames with lowback buckets, plus some stock additions: spare tire carrier, sun visors, new non step rear bumper, rebuilt my tailgate so now it doesn't rattle. But my truck is just a frame for now while I strip and paint the frame, floor pan swap, sandblast and paint the cab inside/outside. Lots of work, but hopefully worth it :)

Just noticed you were in Gainesville Georgia. I spent some time out that way when they just built the super Walmart center (2005-6?). I remember going to the sonic with the huge tall curbs haha. Ahhhhh memories haha

Anyways, trucks looking good :)

I have been parting out a 77 with most of the parts you need (rear chrome nonstep(?) bumper, thermoquad, tail lights etc)

I'm in California though. It'd be an arm an a leg to ship that bumper.

As for my red truck, it's gotten the 11x3 rear brakes, LRE seat frames with lowback buckets, plus some stock additions: spare tire carrier, sun visors, new non step rear bumper, rebuilt my tailgate so now it doesn't rattle. But my truck is just a frame for now while I strip and paint the frame, floor pan swap, sandblast and paint the cab inside/outside. Lots of work, but hopefully worth it :)

That Sonic got closed recently unfortunately, I loved going there. There's another with tall curbs in Oakwood though that there's local car meets at all the time.

RustyRatRod is building me a thermoquad so I'm pretty set on that and stoked as well :glasses7:

the parts I could really use would be the entire vacuum control harness for the climate control system.

my taillight issue was actually an electrical gremlin I have been chasing down but finally solved, but thank you.:cheers:

and that chrome bumper, hmmm, maybe if shipping wouldn't be insane

I installed my grill last night but here is a picture I took this morning. I need to find a way to polish it up, it looks kinda like it has mineral deposits on it
OpYFZfS.jpg

Makes the other grills of the era look like **** IMO. Always liked those grills.

I installed my grill last night but here is a picture I took this morning. I need to find a way to polish it up, it looks kinda like it has mineral deposits on it
OpYFZfS.jpg
[/QU
Those grilles are sweet. Getting harder to find,a clean undamaged one.

-
Back