'74 Dodge D100 Adventurer - Finn The Truck

-
I didn't have enough money for a new one

Im getting an aluminum one from StrokerScamp at a steal luckily. Mine has a manhole sized leak in it that i fixed with QwikSteel. I may give it to someone when I replace it. Its a 3 pass with a transmission cooler

Im getting an aluminum one from StrokerScamp at a steal luckily. Mine has a manhole sized leak in it that i fixed with QwikSteel. I may give it to someone when I replace it. Its a 3 pass with a transmission cooler

Awesome! The guy did a great job fixing mine though! The rivets that attach the mounting brackets to the tank separated.

*pinhole. Not a man hole lol. It just needs the QwikSteel removed and a small crack under it fluxed. I figure someone will have a use for it

Finally, she is all back together and almost roadworthy. I HAD to drop her off at my friends shop so he could fix my Holley leaking fuel. My intake was warped and was leaking coolant but i fixed that but I suck with carbs and don't wanna burn all my hard work down. I feel like even though she looks the same minus the tach on the cowl and my vintage '74 plate I feel like Im not looking at the same truck.
CZkyQv0.jpeg

She is all done an broken in guys!!! Now to just get an exhaust on it and my kickdown hooked up and adjusted

Awesome stuff. Always liked them 'ol D-series trucks. :thumbup:

A couple shots of mine. My '77 D-100 Custom, taken several years ago. Now has a serious oil-control problem (smokes more than an oil derrick fire) from the $25 junkyard 360 I installed in 1995 to replace the thrown-rod 318 it originally had -

AbductorVan066.jpg

AbductorVan065.jpg

And my nasty old '72 D-300 ramp truck. Junkyard built (not by me), loud, ugly, 413/SM465 powered monster. Shown here with my '77 D-200 van (A.K.A. "The Abductor") in the background -

DerPig012.jpg

Keep up the good work on your truck. It motivates me to get the 440 into my D-100! \\:D/

I love your trucks Brewtus!

Mine is going to the muffler shop for installation of these goodies!

I'm not a fan of glass packs. There's just something about the sound of a welded chamber style muffler that has me spoiled

It still needs plenty of love so this thread will always be getting updated. I need to fix the exhaust leak from the headers when I can.

Yeah. I really shoulda known better than to count on it as a daily. My transmission in on its last leg as well. Kinda stressing about that because i need it ti make it another couple of weeks of hauling my idiot *** around.

Yeah. I really shoulda known better than to count on it as a daily. My transmission in on its last leg as well. Kinda stressing about that because i need it ti make it another couple of weeks of hauling my idiot *** around.

Eh. Shat happens sometimes. This 90 is the newest dd I've had in years

Ha, ha, ha! Would you believe I've been using my '78 D300 dually with a 400 as my daily driver for the past year? Let me tell you, I've had to do some fixing during that time, but not too bad. Mostly I try to avoid driving it (because it gets poor mileage) by riding my bicycle instead. I had to make the dually my d/d because I couldn't afford to keep so many cars on the road, and I absolutely need the truck for collecting firewood!

Ha, ha, ha! Would you believe I've been using my '78 D300 dually with a 400 as my daily driver for the past year? Let me tell you, I've had to do some fixing during that time, but not too bad. Mostly I try to avoid driving it (because it gets poor mileage) by riding my bicycle instead. I had to make the dually my d/d because I couldn't afford to keep so many cars on the road, and I absolutely need the truck for collecting firewood!

Eww. I'm only getting about 8mpg in town....
If gas prices get much higher, I'm Gonna have to start driving my wife's tahoe

my dad had a 73 short box with a slant six and 4 speed. it was green and he
lined the door panels with bazooka joe comics and he put a visor on it was a
really cool old truck.

my dad had a 73 short box with a slant six and 4 speed. it was green and he
lined the door panels with bazooka joe comics and he put a visor on it was a
really cool old truck.

Any pics?

looking great make a vid when you get them on so we can hear it!
It sounds just like I wanted it to. I really like it alot. I need to just dig thru my **** and find my camcorder and take a decent video or something.

Miss my 73 4x short box rust bucket.Had to sell it,to build my Cuda.

Miss my 73 4x short box rust bucket.Had to sell it,to build my Cuda.

That's the breaks somtimes. Come to Georgia. You can get a nice D100 for a grand with minor rust.

Some pics of my exhaust setup. Im gonna try and get some video later when i find that blasted camcorder
iQYvM27.jpeg

msvSCmU.jpeg

I paid 285$ to get this done. Not bad at all 8)

-
Back