A53 car a Barrett-Jackson tomorrow

-
$20,000.
Looks like a well done daily driver to me.
I've seen alot better on this site with the documentation
to prove everything thats been done.
Shiney don't mean **** to a real car guy.

Sold for $50k. Plus the 10% buyers premium = $55,000 price to buyer. Market may not be that soft after all.

Looks like Davecuda is the winner? When did it sell? Late last night? I'm tuning in as soon as the news is done. lol tmm

BJ is not the real world prices. That's why i went high to start with. Look around nothing selling that high.

Congrats Dave, pm me with your contact info and I'll send out your Bit driver set. tmm

As a note, I regularly attend BJ and Mecum auctions. I'm not a dealer, just a regular guy that loves muscle cars, Mopars in particular. Very often see the same cars go through one and then through the other a few months later. Believe it or not there is usually not that much difference in prices between BJ or Mecum. I've seen it time and time again. There are more dealers then anything at the auctions and it seems that they buy and then run em through again trying to make a few bucks.

Wow!!!!! Thats crazy. Need to do this guessing game more. Going to have about close to 25 to 30k in mine by the time I am finished! It only has a standard interior but all the other options and figured I was going off the deep end. I know this is crazy money "55K for a 383s auto but it makes me feel better about the cash I am spending just to enjoy my car for years to come.

Since it's 383... I say $38,300. Prices on Tuesday and Wednesday are already are at $30k plus. But I am saving my $$$ for the Batmobile.

So...based on what the Formula- S 383/727 went for at Barrett-Jackson, what do you think a '69 383/4-speed (1 of 333) is worth?
Several of us from Inland Mopars just got through detailing one of our fellow member's car to show in our club display at the upcoming Grand National Roadster Show at the Fairplex in Pomona Jan. 25-27. All stock, including the hubcaps, except for a dual-quad setup and a bright red re-paint. He has the stock 4-bbl carb and intake.
Reason I'm asking is it may be for sale in a year or two as he can no longer drive because of the early stages of Altzheimer's. We made sure to get his pretty Formula-S in the GNRS show while he can still enjoy it.
I'll post pics after the show if anybody may be interested.

i just sold a 383-S 4 speed Barracuda needing work to a member on here. after seeing this one sell for 50k plus fees has to pump him up.

So...based on what the Formula- S 383/727 went for at Barrett-Jackson, what do you think a '69 383/4-speed (1 of 333) is worth?
Several of us from Inland Mopars just got through detailing one of our fellow member's car to show in our club display at the upcoming Grand National Roadster Show at the Fairplex in Pomona Jan. 25-27. All stock, including the hubcaps, except for a dual-quad setup and a bright red re-paint. He has the stock 4-bbl carb and intake.
Reason I'm asking is it may be for sale in a year or two as he can no longer drive because of the early stages of Altzheimer's. We made sure to get his pretty Formula-S in the GNRS show while he can still enjoy it.
I'll post pics after the show if anybody may be interested.

Hard to say what it would go for Ken, no offense but if listed here it would go to a great member but it wont go for full value... I think anyway...at Barrett Jackson I think the testosterone takes over and prices go up. Without an "auction" there isnt as much emotion...good or bad....

For sale or not post up pics!

There was an awesome M code for sale on here for 35k not long ago much cooler than that black 383 car. That free all you can drink alcohol to bidder policy is definitely working...

Rhinodart knows A-bodies and particularly 383 A-bodies very well. He is at Barrett Jackson and looked at this TX9 383-S in person.

So this is what he has to say about the car:

...There is a 69 Dart GTS 340 convertible and a 69 383 Barracuda there "restored" by the same guy out of the northwest, all I can say is WOW! He really knows nothing about these cars. He even had a 67 383 A-Body radiator in the 340 vert and engines the wrong color, many other things just backasswards. I am sure they will sell for good money to idiots who have no idea.

Soooo....

The car is even worse in person. Just because some idiot possibly* bought this piece of junk for $55K, it does not mean you could sell a much nicer 69 383-S for that money.

*possibly: Because the owner could have bought this car back. So then he could advertise it as "selling" for $55K and taking a discount at $45K for a car really only worth $25K. That would net a $10K extra mony over market price including the $10K buyers and sellers fees.

Hard to say what it would go for Ken, no offense but if listed here it would go to a great member but it wont go for full value... I think anyway...at Barrett Jackson I think the testosterone takes over and prices go up. Without an "auction" there isnt as much emotion...good or bad....

For sale or not post up pics!

Absolutely no offense taken...we all know that BJ gets crazy money for cars. I'll include pics of his Barracuda when I post pics from GNRS in a couple of weeks.

Wow, I would sell my 69 383-S for 55K in a heartbeat if someone offered me it!

Rhinodart knows A-bodies and particularly 383 A-bodies very well. He is at Barrett Jackson and looked at this TX9 383-S in person.

So this is what he has to say about the car:

Soooo....

The car is even worse in person. Just because some idiot possibly* bought this piece of junk for $55K, it does not mean you could sell a much nicer 69 383-S for that money.

*possibly: Because the owner could have bought this car back. So then he could advertise it as "selling" for $55K and taking a discount at $45K for a car really only worth $25K. That would net a $10K extra mony over market price including the $10K buyers and sellers fees.

Glad you posted this! Not into bad mouthing someones hard work but the issues were quite obvious! Hence my low bid.... Does BJ have to list the consigner and buyer for public knowledge to prevent this sort of thing from possibly happening??

-
Back