AFX Build PICS By Request!

-
Hello 71dustar
Guess who he is working with.................Greg Fernald at SSandAFX. No lie

hey chris! you dad really helped alot with these front fenders... im doing the hard/cheaper way of modifying the steel vs. the easy/expensive way of just getting glass fenders...

the passenger side is ready for leading and the drivers side needs some more hammer dolly work then the rest of the tacks...

Attachments

• DSCN1407.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 595
  • DSCN1408.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 566
  • DSCN1409.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 582
  • DSCN1431.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 609
Also picked my final colors... i know its early but here is what i want...

the Lee Smith AWB car with some color changes...

Toyota Electric Blue (top minus the roof)
Chrysler Stone White (bottom half and roof)
Viper Metallic silver (the pin strip around the blue and probably the A/FX on the C pillar)

Attachments

• Lee Smith AFX.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 530
  • toyota blue.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 563
  • chrysler 300 stone white.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 588
  • viper silver.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 543
Gonna look nice when done, good color choices!

thanks! i was really inspired by the Lee Smith car when i was 13... its the reason i even bought the car... when i first saw it i had never seen a pre 67 mopar lol... i was into the 67-9 dart and 70's demons... my dad found it on a back alley and after a month of me haggling with the guy i got him to 3500 vs the 5K he wanted...

All I can say is WOW !!! Impressive work you do there !!!

thank you!

kinda a bummer but its back in the garage... the shop filled up and needed space so untill we get room its home for awhile... not to bad as i live 7 miles from work LOL...

gives me a chance to build my intake and finish my batch of upgrades on the dart... slicks, fuel system

Now this is a nice build, i always like the AF/X cars and IMO they are the best looking factory race car ever produced, i wish i can have this one, or find a good candidate to build my own.

By the way awesome story you r living buddy, keep the good hard work you really are an inspiration and a motivation, God bless u kid.

Now this is a nice build, i always like the AF/X cars and IMO they are the best looking factory race car ever produced, i wish i can have this one, or find a good candidate to build my own.

By the way awesome story you r living buddy, keep the good hard work you really are an inspiration and a motivation, God bless u kid.

thx demon!

Your user name might be "...kid" but you got some serious chops, little brother. You are doing some incredible work, and with your obvious mindset you'll only get better as you gain experience and confidence. I'd offer to help, but I think I'd almost learn more from you.

Your user name might be "...kid" but you got some serious chops, little brother. You are doing some incredible work, and with your obvious mindset you'll only get better as you gain experience and confidence. I'd offer to help, but I think I'd almost learn more from you.

thank you! i definatly bit off alot more than i though (lol) but its a great learning curve for me...

I really...really ...really like your build.....

wish I had your metal fab skills...and thanks for sharing you insight and knowledge with us

I really...really ...really like your build.....

wish I had your metal fab skills...and thanks for sharing you insight and knowledge with us

I really...really ...really like my build to! it was just a pipe dream to own a real AFX car but wyotech got the process started... (allowing me to get all the chassis work done)

as for my skills there are people much better in the field than I... i still need help from my awesome boss but i know it just comes with learning...

One day i will have my turn to do one myself, i will go for the street driver also, but i like it to be a low stance car, they look much better that way IMO, as you see i like to do my own twist on my builds.

This is how i like to have mine.
AWB.jpg

One day i will have my turn to do one myself, i will go for the street driver also, but i like it to be a low stance car, they look much better that way IMO, as you see i like to do my own twist on my builds.

This is how i like to have mine.
AWB.jpg

yea thats bad!

Never saw this thread until i needed pics for the website. SWEET build.

Just read threw your thread. Don't let the beast lie. Your workmanship is awesome.

-
Back