Another small block project starts tomorrow

-
The last 2 I have done, I had the lifter bores bushed. I tubed a couple of blocks before, because my former machine shop would not do it. My buddy had a Crane Roller lifter tie bar break, but that was a W-7 with offset lifters. He only had a couple runs on the engine when it broke. It broke right at the bend in the tie bar.

The last 2 I have done, I had the lifter bores bushed. I tubed a couple of blocks before, because my former machine shop would not do it. My buddy had a Crane Roller lifter tie bar break, but that was a W-7 with offset lifters. He only had a couple runs on the engine when it broke. It broke right at the bend in the tie bar.

Back (ABOUT 9ISH YRS.AGO) , when I had the best machine shop in this area do my block, they told me they couldn`t do that or measure bore wall thickness. !!
These people are heavy into the street outlaws thing too , unbelievable !

I have all my blocks sonic checked.
It’s there interview for the job.

05B5A823-3FFB-425D-944F-EFAE9FC2F4DF.jpeg
EB8E068F-475D-4191-B7BE-08709C8E1591.jpeg
Well this will probably be my last update on this one. I went ahead and ordered a 10 foot piece of 1/2 house type copper (soft) pipe from Amazon for around 13.00 delivered and it came today. Matt and I had a sit down last night and I knew financially he was up against it but I figured by moving Home he could catch up fast. Well he’s saying now he may have to sit the year out so now at least I know. I went ahead and cut it into 6 ten inch pieces so it doesn’t get damaged. That’s enough for 3 engines. Sorry guys.

-
Back