any mopar stories ?

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
ok well i dont know if im the only one here thats had this happen . the darts u see on my site is about 1/2 of what i have but the rest are parts cars heres the story i was geting heating stuff out from under the dash from a 64 dart 4 door we just got when i got it out on top of it was a little box i opened it and there was old a$$ weed in it i sould have seen that comeing becase the guy had graetfle dead and peace signs on all over it . i did not get to finsh parting it out yet becase of the criters in it .i pulled the air clener off and a snake was in it no i didnt see what kind it was i was gone at that point u clould not stop me!!!!

You find all kinda stuff stripping a car or when you work in a scrap yard.. I worked in a scrap yard for about 3 years, every car that came in we would yank out the rear seat and raid the trunk, one guy found $500.00 under the back seat of volvo that a doctor had sold us to crush.. All kinda cool stuff, tools, knifes, money, jewerly, you name it...

my last parts car was full of 80's ****. to the point i would let my 5 year old son in the garage until i cleaned it out

Most importantly;WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WEED????:snakeman::thumbup:

The only thing that I didn't like about working in a scrap yard was we got the death wrecks and had to get them ready for the crusher.. It messes with your head seeing acouple of inches of blood in a floorboard and blood and flesh all over the interior... One local 17 year old girl lost control of her neon in a rain storm and hit a truck head on, it killed everyone in her car, she wrecked on a saturday night and we got the car monday morning with "crush this car ASAP instructions", every tire on that car was slick, the lugs were so tight I had to cut all the lugs off with a torch... It's pretty obvious why that girl and the others lost their lifes that night...

Most importantly;WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WEED????:snakeman::thumbup:

It must have been some pretty good weed if the hippy got so fried he forgot where he stached it... Personally, I've never touched the stuff!!! What was I talking about???? Oh, weed.... yeah, it's bad for ya...

When I got my 74 duster a few years ago there was a parking permit and a couple other tickets for Disney dated 1974.

Disney1.jpg

disney2.jpg

The only thing that I didn't like about working in a scrap yard was we got the death wrecks and had to get them ready for the crusher.. It messes with your head seeing acouple of inches of blood in a floorboard and blood and flesh all over the interior... One local 17 year old girl lost control of her neon in a rain storm and hit a truck head on, it killed everyone in her car, she wrecked on a saturday night and we got the car monday morning with "crush this car ASAP instructions", every tire on that car was slick, the lugs were so tight I had to cut all the lugs off with a torch... It's pretty obvious why that girl and the others lost their lifes that night...
wow thats rough, i was gunna get a job at a scrap yard.. i dunno now

It must have been some pretty good weed if the hippy got so fried he forgot where he stached it... Personally, I've never touched the stuff!!! What was I talking about???? Oh, weed.... yeah, it's bad for ya...

It's a joke here.
There are over 3000 "green cross" clinics in the city of Denver now, since they pass a medical marajana law. Back pains to achilles tendon, you just show up, see the doctor, pay $100.00, and get a license. Then you go to the front of the store and make your selection. 50 to chose from, including hash, but they limit the amount you can buy per day to.........................................................are you ready for this??????.........................................................................................................................................2 oz.

I went to go look at a 70 Charger one time and man was it in very terrible shape.Rusted out floors,quarters had more rust than the Titanic,interior was torn to crap and smelled musty.I was only 17 so I knew I couldnt afford to fix it up(plus he was asking a pretty penny for it)It had Cragars,and looked very mean.Opened the hood and guess what I found inside?A Slant Six,lol.
I was expecting a big block,or atleast a 318 =\
And hers another one.My brother got pinned...between 2 Dusters.
Heres what happened.My parents had 2 71 Dusters with slant sixes.One green ,one blue.My brother inherited the blue one when he got married at a 16.The green Duster was my moms,which I inherited later.Anyway,she was at my brothers house and my moms Duster was parked behind my brothers blue one.My little sister,who was only 4 was still in the car.I know my mom accidently left the green Duster running as she got out of the car to talk with my brother.Im not sure how it happened because I wasnt there,but somehow my sister put my moms Duster in drive and my brother somehow got pinned between the 2 Dusters.He was ok,but his knees got sprained.

omg i started somthing lol of corce i trowed it away my dad got a 64 parts car when i was bout 13 and he said say out for that car tell i clean it out a year later he never even looked at the car i was wonderin why i cant i get in that car i look in the window nothing ha ha it was a joke nop next i looked in the trunk and found **** from like 88 to idk i lerned the birds and the bees from the trunk of a 64 dart gt and he came home and seen SO I GOT THE TALK

wow thats rough, i was gunna get a job at a scrap yard.. i dunno now

You would love working in a scrap yard for the most part.. Parts wise, It's a gold mine brother, If you have a good boss.. My boss didn't pay much , but he gave us first pickings of the parts for free or at cost.. One old guy brung a set of "edelbrock aluminum flathead cylinder heads" in one day and sold them for scrap aluminum, he got $8.00 scrap price!!! I sold them on ebay for $365.00 on a buy it now in less then 4 hours.... What bothered me most about the wreck I mentioned was her insurance company obviously looked at her car on sunday, saw the 4-balt tires, and sent it to us to destroy it before the other people who got killed familys saw the car and sued the crap out of her insurance company..

I went to go look at a 70 Charger one time and man was it in very terrible shape.Rusted out floors,quarters had more rust than the Titanic,interior was torn to crap and smelled musty.I was only 17 so I knew I couldnt afford to fix it up(plus he was asking a pretty penny for it)It had Cragars,and looked very mean.Opened the hood and guess what I found inside?A Slant Six,lol.
Heres what happened.My parents had 2 71 Dusters with slant sixes.One green ,one blue.My brother inherited the blue one when he got married at a 16.The green Duster was my moms,which I inherited later.Anyway,she was at my brothers house and my moms Duster was parked behind my brothers blue one.My little sister,who was only 4 was still in the car.I know my mom accidently left the green Duster running as she got out of the car to talk with my brother.Im not sure how it happened because I wasnt there,but somehow my sister put my moms Duster in drive and my brother somehow got pinned between the 2 Dusters.He was ok,but his knees got sprained.
a chager with a slant 6 i want one there hard to come by i had some one tell me thay made less of them than hemis that sucks bout ur bother

You would love working in a scrap yard for the most part.. Parts wise, It's a gold mine brother, If you have a good boss.. My boss didn't pay much , but he gave us first pickings of the parts for free or at cost.. One old guy brung a set of "edelbrock aluminum flathead cylinder heads" in one day and sold them for scrap aluminum, he got $8.00 scrap price!!! I sold them on ebay for $365.00 on a buy it now in less then 4 hours.... What bothered me most about the wreck I mentioned was her insurance company obviously looked at her car on sunday, saw the 4-balt tires, and sent it to us to destroy it before the other people who got killed familys saw the car and sued the crap out of her insurance company..
man i know its part of life but i dont like to here that kind of stuff im not ofinded or nothing its just sad

wow! he didnt know what he had. that is a cool boss, the guy i talked to told me if i plan on ever missing a day of work, dont bother working here. thats what killed it for me, i dont need that crap. but yea wow thats a sad story there, why the parents would ever let her drive aound in a car like that is beyond me, but that would make sense the insurance company wanted that car GONE!

alright heres my story. one late night i was cruisin late at night, and it started pouring! my winshield wipers were bad and i was blind driving. so i swung into an advanced auto and immediately demanded wipers, ugly black wipers, but i took them. i went out soaked and forced that little pin out blind cursing and lost a pin, found it. totally soaked and pissed and i made the mistake pulling out of taking it out on my old car cursing at her and just as i stopped yelling the headlights cut out.. pulled the switch in, pulled it out, stopped again and got out under the hood started really getting mad. got back in, said f it im driving home, started talking to the car like i was in a fight with it, came up to a spot thats notorious for police hanging out and just as i came up the road with no headlights, i see the rear half of the cop car and blink. the headlights came right back on... bad girl messing with me like that.

wow! he didnt know what he had. that is a cool boss, the guy i talked to told me if i plan on ever missing a day of work, dont bother working here. thats what killed it for me, i dont need that crap. but yea wow thats a sad story there, why the parents would ever let her drive aound in a car like that is beyond me, but that would make sense the insurance company wanted that car GONE!

One of the saddest parts was the girl had went to a local store to pick up some drinks for her dads birthday party, the drinks were laying in the back floorboard in a pool of her blood... I took pics of the tires on that car before I torched them off, the phone I had the pics on later went out on me and I lost the pics.. The lugs were so tight I guess that's why thay never put on better tire...

Ok I seen this at the bottom of some ones thread I thought I would bring it back up ? Any one know what happened to greenhornet ? He was one of the 1st of You guys to really talk to me lol ... Hope hes ok . But wow this was one of my 1st threads lol

Well, the coolest story I have is when my dad bought a perfectly good 340 T/A block for 50$.The guy didn't care or didn't know what it was.Was a steal.Funded a whole summer of racing LOL...

My buddy was going to scrap a dodge dart with a slant six that had rotted out torsion bar mounts so he decided to blow up the motor by putting a brick on the gas pedal wide open throttle while running in a field.
He came back an hour later only to hear the engine screaming just as he left it.

He did not have the heart to scrap it and decided to make a circle track car out of it after fixing the torsion bar mounts.

My First Car I Bought When I Was Sixteen (1982) Was A '72 Charger R/T 340 (340 Long Gone, 318 Now). After Going Though A Couple Of 318's, I Decide To Get A Bigger Engine. I Bought A 426 Hemi From A Yard In Okeechobie Florida That Came Out Of A Military Boat.When I Got It Home & Drained The Oil, About 1 1/2 Quarts Of Water Came Out Of Drainhole First. I Deemed It Unfit & Returned The Engine To The Yard & Got My $250.00 Back.Bought A 400 Instead.

I don't know how many were made of the base model /6 Charger but I know that they made only 2 of the /6 powered 500 SE's!! A /6 Charger is rare regardless. I'd leave a /6 in one if I had it for weird factor!

My first Mopar was a '48 Plymouth for $60. Never owned a car before or since with a bigger back seat; just walk in and sit down - or whatever...

Next one was a $75 64 Dart GT that needed a motor; after I got that Slant rebuilt, she was one sweet ride for a long time - only traded 'cause a buddy was selling a '68 Dart Gt Convertible - another slant - a real runner, but could have used more beans - that convertible was kind of heavy. I'm now looking at a replacement for the '64. Just love the looks and feel of that car - the '68 was never quite the same - seemed way too big.

I've found a '64 GT with a 273 for $2000 - going to go look at it tomorrow - wish me luck!

1977 i went to look at a 1970 Charger R/T. Owner was a woman. Garaged kept and almost spotless. 440-4, auto, air, disk's, mag 500's, and 44,*** miles. Only thing visable was a little rust near the radiator neck, normal, probably just need a flush. Test drive went well. The car was triple green, paint was F4. Now keep in mind green is my favorite color, but i decided against the purchase because i wasn't thrilled with the green int.....

Price.........$600.00 yes you read that correct...:violent1:

-
Back