Atlas 4 Post Lift.....life is good.

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Got that thing off the trailer...man...that one runway was heavy. We had to use engine hoist to get it off the trailer on to dollies, the drag the runway into the garage...and had to use the engine hoist to get that thing on the cross member.....my two helper are pictured also...LOL

Got a two post to put up next week.

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 991
  • IMG_1156.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 952
  • IMG_1159.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 904
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_1168.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 941
'S why I have this little girl, LOL

Best money I ever spent was my 2 post and this little Farmall

24xm4k7.jpg

attachment.php

Took about a day...the instructions says 2 guys 4 hours...LOL....Actually found a video on Youtube of a guy putting together the same lift...that really helped us out and the instructions might have well been written in Chinese.

Got it from Greg Smith Equipment...2145.00...I picked it up at warehouse in Phoenix.

The directions were a joke. I got the same one. With 4 guys it took about 8-10 hours with a couple of beer breaks!

That's the same one I have, they are great to have. When I bought it, they threw in to bridge jacks as well. Wish it had aluminum ramps though!

Bought a Direct-lift 11 years ago. Best tool I have ever purchased.

Turned my 2 car garage into a 3 car garage with some mods to the garage door and opener.

Saved me a ton in storage and repair costs that I wouldn't be able to do with the car on jacks.

You'll find the one accessory that is worth its weight in gold is a mirror on the wall in front of it.

That is the next style lift I'm going to get for the other shop bay. I have a bendpak 9000lb two post I use everyday. I want a 4 post to be able to do oil changes and etc with out having to set to the lift arms everytime.

That is a good price as well. Did you have to drill anchors in the concrete and bolt posts or does it just sit on the concrete?

I have 4 of those Atlas 4 post lifts.....Garage Pro 8000 model. First one took me best part of 2 days to assemble alone.....partially due to no helper but mostly due to the terrible instructions. I learned though and the last 3 averaged about 6 hours each working alone. They are great....allowed me to stuff 15 vehicles, a horse trailer, motorcycle trailer, 2 motorcycles and a tractor into a 32 x 80 shop

You can anchor it down but they give you wheel attachments to move the thing around. Two guys moved it fairly easy.

I also have a 2 post lift....in the 1st picture you can see it still on the trailer..

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-9OHSC-SS-Overhead-Two-Post-Car-Lift

here is my post about going after the lifts....posted a couple weeks ago..

Loved more after getting home with both of them....600 miles..burned about 120 bucks worth gas...

I got to the store..and I had call on Tuesday to check stock...the guys say no problem ..got plenty of both...get there today...and they sold all the 2 post that I had wanted that morning....

The guy says he can upgrade me to the next bigger better 2 post for 100 bucks more...he dropped the price a 100 bucks also...and then they drop the price on the 4 post 50 bucks...

then the best...Arizona...does not charge sales taxes if you are out of state and taking the product back out of state...fill out a form and sign on dotted line...bingo...saves 360.00 bucks....

Moved the 71 Duster to the next bay under the 71 Demon....love this... dam..need to wash that car too...

and we unloaded the 2 post lift and got the two pillars upright....heavy suckers...used the engine hoist and muscle to get them up...

ceiling is 12 ft....pillars are 11 ft 10 inches.....

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_1176.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 685
You guys are lucky you have enough height............I have an 8 foot ceiling so had very few options..........

Attachments

• duster - lift 001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 620
Nice going ,Tony. Smart move. Can't go wrong. Chassis work & quality,just got better to boot.

Got the cross brace at the top installed, got the hydraulic line run..got the cable pulled to the cylinders...got the upper limit bar installed.

need to drill 12 holes in the concrete in the morning....should have it up and running tomorrow afternoon...

-
Back