Bad news for jpar

-
Be sure to check ALL alignment on that thing. Years ago, some friends bought 3 Lakewoods for jeep swaps. They were supposed to be setup for Chev block/ Ford toploader swap. On one the transfer case "hung down" as the bolt pattern was rotated on the bell. On another the alignment was so bad the owner finally drove in a flush pin in the block, welded up the bell holes, and then after aligning it, redrilled it for smaller locaating pins

What was the total cost to do yours? I hope they don't paint my can black. Or brown or whatever color they use. I want mine red.
$330 total including return shipping. But it cost me $70 damn dollars to ship it via UPS, I'm all the way in Ca though. Mine was already black because it's a QuickTime, so he mentioned it being blasted and repainted black. If yours is a Lakewood, it'd only make sense to paint it red.

$330 total including return shipping. But it cost me $70 damn dollars to ship it via UPS, I'm all the way in Ca though. Mine was already black because it's a QuickTime, so he mentioned it being blasted and repainted black. If yours is a Lakewood, it'd only make sense to paint it red.

You what's crazy????? I took my can to UPS without a box and just a label on it (I mean...how are you going to hurt that big turd) and it weighed on their scale 60 pounds. I looked at my tracking info and the third party showed a shipping weight of only 40 pounds.

When my junk gets here we are making a trip right back to the UPS office and I'm going to make them weight it. If it is only 40 pounds they are going to owe me some rubles.

You may want to look and see what your shipping weight was and if yours weighed less on the return trip.

Who knows...maybe the ship enough UPS gives them a rate break and just uses a reduction of weight to compensate for it.

that was the cheapest I could find. USPS, fedEx, DHL were all more! My shipping weight was around 40 pounds with a box and packing. I didn't think to ship it bare. How can yours weigh 60 pounds??

that was the cheapest I could find. USPS, fedEx, DHL were all more! My shipping weight was around 40 pounds with a box and packing. I didn't think to ship it bare. How can yours weigh 60 pounds??

IDK but I'm going back down there to weigh it. If it was 2 pounds I'd blow it off but 20 is a bunch.

My can has arrived at and now left Eagan Minnesota and is making its way west again. Evidently, it is taking the same drawn out route back that it took to get there. It made about 9 stops to get there and it may be 9 stops to get back.

I sent something Fedex from So. Cal to AZ and it got there via Nashville by way of Atlanta! (FedEx hub is in Atlanta IIRC) I flew to Hong Kong from Orange County, CA to Phoenix, then Seoul, then HK. It was $180 cheaper than flying nonstop out of LAX to HK and only 3 hours longer? still cant figure that one out.

I sent something Fedex from So. Cal to AZ and it got there via Nashville by way of Atlanta! (FedEx hub is in Atlanta IIRC) I flew to Hong Kong from Orange County, CA to Phoenix, then Seoul, then HK. It was $180 cheaper than flying nonstop out of LAX to HK and only 3 hours longer? still cant figure that one out.

i can top that
i flew from detroit to brussles to amsterdam one day, which was several hundred dollars cheaper (per person, and there were 4 of us at the time) then flying from detroit to brussels

My shield is black. From Lakewood. If a block has been aligned bored best check the alignment with scattershields and automatics cause that crank has been moved up in that block

And now they're talking about alignment problems and all this mess! LOL oh boy! I'm shaking in my boots!!
Oh yeah and that falsely accused innuendo about bong hits towards me? You should definitely be checking the three fingers pointing back at yourself cuz those are more accurate! The nerve! I mean this is basically the only thing you've done to your car all year and it's half done all screwed up and not even paid for yet! You got to be joking me!? I've drag race my car this year drove it all over town posted timeslips took the cam out how did we ground put a new one in in about two tests that! And I'm doing what?
I can tell you I'm worried about bad news coming for Jpar! LOL I'm more concerned that you'll never get your bellhousing let alone be able to write a check to somebody to put it in..

I might be starting to feel more comfortable with a race if I go over there and check your car out myself! I'm starting to get concerned for my safety let alone yours. Al these "professionals" you have working on your car are making me concerned for your safety.

And now they're talking about alignment problems and all this mess! LOL oh boy! I'm shaking in my boots!!
Oh yeah and that falsely accused innuendo about bong hits towards me? You should definitely be checking the three fingers pointing back at yourself cuz those are more accurate! The nerve! I mean this is basically the only thing you've done to your car all year and it's half done all screwed up and not even paid for yet! You got to be joking me!? I've drag race my car this year drove it all over town posted timeslips took the cam out how did we ground put a new one in in about two tests that! And I'm doing what?
I can tell you I'm worried about bad news coming for Jpar! LOL I'm more concerned that you'll never get your bellhousing let alone be able to write a check to somebody to put it in..

Scheduled delivery date is Tuesday by the end of the day. Pictures to follow.

I might be starting to feel more comfortable with a race if I go over there and check your car out myself! I'm starting to get concerned for my safety let alone yours. Al these "professionals" you have working on your car are making me concerned for your safety.

You should do that. I always need expert help.

GenerousDelectableEnglishpointer-size_restricted.gif

-
Back