Crank Turning Sockets

-

moparspares

Reaction score
I have destroyed 2 billet aluminium crank turning sockets and i am sick of trying to repair them. Does anyone make steel ones that will last. Any recomendations?

I got all of mine from Powerhouse Products but that was 20 years ago. They are steel with a set screw and threaded for their Degree Wheel.... Never had a failure and would buy them again...

JW

I just use the stock bolt and a 1 1/4" socket like Steve....

Treat your crank snout to the proper tool. Sounds kinky doesn't it.

I got all of mine from Powerhouse Products but that was 20 years ago. They are steel with a set screw and threaded for their Degree Wheel.... Never had a failure and would buy them again...

JW

Tks Powerhouse one will be my next purchase me thinks.

wondering, how are u tearing them up ? mine is alum. and I have no problems w/ it .

Yeah, I am wondering the same thing. Pretty hard to do unless you drop 'em repeatedly or use them for something they were not intended for.

Do he ones you destroy have a set screw?

call me extravagant or foolish but I bought a comp cam 4799 at summit for my LA sm. great tool. Made of steel. Rotate engine forward or back with out loosening crank bolt and mount degree wheel separately undisturbed. 1/2" drive. Set screw has a brass extension to not mark crank. 3 key ways. Also fits Olds (what ever!).

I made my own out of Brass hex stock

Attachments

• DSCF0706.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF0707.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF0708.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCF0709.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 171
-
Back