David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
When are you gonna partner up with UTG for youtube clicks ?
Race bottle rocket or something :)
Seeing the way UT throws people under the bus when "joint projects" don't work out, that would probably be a really bad idea.

Seeing the way UT throws people under the bus when "joint projects" don't work out, that would probably be a really bad idea.
Ya but opens you up to a lot of possible viewers if you can stand the heckling from some of the guys on here :)

I want to see 318 Willrun challenge UTG to a race. 318 against 318, Wilrun for the win.
I challenged any youtube channel to a New Years weekend donut contest with the Van Of War. .... and already admitted I will lose. But the challenge is there ...

What wrong with that? When you post on this site aren't expecting people to view it ?
It's probably to help DV and Charles to build up their youtube channels I don't see anything wrong with that.
I have no problem with you tube, hell I will be on it in the not too distant future, but to answer your question no, I don't post on here hoping to get views or likes. I post on here to try to help others and occasionally let someone know they are wrong in polite fashion.:poke: :) It's time for me to go watch guitar shredder videos on you tube and hopefully learn something new lol.

I have no problem with you tube, hell I will be on it in the not too distant future, but to answer your question no, I don't post on here hoping to get views or likes. I post on here to try to help others and occasionally let someone
How can ya help other if no one views your post :)
It's time for me to go watch guitar shredder videos on you tube and hopefully learn something new lol.
I should do the same

How can ya help other if no one views your post :)

I should do the same
From the ones interested in the thread I post in lol, if I was actually looking for views/likes I would start threads with something like "400 hp from a 318 with 302 heads" or "Ten second time slips with a 318 for 2K" :lol: and you should, music is the best.

Shortly after whichever rag employed him at the time ceased to do so, a reader's letter to the editor asked, "What ever happened to Tony DeFeo?"
The editor responded, "Tony DeFeo is wondering the same thing."
Classic.
Hmm, I think that was Cliff Gromer who said that.
I'm not sure of the timing, but wasn't that line in reference to what happened to Tony after they stopped making Cars Illustrated ?

Hmm, I think that was Cliff Gromer who said that.
I'm not sure of the timing, but wasn't that line in reference to what happened to Tony after they stopped making Cars Illustrated ?
Oh, I'm sure it was Cliff. That's absolutely his style.

I can't speak to Cars Illustrated because I never read it, but he'd gone off-radar in the Mopar rag mid-series (the Hemi one) well over a year prior.

I have only watch a couple of his Sunday live ones. But he has a container of tobacco, and he rolls his own cigarettes,
while he does that show. you watch him roll up several cigarettes and smoke them. You know it's because he even shows you his can of it.........
the last episode i watched, he talked about how U-tube slapped his hand and said that he could no longer show him rolling up his smokes. So as he is talking to his wife, she would have to span out to the grass while he was rolling it.

Just a fun fact, for Hump Day.:popcorn:
Good Morning!

I wonder which would bring more $$$$ for st Jude’s when it’s sold off.......

The 2bbl 318, built around a set of self imposed “rules” that really don’t correlate to what most of the automotive world is doing.......
Or.......a 360/4bbl with the same level of effort applied to it.
Something that should be capable of solidly over 400hp.

You know.......something someone might actually.......”want”.

My guess is......... by the time this project is actually running........ the original premise behind the idea for this build will be nothing but a distant memory.

Last edited:

The 2bbl 318, built around a set of self imposed “rules” that really don’t correlate to what most of the automotive world is doing.......

My guess is......... by the time this project is actually running........ the original premise behind the idea for this build will be nothing but a distant memory.
Move the goalpost as always.

I’m betting 80-85 percent of the guys on here would be as happy as could be with 400 horsepower. I think that would target a bigger crowd.

There no reason this 318 won't make 400 hp with 4bbl and headers not like you have to leave it 2bbl, with the effort their putting they should easily pass 318-325hp goal with 2bbl and manifolds.

325hp 318 with 2bbl and manifolds is a pipe dream with a happy dyno.
An honest 400hp with a 318 would be on the radical side. lol it can be done, but it wouldn't be tame

325hp 318 with 2bbl and manifolds is a pipe dream with a happy dyno.
An honest 400hp with a 318 would be on the radical side. lol it can be done, but it wouldn't be tame
Who said it has to be tame?
The heads they ported can support 400+hp, their gonna build cr one way or another, that leaves cam what they can carve from stock, exhaust manifolds aren't a huge restriction at low 300 hp, which leaves intake and carb the weakest link but is asking low 300 hp really asking a lot out of it ? Especially once their done modifying them.

If an engine builder with huge resources and willingness to put the time and effort can't build one hp per cubic inch I'd have to question his abilities as one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back