Does anyone have an idiot neighbour?

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

Yes does anyone have this problem? It can be very troublesome if you're trailer trash like me :) This guy next door isn't too bad when he's sober only he is overly nice to me. It's like I'm the nice weird scrawny guy who has this cool shiny car. Then four nights out of the week his buds come over. It goes on till three in the morning. They sound like a bunch of guys herding cattle. This guy is almost forty I'm guessing, it's time to grow up dude. When these other guys come over they zoom in already blitzed to the gills and I swear that one night one's going to take out my porch or smash into the company Subaru that I drive from the blasting company. Some people in the park have called up the RCMP on these guys and it hasn't been pretty. The last event was I heard the people next door to me on the opposite side phoned because one of them was blasting around the park on a quad and just about ran into this guys truck. A day after he phoned I guess these guys cut his water pipe under his trailer. It's funny when I think of this because my family has a history with the RCMP. My dad my uncle and my cousin who was head of major crime in Victoria. Maybe I should get him down here to put a scare into this guy. Oh he also bear sprayed his girl friend in the face. She later tried to kill herself and she still loves him lol.

Yup. Talked to them when I first moved in. Then they proved what idiots they really are.

Don't talk to 'em now at all and don't even knowledge their existence. I like it better like that.

I AM the idiot neighbor, at least in my neighbor's eyes I'm sure. All the hair brained schemes and **** I pull they GOTTA think I'm crazy. My mom and dad, on the other hand, haen't talke to their neighbor in, ohhhhhh, 25 years. I won't go into everything that has happened but here's the latest: My mom and dad's neighborhood was built on an old farm and they live on the pond with a huge field with woods across the street. About 2 months ago the neighbor called the Sheriff on my dad because he had his dog across the street, in the field ( 1 1/2 year old chocolate Lab), without a leash. The neighbor has a tenant so my dad called the IRS to investigate his income, HA!

I had one. They got posse off after I shot their dog when It came on to our property. This dog was aggressive too. If it were nice, I wouldn't have had a care in the world, but it had charged me twice in the 6mons we lived there and tried to bite my little sister. The last straw was when it came over a few nights before and killed my little dachshund. After the fact, they tried telling me that it wouldn't hurt a fly, yada yada yada. They had been warned numerous times to keep it tied up since neither of us had a fence. They were later jailed when they're garage collapsed and counterfeit $100's scattered everywhere!

Yup. Talked to them when I first moved in. Then they proved what idiots they really are.

Don't talk to 'em now at all and don't even knowledge their existence. I like it better like that.

Well what I know is exactly the wrong thing to do is start up one of these little private wars. I've seen it happen in here and it's a crazy - stupid thing to do. I've lived in here XX years and I've never had one thing stolen or been harassed. Sooner or later this guy will move.

Sounds like my neighbors were. I am fairly understanding most of the time but they would be loud till 3-4 in the morning almost every Friday night, their kids (18-20) would have friends over and sleep out side near a bomb fire they would get going all drunk of their asses. My wife finally lost it and gave me her blessing to handle things.

They would always go to church on Sunday morning so I brought my dump truck home one weekend and after a night of them drinking I went out about 7 in the morning and laid on the air horn over and over till I seen them come out to the porch, did the same on Sunday morning only it was about 5am. They stumbled out side to see me glaring at them. Haven't had an issue since. They don't even wave at me anymore.

Either that episode taught them or this one...I had my windows open in my garage one evening as it was pretty warm out and when I was done tinkering i forgot to shut the windows, now mind you my garage is inside my fenced in back yard so it's pretty safe anyways but the next morning I saw the window's open and went to shut them... well their cat got in my garage and was in the rafters, I must have startled it when I came in because it tried running. When it did it knocked a 2x4 I had on the rafters down and it landed on the roof of my monte carlo ss I had just painted putting about a football sized dent right at the roof line/front window, well I tell ya I lost it, grabbed the cat by the neck and wanted to choke it, I didnt but did promptly marched my *** to their front door still holding this hissing cat from behind the neck and told them if I ever see it in my garage again its dead.

One or the other episode cured my bad neighbor issues.

Well what I know is exactly the wrong thing to do is start up one of these little private wars. I've seen it happen in here and it's a crazy - stupid thing to do. I've lived in here XX years and I've never had one thing stolen or been harassed. Sooner or later this guy will move.

And that's usually the way it goes. Those little private wars usually never end. Once they start they usually escalate to the point of absolute ridiculousness.

I'm not one to call the cops on the neighbors. I got an issue I deal with it.

Bought the house, was here for a week doing some minor renovations before I moved in. Noticed there was snowmobile tracks going through the yard every time I'd come back from running for material and supplies.

Strike one. Talked to them about it. Stay off my property with your sleds and four wheelers.

Had family over. My mom, dad, best friend and I were sitting outside under a small maple tree talking and relaxing. The woman walks over and plops her *** down and starts talking to my best friend like no one else was even there.
Then her three year old kid tries to walk in my door like they own the place. The woman just sat there and didn't correct her kid at all.

Strike two. I'm having family time. My parents are here. You can see that as you're walking across the yard. Yet, you felt the need to interject yourself without an invitation to do so. Rude. The world doesn't revolve around you and I (and my parents) don't need to hear the bs drama going in your life. And don't you dare sit there and let your kid act like my home is your home. Ain't happenin'.

The woman has a funeral to attend and my best friend loaned her some clothes to wear (she walks around in pajama pants all the time). A week goes by and my best friend wants to know where the clothes are. The woman throws an absolute s*** fit about returning the clothes.

Strike three. You borrowed something and now you're acting like an *** when you're asked to return it?

Nope. Don't play those games. Too freakin' old for the drama associated with having a neighbor like that. I've got my own s*** to get done and am too busy to put up with rudeness, inconsideration, and bs in general.

And those who know me, know that the people I don't like, I don't speak to. So, I don't speak to 'em. I

You got one or two in every neighborhood. We are lucky the real moron was arrested for grand theft and serving 3 years in county lock up.

My neighbor bulldozed trees off my property so yeah...
top that.
I could have started with a much lesser idiotic thing from a long list and built up to the grand fiasco but the guy doesn't deserve that much attention.

No, but several of my neighbors have an idiot neighbor!!!

I have 3 idiot neighbors one above me and two next door. Apartment living sucks.

One above me "stomps" when she walks. The right next to me is inhabited by 4-5 people(2bdrm place) including an obnoxious kid that makes all sorts of noise all day long. The one above them, who play music all night. Well, they havent played their music since i yelled at them.

That said, my *** is saving for a house once this lease is up. Gonna pick up a second job and try to find a home.

If your living in a trailer park chances are...............I spent my childhood summers helping my grandfather maintain his multiple trailer parks in rural Kentucky. He was like a hillbilly Donald Trump! I think he just enjoyed the excitement and drama that went along with it. Some of the stuff I saw as a kid there made these reality shows today look like Leave it To Beaver.

Then again, I've seen plenty of nice retirement parks that were super picky about their tenants.

On the neighbor issue: Have a beer with the guy and tell him flat out what you think. If he doesn't change his ways after that then he flat out doesn't care and it's no holds barred.

If your living in a trailer park chances are...............I spent my childhood summers helping my grandfather maintain his multiple trailer parks in rural Kentucky. He was like a hillbilly Donald Trump! I think he just enjoyed the excitement and drama that went along with it. Some of the stuff I saw as a kid there made these reality shows today look like Leave it To Beaver.

Then again, I've seen plenty of nice retirement parks that were super picky about their tenants.

On the neighbor issue: Have a beer with the guy and tell him flat out what you think. If he doesn't change his ways after that then he flat out doesn't care and it's no holds barred.

As long as the trailer or the car doesn't get run into I'm fine with the parties I'll tell him lol.

Hi everybody.

Yes does anyone have this problem? It can be very troublesome if you're trailer trash like me :) This guy next door isn't too bad when he's sober only he is overly nice to me. It's like I'm the nice weird scrawny guy who has this cool shiny car. Then four nights out of the week his buds come over. It goes on till three in the morning. They sound like a bunch of guys herding cattle. This guy is almost forty I'm guessing, it's time to grow up dude. When these other guys come over they zoom in already blitzed to the gills and I swear that one night one's going to take out my porch or smash into the company Subaru that I drive from the blasting company. Some people in the park have called up the RCMP on these guys and it hasn't been pretty. The last event was I heard the people next door to me on the opposite side phoned because one of them was blasting around the park on a quad and just about ran into this guys truck. A day after he phoned I guess these guys cut his water pipe under his trailer. It's funny when I think of this because my family has a history with the RCMP. My dad my uncle and my cousin who was head of major crime in Victoria. Maybe I should get him down here to put a scare into this guy. Oh he also bear sprayed his girl friend in the face. She later tried to kill herself and she still loves him lol.
You work for a blasting company? HMMMMMM. :glasses7:

When these other guys come over they zoom in already blitzed to the gills and I swear that one night one's going to take out my porch or smash into the company Subaru that I drive from the blasting company.

Blasting company? As in TNT, trinitrotoluene, dynamite, C-4, etc.? As in building demolition? Mining? Your problem is easy, then. Some night, just sit out where they can see you, and have a couple road flares next to you like you're working on them... Or better yet, go get some modeling clay and make it up to look like a charge. If they ask what you are doing, point at your car and tell them you're telecommuting.

DISCLAIMER: Of course don't actually do this. It would be funny to see the looks on their faces, but I don't want you to get in any trouble, or lose your job over this.

Blasting company? As in TNT, trinitrotoluene, dynamite, C-4, etc.? As in building demolition? Mining? Your problem is easy, then. Some night, just sit out where they can see you, and have a couple road flares next to you like you're working on them... Or better yet, go get some modeling clay and make it up to look like a charge. If they ask what you are doing, point at your car and tell them you're telecommuting.

DISCLAIMER: Of course don't actually do this. It would be funny to see the looks on their faces, but I don't want you to get in any trouble, or lose your job over this.

lol...Or walk up to him with a 55 pound bag of anfo, caps and foot long stick and say.... "I'd like to get some sleep tonight ok?" I'm a sort of safety inspector but I still know how to load up a drill hole :)

I guess I'd be considered trailer trash too (I DO live in a trailer park). Next door neighbour has two Chihuahuas, one doesn't make a peep, the other barks its fool head off everytime it's let outside! Which is occasionally just as I'm trying to go to sleep! (midnight or later). I love dogs, but it is one I would just love to kick as hard and as far as I could! Oh, and occasionally I have to grab a shovel, and fling poop onto her porch from her dogs...

I guess I'd be considered trailer trash too (I DO live in a trailer park). Next door neighbour has two Chihuahuas, one doesn't make a peep, the other barks its fool head off everytime it's let outside! Which is occasionally just as I'm trying to go to sleep! (midnight or later). I love dogs, but it is one I would just love to kick as hard and as far as I could! Oh, and occasionally I have to grab a shovel, and fling poop onto her porch from her dogs...

I guess you've tried the "get use to one noise and it cancels the other one out" trick. Buy a nice big fan and run it full blast all night. See if that helps. The only problem is you may like the fan so much you may wind up running it all year round like I did for years.

There is an old law in Gilbert that says it is legal to shoot a bow and arrow on your property. This is an old law from when Gilbert was mostly farm property that was never changed. The neighborhoods here are no longer farm or horse property. I'm luck if there is 15 ft between our two houses.

My neighbor shoots in bow competitions and practices in his backyard. Normally this wouldn't bother me as much except that his target is on the side of the fence that we share and I have had several arrows end up in my yard over the years. His father even came to retrieve on of them from the fence on the other side of my yard because it was one with one of his good hunting arrow heads on it. He is a big guy and he had to use both hands and his foot on the fence to get this arrow out of the fence.

When my sister and her kids moved in I politely asked them to move the target or to stop all together, they refused. When I first got my dogs I politely asked them again to stop and they refused.

One day I went outside for a smoke and he was shooting. One arrow went between the fence slats and luckily got stopped half way. I hollered so that he could hear me and got his attention. Calmly walked up to the fence and told him that I wasn't going to tolerate it anymore, "legal" or not. He again said that he would not stop because he couldn't afford time at a range. I told him ok, shoot back there all you want, but the next time an arrow tries or comes into my yard I would use everyone in his house at the time for "target practice" with my .45.

He hasn't shot back there since then. That was the first time one of us has been in the backyard when one of his arrows tried to go though the fence and I was furious. I know I probably should not have made the threat, but thats my family he was endangering and it needed to stop. He hasn't talked to me since then either. I think I asked on here at one time if anyone knew about the laws regarding this whole thing.

Anyway, a bit long winded, but that's my idiot neighbor story.

We actually moved once to get away from neighbours. They weren't the sole factor but they definitely contributed.

They'd whine about me coming home from the dragstrip at 11.30pm with my blown Charger (Aussie Charger with a B&M blown 360) maybe six times a year, yet apparently it was okay to be up at 2am having screaming matches every week or two. The house blocks were pretty small and you could smell pot wafting over sometimes, and I caught him standing suspiciously on his side of the fence a few times while my wife was in the shower. Never caught him directly and the fence was 21 feet or so from the window but I stuck my head over the fence one day and saw a length of timber nailed across the rails and the only reason I could think of it being there was to get a higher vantage point (he was fairly short) for a better look at my wife. With no proof I just told my wife to keep the window mostly closed.

These people had absolutely no class or manners though. No kids, fat wife and little skinny guy, and if he wasn't stoned, he was drunk.

They also called the local council on me with claims I was running a car restoration business from home. Admittedly I did have 5 or 6 cars in my backyard (none out the front, I couldn't leave a car out there unregistered without it being ticketed within a day or two; something I also attribute to them) but they were all mine and I walked the council guy through my plans for each. He was fine with it and told me I could work longer hours if I liked. :)

But the real evidence of how screwed up these people were became evident when we put the house on the market. If any non-whites (indian, arab, asian, etc - we don't have many africans down under) came and looked at the house they would stand out the front and hurl racial abuse. Naturally this hurt our sale and it took over six months to sell.

The place where we are now is great. Our block is over half an acre and the only neighbour we have directly on our fenceline is on the other side of my big-*** shed. Although I might have to have a word with them because one of their friends or relatives has taken to parking on our lawn. It's not a major deal because it's on the edge of the block well away from our sight, and it doesn't happen all the time, but the lack of respect is annoying. The boundaries are pretty clear, and it's not like there's anything stopping them from parking on the street (small country town).

My a-hole neighbor kept calling the police on me for little picky things. My son had a fire in the fire pit (which was legal), and some other minor stuff. I tried to be the better man and not do anything for a while. He eventually wouldn't stop, so one garbage day while he was at work, I pulled his garbage cans back from the street and put them back after all the garbage was picked up. He was calling the police on me left and right for a week and a half after that, then stopped for a while.

He still "flares up" once in a while, but I keep putting him in check. Rumor has it that he is planning on moving soon. I already have my "exit plan" ready for when he does. I don't start things, I finish them....

Well I had a good one on one with Tyler, gave him some left over scrap wood from my garage build for his fire pit and I think we came to an understanding. If it still goes on I really don't give a crap I guess. At least I don't have arrows flying into my yard like poor DroVal..YIKES!

Have had a few. Guy up the road about a mile is a real d*ck. But I have not had to deal with him in several years....

I had an Idiot nextdoor once.
The guy was Moron.
I had a property line dispute with him.
Spent $800 to have my property surveyed, he still ignored it.
I had a fence on two sides of my back yard & young children at the time. I wanted to bring the fence next to him down to my corner of my house to fence the kids in.
This guy even moved a storage buildin 8" while I was at the lake one weekend.
I came home early & found him moving the building.
That pissed me off, so I found a fencing guy that Monday.
I didn't care about the 8", I was only going to be there 5 years.
Well, I had the fence guy run my fence to the front corner, instead of the back corner.
This allowed me to capture his boat. He had a light pole cemeted in the ground to lock his boat to & would pull onto my property to move it from behind the pole.
I lived there another 4 years, & he never got his boat out again. LOL

-
Back