Dogs you have owned....

-
Here is the family dog Lucy. She is a 5 year old miniature dachshund. Go ahead and fire away with the weiner dog Jokes.

HPIM1069.JPG

i had a german shepard,husky,wolf mix. He weighed 120 pounds,but was as gentle as could be.He had to be put to sleep after he had a stroke just before his 14th birthday. My house has'nt been the same since.

Here is the family dog Lucy. She is a 5 year old miniature dachshund. Go ahead and fire away with the weiner dog Jokes.

My neighbors in Chicago had a full size dachsund named Lepshun. She was my buddy and the first real dog I ever knew. I like 'em. They've got character. :)

i had a german shepard,husky,wolf mix. He weighed 120 pounds,but was as gentle as could be.He had to be put to sleep after he had a stroke just before his 14th birthday. My house has'nt been the same since.

Sorry man. I bet he was cool looking with that mix.

A 14 year old white Boxer I had by the name of Jake.I loved the hell out of that dog and it hurt like hell when he died.I now have a 10 year old boxer Butch and 2 year old mini boxer Boston Terrier Buster.
jim

Really sorry to hear that, I love Border Collies, such smart dogs. I've always wanted one, smartest dog I ever knew is this one in the pic, a freinds Border Collie/Lab cross, I totally love this dog

DSC01639.jpg

Here's my girl. I can barley look at pictures, she was a sweetheart.

2004_0925Image0011.JPG

.......fantastic shoulder for me to lean on while going through my one and only seperation/divorce. I was recently seperated from a woman i grew up with so i bought him as a pup to keep my mind off the issues at hand. Turned out to be one of the best duck dogs i ever owned. I moved to Missouri and then to Alaska with Buck in tow. Had many great hours of a great relationship both at home and in the blind. Very gentle dog. I remember once when the neighbor kid, Melissa, was over talking to us high goof balls, Melissa was 2, and i threw a filled sock for Buck to retrieve and on his way to fetch the sock he knocked Melissa over and before he would make the retrieve he came back to Melissa and tried to get her by the arm and pick her back up ever so gently. One hell of a Lab. He would set for hours in front of the aquarium and watch the fish. One time when we were down the Tanana river out of Nenana, Buck did a little fishing of his own. He loved the water and boats. That day we were on the Tochacket Slough pike fishing and everyone was paying attention to fishing on the other side of the boat when we heard a big splash only to look behind us and there was no dog. Very soon he surfaced with his own fish in his mouth. He hated Porcupines. I dont know how many quills i pulled from the nose of that dog. That is what eventually killed him. Those quills will continue to work their way completely through a dog whether it be through the brain or where ever. I do have fond memories of Buck and that is why i eventually got Cassie. A black lab female and that will be in another story. I still have her.
Small Block

Beautiful dalmation Longgone and I know what you mean by owned me. My wife is still heartbroken as our Cody worshipped her. We are looking at getting a boxer next.

I think most dog lovers will agree, you don`t own your dog. If anything they own you. :heart:

100% dobie. 100% cream puff.
they got a bad rap.
115 pounds

My buddy in HS had a Dobie named "Buddy". :) He was neat as hell but probably about only about 90 or so lbs. Not as "Chesty" as yours was and that's a compliment. Neat dogs and sorry for your loss. :sad11:

I've had a few over the years like that Elkhound/Shepard cross whos job it was to tree bears and then mine to shoot them. This is our latest Sheltie who answers to Sam or Meathead or Dufus but mostly Sam. Sam's eyeing up his Frizbee in this picture or my drink, can't be sure.

Terry

555555 (Small).JPG

.......fantastic shoulder for me to lean on while going through my one and only seperation/divorce.

Yep, Maxie's been through it with me, through all the moves and tribulation. She's my bud, no doubt.

I think most dog lovers will agree, you don`t own your dog. If anything they own you. :heart:

LOL, no doubt, here's my Maxie! Built like a tank:

web maxi.JPG

I've had a few over the years like that Elkhound/Shepard cross whos job it was to tree bears and then mine to shoot them. This is our latest Sheltie who answers to Sam or Meathead or Dufus but mostly Sam. Sam's eyeing up his Frizbee in this picture or my drink, can't be sure.

Terry

What a cool looking pooch you got demon. :) Looks just like small Lassie. :glasses2:

what size rims and tires you have on that demon front and back what back spacing

What a cool looking pooch you got demon. :) Looks just like small Lassie. :glasses2:

Yea we hear that a lot, They're proper name is Shetland Sheepdog and they're members of the Collie family. They're easy to train and scary smart and this one thinks he's a retriever when it comes to tennis balls and frizbees.

Terry

Here's my wife's goofball. He was trying to get ran over by my dually when I met him.

DUDE! He's a killer! I can tell just by the look in his eyes, lol!

So if he's your wife's dog, weren't you the one to pick him up if he jumped in front of your dually?

Com'on man, you can tell a fellow Chicagoan. :laughing:

Yea we hear that a lot, They're proper name is Shetland Sheepdog and they're members of the Collie family. They're easy to train and scary smart and this one thinks he's a retriever when it comes to tennis balls and frizbees.

Terry

Very cool demon. I've been around full size Collies and they are one of a kind. My one buddy didn't train his and since they're so smart, the dog got frustrated and ate everything. Not the dogs fault, I tried to explain but he didn't want to hear it. Smart dog + boredom = destruction. Just like people. :)

Believe it or not, ms. tanker can do the frizzbee thing. Even my vet doesn't believe it. I got to have one of my friends do a video thing. DoktorX saw it with his own eyes, no BS. :)

.....who got a real break from a good guy.....ME. Jiggers was a small Schnauzer that got his start with my wife feeling sorry for her mother after the lose of one of her dogs. He got the best of care but after a yr or two the need went away so the MIL gave him to her daughter and SIL who really never had time for the deserving feller. They kept him penned up in the house in town while they would go away for the weekend. That's cruel. During one of those weekend retreats my other BIL also felt this was wrong so he went over and broke in the house and took the dog home with him........for a few months......then back to the MIL's place. I never really heard of all of this going on until after the fact then one evening we were at the MIL's place for a visit.....yea right......i think the wife had something up her sleeve. We got in the truck fixen to go home when the wife ask if we can take Jiggers home....and that's when i set my foot down. I informed her we would take him but the first SOB that laid a hand on that dog and tried to remove him from my possesion would be taking an *** whoopin. He became my constant companion for several years. When i would take Anne and Honey coon hunting at night Jiggers would go along and when you would shoot what ever was in the tree Jiggers was the first to have fur in his teeth when it hit the ground. He was hell on snakes also. He would patrol the area around the house looking for something that was going to harm one of the kids. He'd been bit many times but always recovered. One tough feller. I would trap rats in the barn in a live trap and take em out in the mowed lawn and set it down and open both ends. Jiggers was right there waiting for the rat to take his best shot. The rat would fake right and then go left only to become aware of the fact that that dog was too quick. Another rat done gone. In his later years he got to where he couldn't hear and was blind but one day it got to the point to where it was bothering me to see him suffer so i put him down. Hard thing to do but necessary. Next will be the story of two black and tan beagles named Tuffy and Little Bit. There are many more stoies for me of several great dogs.

We have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever (10 years old), her name is Kahlua. Last spring she jumped into a small river to get a stick that was floating past her and she ended up going over a waterfall that was almost 40 feet tall:angel5:. She survived without any injuries. I can't explain what my thoughts were as I saw her go over. It was pretty sad knowing that it was impossible to save her but she made it out OK.
Our other dog is a Yellow Labrador Retriever (81/2 years old), his name is TJ and was named after my Jeep Wrangler(TJ). This dog does not feel pain and thinks that every minute of everyday is a :headbang:pARTY!!!!\\:D/ He hasn't had any life or death moments but he likes to rack up our credit cards with monthly trips to the Vet. Ear problems, lacerations, bad hips, arthritis, swallowing fishing hooks are his favorites. One thing for sure is that he lives life to the fullest. I'll be pretty upset when these two go, I think about it everyday now. I don't know if another dog can ever replace them.

DOGS I have owned... The worst one was a '58 Chevy Bel Air wagon.... 348 with Turboglide (troubleglide.)

Second gear went out almost immediately, turning an already slow car into a turtle on 4 wheels...

Biggest dog in MY personal collection, and I've had a few.

Serves me right for buying a Chev-ro-let-er lay...

That was the last one I ever owned and that was in 1967... 42 years ago.

It'll be another 42 years before I ever buy another one!!!

-
Back