Drive Like You Stole it... I did and I will....

-
Can you post a pic with the eddy carb hooked up to the trans kick down?
Mine is giving me fits with an eddy performer and a 1" spacer.
Thanks

Can you post a pic with the eddy carb hooked up to the trans kick down?
Mine is giving me fits with an eddy performer and a 1" spacer.
Thanks

No linkage yet on my car .Everything is mocked up till this weekend when I install PUSH RODS.
Go to this link
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=137229

I was unhappy with the prices of the MP brackets and was going to fab something till I saw a picture of demon seed setup last night.

I ordered the same setup as demon seed has from CSR performance.
Check out a picture of his motor on the following link about half way down the page it is sweet,he is running lokar cables and I will try to run stock accelerator cable and make my own kick down cable, if not I will order lokar cable.
Stay tuned,
TXDart
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=134896&highlight=low+deck

Not much progress this weekend,Installed Crane rockers that I got with 360 and found some rockers different,both stamp 1.6 but guess different styles or production.Who knows?
So removed them and installed rockers that I purchased from Mopar73340.
Fixing to adjust them and FINALLY finish putting the motor together.
See what I can get done today.

Attachments

• SHOP1 008.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 685
  • 03272011 002.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 703
  • 03272011 003.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 712
I know that Crane rockers probably would have been fine,just did not feel right.
Install my new used ones and nothing wrong with them,Start on drivers side and by the way I got to cylinder 5,something was not right...Push rod would not line up straight with lifter,removed studs and guide plate and it is hitting head....
Not a good day,found power booster that was in trunk to not bolt up to brackets and master cylinder lines come out wrong side.
Found some push rod alignment issues on passenger head also...
I guess when you tell a machine to angle mill heads as necessary they would not do it front to back.I do not know what up yet but heads are coming off and this project is now on hold till after May 1st.
I moving my business and May 1st I ,open at my new location.
All my time will be getting the new location ready and move everything from the old location.No dart time till then
TXDart
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTHCwU9rUdY"]YouTube - One Step Forward - Desert Rose Band[/ame]
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTHCwU9rUdY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTHCwU9rUdY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Sorry to hear that, I guess its part of hotrodding! Been watching this thread. Hope things work out.

Ian

Thanks Guys,Working on some deals right now and maybe able to swings some RHS heads from Brian by May 1st,the heads I originally want to put on anyway...
It is all good , just trying to use what I have acquired for my 1966 dart.The 318 will be going in 1966 Dart in future and 360 will be going in this car.
TXDart

I really like these 4 door projects. It looks sweet. Sorry about the set back.
Hey that 8 3/4 3:23 Suregrip I got from you will be going in 66 Dart and this little 318 will be spinning it.
Thanks again,
TXDart

Thought I read every thing on the magnum heads.
Heads coming off to clearance push rod holes and then going right back on.
Read this right now on Hughes tech site:
Now, to those of you planning on using a flat tappet cam, either hydraulic or solid and stock or roller rockers, there will be an interference problem between the push rod and tunnel or opening in the head for the pushrod. This is due to the fact that the Magnum heads.

Were originally designed for a tall hydraulic lifter. When you use a shorter flat tappet lifter the angle at which the pushrod goes thru the head changes. We mill this area out on a vertical mill. We are working on a drill fixture so you can again do it at home with a drill.

This is where the pushrod hits the heads when using flat tappet cams.

Attachments

• pushrod.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 656
Finally have sometime to work on my car.
No money left after my business move and between dentist bills for me and vet bill for my dog,I am broke....
So this morning,I got up and pulled the magnum heads off the 318.

Attachments

• DSCN0797.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 629
  • DSCN0799.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 621
  • DSCN0800.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 625
  • DSCN0798.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 623
Just put up my tools and tucked in the 318 till a later date.
I have not been able to make up my mind of which heads to use!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to buy some RHS heads from brian,but can not come up with the money.
I could clearance my magnum heads so the pushrods would clear but this heads are are not going to flow enough...
The bare J heads that came with the car are port match to an Edelbrock Air gap that came with it as well.
This heads would need the full works including seats and decking to get 10:1 compression....$$$$$$$$$$$$$
With magnum heads, I was going to run the Pro-comp Intake,roller rockers 1.6 ratio and probably to much lift with my cam..
Solution to my problem.
I recently purchased some recently re-done J heads with 2.02/1.60 and hardened seats for my 340 project but I am going to make them for the teen.
When these heads arrive,I am am going to do some mild porting and off to the machine shop they will go,to get cut till they are 60cc,get the throats cut and performance valve job.
Then I can run the the real deal,Edelbrock Air Gap Intake and regular shaft and 1.5 rockers....Which reminds me I will need to take the manifold also to get milled as well.
Just waiting on FedEX for the heads and then my machinist...
So hang in there,I am going to finish this project and will be burning rubber soon..
TXDart

Attachments

• DSCN0801.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 638
And when its finished you'd better come to at least one of the Tuesday night Austin MoPar meetings.
Andrew
PS you could always drive up just for a visit, before its done.

And when its finished you'd better come to at least one of the Tuesday night Austin MoPar meetings.
Andrew
PS you could always drive up just for a visit, before its done.
Hey Andrew,
Good to hear from you.I been going to the Saturday night gathering at Cabela's,always a few cool Mopars.
Where do you meet at?

Still waiting on heads,should be here by Friday just in time for the weekend to mildly port and then to machinist to get in line....
TXDart

This is a great thread. Thank you for sending me a link. You are giving me ideas for my 18.

What is the story on those rear shackles? They look to be offset. I have a set of 275/60 tires that were just delivered and will be mounted next week and they may not fit onto the fish. Do you just get the rear shackles with the offset to get more tire clearance? What about the front ones? Who makes them and where are they sold? How well do they work and do they hurt the launching?

Sorry about jacking your thread but this is where I saw them.

What is the story on those rear shackles? They look to be offset. I have a set of 275/60 tires that were just delivered and will be mounted next week and they may not fit onto the fish. Do you just get the rear shackles with the offset to get more tire clearance? What about the front ones? Who makes them and where are they sold? How well do they work and do they hurt the launching?

Sorry about jacking your thread but this is where I saw them.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...Performance-Offset-Shackle-Kits/?autoview=sku
The above link is from summit,
This link is some information,
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=1762

TXDart

Well due to the economy and all.I just been working to stay afloat....
I finished porting the J heads and they are at the machine shop to get milled and performance valve job.I nicked some the seats while porting.
My machinist is booked so I expect them back in a couple weeks.
I just need a few more things and a couple weekends off and some more :
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl6NfQyNLto&feature=player_detailpage"]Pink Floyd - Money - Live 8 - YouTube[/ame]

Well Life has it way of getting in the way of my projects,losing my best friend Jake to cancer (almost been a year)and the headaches of running a small shop...
Well it time for an update and I am determined to finish it and drive it by Thanksgiving.
I finally purchased some Engine Quest heads thru Hughes with 2.02 valves:View attachment eq hedas 001.JPG
View attachment eq hedas 002.JPG
View attachment eq hedas 003.JPG
View attachment eq hedas 004.JPG
Yesterday and today I got the heads torqued and rocker adjusted.
View attachment 20131117_134305.jpg
Power brakes are done with new portion valve and lines.
View attachment 20131117_134353.jpg
Well off to the Auto parts store to get some gasgacinch and rtv to install the intake ...

Could not find the MP intake bolts I order last summer and they were in the trunk,same size box as my rear end shims....Geez I need to get better organized,still missing 4 header bolts.I got oil and Comp breakin additive in it with a new Wix filter.
Intake is installed:
View attachment 20131117_180128.jpg
View attachment 20131117_180139.jpg

I need to round up my parts that are not in the car from my shed and home garage and will be back at it next weekend !!!

-
Back