Drive Like You Stole it... I did and I will....

-
Cool dude . Ya i need to do the same thing go though all the carp I dont need for the car im workin on . Lets see some pics of the intake on that sucker martin .

I just did cliff thanks lol Dail up didnt load them fast enough . I seen them this time lol . I like the air cleaner Looks real good on that motor .

Thanks Guys,I got my work cut out for me this week at my shop on customer cars but will find all the parts for it at my house in the evenings.Stuff has been stored here and there,but definitely work on it next Saturday and Sunday.Then I have 3 day weekend after Thanksgiving and hopeful be posting a break in vid.

Got to find a stock dist at my house,just going to break in the motor first before installing msd ignition.
Going back to the stock location for the battery for break in as well(borrowing the battery tray out of my 68 Dart),it was never done but I do not want to wire it up yet to the trunk even though I got all the parts do do it that came with the car.Just trying to keep it simple for break in...
Still need to install a shifter,running tranny cooler lines to tranny cooler ,fill tranny with fluid,and figure out the wires from new harness that I installed,install my oil pressure and temp gauges under dash,re shim the rear end to proper angle,PO has shims in backward and the 8 3/4 is point down.
Martin
Some odds and ends will be order from Summit tomorrow.

Well blew a head gasket and put it on the back burner so to speak,got to run my business first....Back to school has given a bit of a break at the shop.
Heads back on,shifter installed and ready to button her up !!!
New jegs dual exhaust is next...broke her in with the Edelbrock 850 and now got the Demon 650 on her.
Shifter installed...

Attachments

• 20140807_180819.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 380
  • 20140807_180840.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 378
Did the tranny just have a defective front seal? Glad you got her back together and I hope you've been well

Doing okay !!!
I have not address it yet.Hopefully over full and aftermarket dip stick is wrong.
Put it on the back burner when it blew a head gasket on the Third day of starting it.
Got the shifter installed to see whats up first....Just trying to wrap it up and finish it out.
Do not lack much accelerator cable , throttle pressure cable,neutral safety wiring and exhaust.I decided to make it street able.Booked tomorrow light to do exhaust.

Pulled the transmission and found my leak !!!Pump bushing was welded to the torque convertor,It took some effort to pull the torque convertor.So I ordered a new pump and took the convertor to get redone...I have a receipt from original owner and this was a fresh rebuild and do not know what happened....Motor sounds great !!!

Attachments

• 20140811_164300.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 344
Transmission is back in with a new pump and just polished convertor !
Red clutches inside and serious shift kit.
Convertor guy would not cut it open,he does not like aftermarket convertors with more stall...He just drilled a hole to drain no metal so weld up hole and polished up hub.
Installed Jeg's Exhaust with flow master knock offs,THANK YOU Abodybomber for the past thread on this exhaust kit p/n with mufflers.
Got it together enough to drive down our business park street (about a 1/2 mile).
Hit all gears at 1/2 throttle with Lokar cable clamped half way...I order a Duo accelerator cable to attach the 727 throttle pressure cable.
Will have to wait till Summit delivers socks for the plug wires and Lokar Duo...
MAN,this teen got some torque.
Pictures to follow, later this week.

Summit order showed up today !
Got the accelerator cable and throttle pressure cable installed...cell phone pic.
Sorry about the bad picture need to charge the camera.
Tuning her in the morning and hopeful find battery charger to take pics of the exhaust and more.

Attachments

• 20140822_191502.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 256
Well finally found charger for my camera but need to make room in the shop to get on lift to take pictures of all of exhaust...

Attachments

• 74 adrt 009.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 74 adrt 010.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 74 adrt 005.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 245
A little more progress,vinyl top is completely off.
Front and back window are pulled,time for some rust repair and a new gasket for front windshield,back window gasket is okay.Back seat is out for welding...

Attachments

• 74 adrt 006.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 233
  • camera photos 089.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 74 adrt 008.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 233
  • camera photos 090.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 229
  • camera photos 091.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 225
  • camera photos 093.jpg