Dulcich 408 on dyno - offset heads

-

cookietruck

Reaction score
408, 11.25:1, 320cfm Edelbrock heads with offset rockers.
Cam is 263/267* @.050 and about .650 lift, SFT, 108.
You can see pics if you look through his feed.

Will it make over 600hp?

Last edited:
F0EE7098-B1D0-46A7-9922-BCF9C7B4271A.png

6251B6F7-33E6-4DC6-B67A-6AD16458C65E.png

Screen shots from his Instagram. Looks like a bunch of offset. Maybe I need to drive over to westech and watch this one.

By the looks of those ports, there's not much holding it back!

As impressive as the ports look, I like the short side radius the best.

Talk about a compound pushrod angle. It's not enough they have horrible angles off the center line of the cylinders, but now they are splayed out away from the intake ports too. I wonder what effect that has on total lift.

Talk about a compound pushrod angle. It's not enough they have horrible angles off the center line of the cylinders, but now they are splayed out away from the intake ports too. I wonder what effect that has on total lift.

If the geometry is right very little.

Edit: I should mention he didn’t need the W2 offset for that head, but he did it because it’s near impossible to find TA offset rockers. At one time MP was making them but I don’t think they made many sets of them.

Yeah there's that shaft location thing again. lol

Yeah, and with that much offset the ratio needs to be .5-.8 higher than nominal or you’ll lose some lift too. I’ve seen some CFD or similar on those rockers under load and the rocker takes a pretty good whooping.

Edit: I should mention he didn’t need the W2 offset for that head, but he did it because it’s near impossible to find TA offset rockers. At one time MP was making them but I don’t think they made many sets of them.

I think PBR used .350" offset on his edelbrocks .

I used W2 offset on my procomps because I already had a set of W2 ductile rockers. I had to mill down my rocker stands for offset blocks to move the ductiles away from the valve. A LOT of work, and I hope it will be worth it...

I used W2 offset on my procomps because I already had a set of W2 ductile rockers. I had to mill down my rocker stands for offset blocks to move the ductiles away from the valve. A LOT of work, and I hope it will be worth it...

I forgot Harlan Sharp will make you different offsets

I think @pittsburghracer ended up having 8 .550 offset rockers made. He had .350s and it wasn’t enough. And w2 stuff was too much.

-
Back