Fabrication Thread: What have you made?

-
Hey, Donnie very cool stuff I'm willing to bet if you fabed the steering collar alot of guy's would buy them, cuz when you switch over to the floor shift you need the smooth collar. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 67-69 A is the same as 67-69 B body. Also the gas cap adapter works great I have it on my '69 Valiant and it's perfect!
Larry

Hey, Donnie very cool stuff I'm willing to bet if you fabed the steering collar alot of guy's would buy them, cuz when you switch over to the floor shift you need the smooth collar. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 67-69 A is the same as 67-69 B body. Also the gas cap adapter works great I have it on my '69 Valiant and it's perfect!
Larry

I started down that road. Its pretty expensive, but I may pick it back up. I may have a better solution soon regarding the manufacturing. If I do make em' this will be the place they make their debut! LOL

I have a thread regarding the evolution of that part. I found out that the manual steering columns are kinda hard to find, not to mention its a PITA to change the entire column. I have designed this so you can fit the plugs through it. You dont need to remove the column in order to install it and it uses all the factory switches, bearings, etc.

I may have to drag it outta the dirt..

Rallye instrument panel that accepts a D.I.N. head unit. The support plate may not look like much but it is/was the most difficult piece I've designed and fabricated so far.
Using fiber optics to backlight the legends on these bezels is running a close 2nd.

Rallye instrument panel that accepts a D.I.N. head unit. The support plate may not look like much but it is/was the most difficult piece I've designed and fabricated so far.
Using fiber optics to backlight the legends on these bezels is running a close 2nd.

:worthles:

Throw some pics of that stuff up here!!! :smile::smile::smile:

Backlighting project isn't complete. I will post a pic of a early effort but please dont hijack this thread by suggesting LEDs, E.L.film, etc.. Thanks

Attachments

• prototype.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,252
O.K so the flip top adaptor creates an air tight seal at the gas cap is how I see it. So the tank would then need venting,if not already done.

O.K so the flip top adaptor creates an air tight seal at the gas cap is how I see it. So the tank would then need venting,if not already done.

Most of that has been covered in the original thread. Please see the thread specific to the adapter. (link in my signature)

Lets try to keep this thread to the Fabrication. ;-)

Hi all I do some fabrication also, no CNC stuff other than a plasma. Here is a pic of a bumper i did
bumper.jpg
i usually fab up stuff for vw, bajas and rails. Here is a link to the stuff i make. STUFF
Im getting ready to build a gauge cluster for my barracuda, though.

Console I designed for my Dart

Attachments

• Dart Console.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,163
  • Dart Consol.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,163
Ha. I made this little guy in 20 minutes. Adapts a new solid state voltage regulator to be bolted in place of the factory mounting provisions for the mechanical one.

mech. unit bolted in factory location:

IMG_2967.jpg

Bracket out of 1/4" thick aluminum:

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

Simple, yet effective. :)

A few things, Rear bumper with tailgater lights and front bumper.

Attachments

• Lights2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,168
  • Bumper2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,181
  • Bumper3.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,167
Back in 1997 I designed this work station called the KillerKart and had them made here in the U.S.A. The Inflite' killerKart, so versatile it can be put to work in 30 seconds from storage form and put in the trunk of your car and virtually lay flat. I sold many KillerKarts to mechanics, pinstripers and other artists..
koncepts6.jpg

This is one of the many I designed over the years there.

Attachments

• 6299_d.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,133
here is my 10 h.p. 4 speed radio flyer. its not done yet. but getting there. i made the mount for the master cylinder today.

Attachments

• 8e0250f3.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,004
and my pride and joy. my blown slant six.

Attachments

• blower plate 2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,024
  • c7f01f3f.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,030
  • f53198f9.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,036
-
Back