Fast Ez-Efi??

-
I think you can use the xfi system from FAST for boost, though. I not absolutely certain tho.

Well the system complete is over 4k...............those plans may be out the window for now. A Blow thru carb and a MSD6-2AL Programmable Ignition and using the Plug in 3 Bar Map Sensor that will monitor up to 30PSI of boost will probably be my ticket.... That whole set up is like $1300.00 which includes a custom Boost Referenced Carb from CSU.

Wow, loads of comments after my last visit! DJVCUDA, what kind of combo do you have? 360? What pistons, heads and cam?

stock 1978 360 with small valve heads ( 1.88's) stock

kb 107's with a 9.4:1 actual compression

mopar p4452992 cam - 474 lift 230 duration

297 with the 2 holley 390's
317 with the EZ - no other changes

thanks joe - yes - 904 and rear wheel HP... it dont do too bad for a mild motor.

I have been researching this too, spent a lot of time in the EFI board at chevytalk.com, lots of very experienced installers and tuners over there.

Aside from Megasquirt, the Holly systems seem highly regarded, both the HP and Avenger EFI, for their plug-and-play aspect as they actually work.

The HP system is a laptop tune system and in it's kit form comes complete less fuel pump. The Avenger system is hand-held controller based and comes complete with fuel pump. Both systems auto-tune initially and both include spark control. Plus the Avenger system is upgradeable to the HP system with an ECU swap. Both are rated at 900cfm, capable of supporting up to 600hp and have MPI options. Both are square flange bolt and go.

Pro Products has delayed their spark control Powerjection+ Plus system indefinitely, not sure I want to wait that long...

For $1999 at Jegs, I am leaning towards the Avenger EFI system for my first EFI project. Ultimately, I do want to play with Megasquirt, but I'd like to get my feet wet with a safety net.

Plus the Avenger system is upgradeable to the HP system with an ECU swap.

I spoke via email last week to Woody Warren, tech support for Holley. Avenger and HP use the same ECU, all you do is download the HP software and you have a HP system, with full laptop tuneability!

PJ3 Plus with timing control being delayed is of concern to me. This sytem debuted at SEMA last year, and it still ain't good enough to release? It's a totally new ECU, so there goes buying PJ3 and waiting for the flash upgrade to the software.

My first post here but thought I would share my experience

I have recently bought a EZ-EFI kit from Atlantic speed (great service) for my 318. Spent a bit of time making my own fuel system instead of using Fast's etc as I wanted a better quality system. Fitted a lift pump (carter) to feed a surge tank then main pump is bosch 044 feed motor, aeromotive fuel reg etc

Anyway did a bit if research before I bought it and it had good and bad reviews but I lashed out and bought it. Got it running last night and it fired up instantly. All I can say is WOW! The motor idles like a baby now and throttle response is lightning compared to my carb.

My engine specs are stock stroke 318, 11.1 comp, solid flat tappet (not sure of dur but presume quite healthy), poted J's, Victor 340 manifold engine had made over 410 hp on engine dyno. Max power was at 6900 so it was quite serious for a little 318.

Anyway had a 830 annular on it and it always drove poorly due to the carb, could have been tuned better for drivabilty as carb was jetted on engine dyno for power etc but always wanted to inject this motor. With carb it struggled to idle below 1000 rpm but with ez efi it still purrs happy down to 800 rpm. Almost seems the motor is tame now. Ran it up to temp had it switching electric fans on etc checked hot restarts and wow so much better.
Most complaints i have heard for it is it makes your motor seem like a pussy til you put the boot in of coarse.

Well im very happy with it, havent driven it yet but idles and free revs so much better.

Fast do recommend running a MSD ignition for a clean tach signal and warn that electrical interference can cause havoc with FAST ecu.
I run a aftermarket ignition system from a local company here in Australia called ICE. Its not inductive pick ups like MSD or Mopar dissies etc but hall effect so it has a 12v switching still but as its a square wave signal hopefully it wont cause interference. I get a tach signal from my coil -ve and through Fasts supplied tach convertor module

cheers

I have the stock mopar ignition system and have had no problems with the niose filter they provide.

I had a pertronix dizzy with the ingnitor 3 not the 2. could not get the ez efi to quit running rough from idle to 2000. Would not go into adaptive learn because we could not get a stable tach output. Removed it and used a mallory with the hyfire box and cured the problem.

We'll I have the FAST EFI all installed this last week and I must say not one single problem. I drove it for approx 120 miles today and ran flawless. Cold start-non issue. acceleration-sweet, fuel mileage-cant tell I couldnt keep my foot out of it. The only issue I did have is with the hose that is supplied with the pump kit-Fragola 8000 series, I had to give up on trying to put it together. I tried all the tricks-hot water, hair dryers, I gave up and used Russell twist loc and a little hot water and it was good to go. The idle is so much smoother I used to have the engine idle at approx 950 rpm and now it seems to high even at 900 rpm. I'm running a magnum headed 408 with the .474 purple cam, 727 with 2500 t/c and 2.94 gears and 17" wheels.

glad to hear!!! I gave up on the push stuff too -

I just order mine kit from Jegs and got it 400 cheaper buy using there price check from e-bay. I cant wait to get it on my 318. I have been around carbs cars and hate to tune it. If any one needs the link for e-bay PM me. And yes it was the kit with the fuel lines and pump. It will be awhile for me to get it on my car due to I'm rebuild it. But can't wait to hear it running. Here is the link for me build http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=172503

MSD makes EFI system just like the Fast unit, I believe its even a little cheaper.

Hey DJVCUDA what kind of return line did you used on your set up. What type of ignition system do u have? Got any pics of it? I have the old points system and want to up date it.

Edelbrock used a Mallory distributor on their Mopar Gen 1 kits..You open it and there is nothing in it but a tiny PC board and a rotor! I think it just registers with a cam position sensor in the dizzy. everything else is done by ECU.

-
Back