Fast Ez-Efi??

-
I like the megasquirt. Plan on using that and 2 of those chevy tbi units for my bb. Nothing wrong with the megasquirt,just takes longer to set up.

that set up is sick, I would love to do that to my 360 when I get the motor put in just so I can put remote starter on it when I am at shows and have it start up with me sitting away from my car lol :)

There is another efi system available that looks like a Holley carb. I will post info if I can find it. The computer is built into the unit and it also learns as you go. Mike
> Toolman, I think your describing "Professional Products" unit. 930 cfm., was $1,500. for complete system, last time I checked. A little more for E85. I would like to hear from anyone running this unit as I'm seriously considering for a race car that needs live,altitude compensation,(Silver State Classic) race. Anyone ? ateam.:read2:

Damn I forgot about that race I thought they ended that! When is next race?

I got the Pro-Flow 1 in my shed, waiting to get my 403 stroker put together so I can start with the top end build. The PF1 Mopar SB version is limited to about 450 with its injectors, but the PF2's EPROM can be tuned with a PC. My 1st gen has to get a PROM chip burned by Edelbrock to your cams specs and can only be tuned with the control pad within the chips parameters. The gen2 upgrade costs almost what the original did. If you are serious about the retrofit of a LT1 intake, ( http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176 ) the whole thing can be had for under 300 bucks, intake, TB and computer all day long on Ebay or Craigslist. Camaros, Firebirds, Caprice, Vette. they all had them in one form or another and there is loads of info on them. Ford guys have the EECIV to play with. Many places will take a Mopar single plane and weld up the EFI bungs and supply the fuel rails. Then its just a matter of putting the pieces together. Happy squirting!

X2 I saw that same episode on horsepower TV, Imagine what that Hemi would have done IF they would have changed the cam.....

I saw that too and thought the same thing. Since they tore it down they should have changed the rotating assembly out and actually built it.

It really made me want to switch over to a new gen hemi.

Hi guys,

I have been following the progress of EZ EFI, and Powerjection since May, so I have a few observations that I can offer.

The EZ system has the injectors below the butterflies, and from what I've researched, this can cause difficulty in getting a smooth idle in some instances. EZ isn't able to be tuned from a laptop either, and won't contol ignition timing.

Powerjection can be tuned from a laptop, so when you get more experienced you can modify the tune more than the hand controller will afford. Injectors are above the butterflies too. A new model was due in March which had control of timing, but now has been put off indefinitely (according to a rep from their technical dept).

Holley has a new TBI system called Avenger EFI. It has a hand controller and laptop tuneability. It can also control timing with the use of a GM HEI a pin module. It's the only one that, so far, I can't find any negative reports on.

Cheers,

Robert

the EZ system smoothed out my idle from a carb'd tunnel ram - i cant think of a instance that would be a worse condition to clean up then mine... it did, and it idles like i could never get it to before... took most of the shake from my car... I'm sure some people actually would not like the way it smoothed out the idle...

Notice the heater hose lines...

before.....

efi

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmvMLKKPQM"]YouTube - 00305[/ame]

Wow,idles like a caddy! Me like! Years of trying to tune shaking motors makes me appreciate smooth...

the EZ system smoothed out my idle from a carb'd tunnel ram - i cant think of a instance that would be a worse condition to clean up then mine... it did, and it idles like i could never get it to before... took most of the shake from my car... I'm sure some people actually would not like the way it smoothed out the idle...

Notice the heater hose lines...

before.....

efi

YouTube - 00305

Darndest thing I've ever seen!!

not only does that idle smoother you have to feel the power increase. that cuda was sure no slug before but damn the thing just plants you in the seat hard now. has me sold. as soon as i can save the money a fast ez efi is going on my dart.

Wow! Chalk and Cheese.

How do you feel about not having control of the ign timing? This seems to be the big thing with EFI, and why I'm keen on the Holley setup.

Cheers,

Robert

I'll admit I am a carb guy at heart, and a hot rodder, I like the ability to have control over my dizzy and also like that I do not have to use a laptop, tuner, or dyno to setup my system. The handheld offers several key adjustments which are instantaneous.

AFR ( idle, cruise, and WOT)
idle
rev limiter
acc pump ( or equivalent for fine tune)
fan on temp
ac fast idle
there are several others that escape me now but there are several pages of tunability to go through.

Honestly if i needed a laptop to drive or make adjustments I would not have went EFI.
That kinda stuff is not for me -I just wanna get in a drive and play with a few settings on the handheld.

I've had the system all season now - almost 2500 miles since the upgrade.
I kept a trunk FULL of spare parts, tools, you name it - you know the only thing I used?

The spark plug wrench to check the tune every once in awhile - to see if I could trust the system... have not had one single problem with it.

i agree. i want to put the timing where i want to myself. and i don't want to be bothered with a lap top tune. its just personal preference i guess. think the single carb set up is good for like 550HP.. figure i'm not making that unless its an accident..lol. over that point i guess you don't hav much of a choice but to goto lap top tune.

the other good thing is everything but the injectors and control box are off the shelf parts. cheap and easy to get.

i agree. i want to put the timing where i want to myself. and i don't want to be bothered with a lap top tune. its just personal preference i guess. think the single carb set up is good for like 550HP.. figure i'm not making that unless its an accident..lol. over that point i guess you don't hav much of a choice but to goto lap top tune.

Or you can use the ez efi with port injection and use it up to 1000 hp.

mines goo to go till 1000 hp as well... lol.... 2000 cfm for a 360...

Thank you DJVCUDA for those video's, thats what sold me on the Fast Efi system. I just pulled the trigger and ordered one and will let you know of my progress.
I ordered from these guys,they have free shipping and 10% off with (KEEP10)=P~

http://www.streetsideauto.com/home2.asp

Or you can use the ez efi with port injection and use it up to 1000 hp.[/QUOTE said:
I was on the phone with Professional products today tossing the Idea around on my TT 67 Dart build. I am at the point to make a decision to go carb or EFI.

They told me on the phone with their Powerjection 3 kit it will support up to 550 HP and there is NO WAY to increase the Injector size to allow for more HP because the Injectors are inside. There are 4-62lb injectors inside. They said for my application that could see 8-900 Hp or so I would need 2 systems and Dual Quad it. They piggy back the other throttle body and only use 1 2.5 bar map sensor which they say is good to 20lbs of boost. Kind of a Sale on words because it comes with that sensor on the single set up and it is only good to 550HP I even told him that and he laughed. 20lbs of boost in a V8 will way more than pass that mark.

The whole kit unpolished Dual Quad set up is $2480.00 for 8-62lb injectors and another 165.00 to upgrade to 8-75lb injectors. He also told me I could get away with increasing the fuel pressure with the smaller ones to 56lbs and it would act like the 75lb's?

Sooooooooo my thinking is if I could do the Direct Port Injection with the FAST system I may just go that route!! I will make some calls tomorrow and find out if It would work for me. Does anyone know if it will work with a BOOSTED APP??

Will not work with boost or e85 or nitrous.

I think you can piece together a system from them that will work but it will not be a turn the ignition an drive away deal. You will need to turn it manually, It will also be EXPENSIVE!

Not sure if the "carb" mounted ECU will cause problems with the Powerjection in the long run. They say it's heat insulated, I'd like to hear from someone who's used one for a while before I want there.

Holley system doesn't need a laptop, it uses a hand controller like the EZ, and you can do most things on it, or let it do it itself.

My issue with stuff is the distance to send back for warranty. Not something you blokes Stateside have to be concerned with though. No agents in Oz for EZ or PJ. Holley is no worries though.

I think you can piece together a system from them that will work but it will not be a turn the ignition an drive away deal. You will need to turn it manually, It will also be EXPENSIVE!

I think you can use the xfi system from FAST for boost, though. I not absolutely certain tho.

-
Back