• no/f bodys suck/no such thing as a 77 rr

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • maybe

Votes: 30 19.9%

• Total voters
-
(re K-cars badged "Dart" in Mexico)
But they're not related in concept

Sure they are! Take a look at the Chrysler 2.2/2.5 and slant-6 engines and you will see a great deal of engineering philosophy and execution in common—no real surprise, because many of the same engineers worked on both engine families. As for the F-body being "related in concept" to the A-body, well, sure, and so is the Chevrolet Nova and the Ford Fairmont: rear-drive sedans, coupes and wagons with wheelbases of around 108 to 112 inches, considered "compact" at the time they were sold, available with inline-6 or V8 engines and 3-speed automatic transmissions, disc brakes up front and drums in the rear, and physically almost indistinguishable from one another if you're more than 2 blocks away and/or don't care.

Yeah, the Aspen was badged as the Dart in Mexico, and the Volaré was badged as the Valiant Volaré. So? That doesn't make the F-body any more related to the A-body than it already isn't.

I have no particular opinion on whether there should be an FFBO site or whatever, but "Oh, hey, F-bodies are related to A-bodies because the F-body replaced the A-body in 1976" is not an especially thoughtful statement.

(re K-cars badged "Dart" in Mexico)

Sure they are! Take a look at the Chrysler 2.2/2.5 and slant-6 engines and you will see a great deal of engineering philosophy and execution in common—no real surprise, because many of the same engineers worked on both engine families. As for the F-body being "related in concept" to the A-body, well, sure, and so is the Chevrolet Nova and the Ford Fairmont: rear-drive sedans, coupes and wagons with wheelbases of around 108 to 112 inches, considered "compact" at the time they were sold, available with inline-6 or V8 engines and 3-speed automatic transmissions, disc brakes up front and drums in the rear, and physically almost indistinguishable from one another if you're more than 2 blocks away and/or don't care.

Yeah, the Aspen was badged as the Dart in Mexico, and the Volaré was badged as the Valiant Volaré. So? That doesn't make the F-body any more related to the A-body than it already isn't.

I have no particular opinion on whether there should be an FFBO site or whatever, but "Oh, hey, F-bodies are related to A-bodies because the F-body replaced the A-body in 1976" is not an especially thoughtful statement.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this. But mostly, we're just looking at it completely differently. I agree with your points with the way you're looking at it, but it's a different method of analysis than I'm using. I was very careful to specifically say they are not directly related as A-bodies are to the other A-bodies though, this should be obvious without even mentioning.

Maybe the best way to say what I'm saying is that it's a small jump for many people to like F-Bodies that are also interested in A-Bodies. It's a MUCH larger jump in many cases for an A-Body fan to start liking Novas (they're not Mopar). And maybe even to have a personal interest in B-Bodies... if one doesn't have the space or $ for a B-Body. (Those are my reasons why I don't have an active interest in B bodies, but do have an interest in F). I also like the handling of A-bodies compared to B... similar for F. And so on... the similarities that people will see while staying within the Chrysler brands.

I'm just looking at the obvious similarities. "Not very thoughtful" in the direction you are analyzing it from, but I do have valid points from my point of view.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled thread.

And by the way /6Dan, just wanted to say that I always appreciate reading your thread replies with your in-depth historical and technical knowledge. It's a pleasure to have people here such as yourself to learn from.

I have a 76 2200 mile volare RR that was for sale on this sight last year ... search 76 volare rr forsale ... I would like to see it added to this sight

Heres my buddys VOLARE DUSTER Love these cars deff want a aspen/volare one day those cars will always be in the A body catagory to me they just seem like they belong there

Attachments

• car stuff 299.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 213
  • 034.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 229
I agree... "Count me in either way, but think I'd rather see it here as a site within the site. "

here, here! I agree! since the F body is a small group of cars that caried over our duster name in the states as well as the dart name in other countries it should get its own area

I like these F-body cars, it's like "dare to be different"

If I could ever get rich, I would buy a super coupe, hell ya!

Don't mean to hijack this thread but are F-body manual shift pedals worth anything?

The one jy i go to has at least 2 sets not sure if they are 3 or 4 speed cars though.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but are F-body manual shift pedals worth anything?

The one jy i go to has at least 2 sets not sure if they are 3 or 4 speed cars though.

yep it took me a few years of searching before I found my first set..

Well, forfbodiesonly.com is taken by some guy who owns aspenrt.com. I cant even find his name / email anywhere to contact him to see if he would be willing to sell me the domain name. If I could get the domain name I would happily build a forum just for F bodies.

Since I cant (at least for now) I went ahead and created a F Body forum here under the Automotive Technical Forums. SO have at it guys. Doing my best to give you guys what you want.

In the meantime, if anyone can find a way to contact the guy that owns forfbodiesonly.com, maybe you could suggest he sell the domain to me.

Well, forfbodiesonly.com is taken by some guy who owns aspenrt.com. I cant even find his name / email anywhere to contact him to see if he would be willing to sell me the domain name. If I could get the domain name I would happily build a forum just for F bodies.

Since I cant (at least for now) I went ahead and created a F Body forum here under the Automotive Technical Forums. SO have at it guys. Doing my best to give you guys what you want.

In the meantime, if anyone can find a way to contact the guy that owns forfbodiesonly.com, maybe you could suggest he sell the domain to me.

I just PM'ed you the board administrator's email address. May not be same as owner, but I'm sure he/she can help you if they choose to respond.

There are some beauties out there as i have seen em. I do have a Volare RR with a factory sunroof and a factory 360, bucket seat console car. A project but a damn good one if someone is interested. The last one i had i gave to Creed, MeMikes son, for a circle track car.
Small Block
Thank you Small Block, Here is his thread from the very beginning to where he and MemikeJr are now :cheers:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=98456

How about "Allyouzotherbodies.com"? :D

(Next thing you know, the AMC guys are gonna start whinning about having their own site). (Kidding, really).

Thanks Joey

I would like to see an "F" body only site. I have a 77 Aspen SE that I have been working on for about one year and with all the help available on this site it looks like most of my techinical questions could be answered. I am new to Mopars and "F" bodies so it would be great to have another source of info when I have questions
Dave

Attachments

• 01.04.10.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 01.04.10D.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 225
  • new rearend E.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Engine Comp.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Compartment 8.30.10.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 218
  • rocker arms.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 187
  • dyno test #1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 209
Would be nice to have seperate site. This has probably been suggested earlier but if the domain name(forfbodiesonly) is taken could forfmjbodiesonly be a possibility. I think you would get a lot of interest in a seperate site and we can all learn a lot from each other on interchangability of parts ect. There is no where near as much interest in the f,m,j cars partly because it's so hard to find parts for them but I hope that will change going forward. Since I own a "F" body I admit I am biased.
I am not afraid to ask for help and with the size of this site i know it would be a benefit to all "F" body owners and maybe along the way we could add to this Mopar family.
Dave

Joeychgo > thank you , thank you , thank you .... I got kicked off ASPEN RT sight because the person running it could not HANDLE THE TRUTH ( that is all i am going to say on that note )... and now that i found out he also runs the other F body sight ... i will stop posting on that one .... :)

Sold a set on craigslist last winter for $75 to a guy building a 383 4 speed Diplomat

-
Back