• yes

Votes: 82 54.3%
  • no/f bodys suck/no such thing as a 77 rr

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • maybe

Votes: 30 19.9%

• Total voters
-
Count me in too. AspenRT and Fbodymopars are the only sites I know of. Its good to have more resources but I hate seeing all the crap the F bodys get by some people. Obviously they made a "real" 77 Roadrunner, Chrysler sold it. :bootysha:

ive tried the fbodymopar site and its not the best resouce for parts.i figured through all t5he popularity that fabo gets/mags/events what not.maybe ppl would join a f body one cause yea theres like alot of ppl on the f body one but no active memberes just a couple2-3.

Since they are closely related to our A-bodies, maybe Joey could just add a forum on here...like the early A-body forum?

There you go. I think that's the best idea. As stated, you can't get much closer to an A-body with an F-body and the F-body following probably just isn't large enough to warrant it's own forum.

a site within this site..
they are like our "grandchildren"

i love my a's and i love my aspen i call ol rosie my dusterII but...

i know the knowledge on a's is magnifisent but...

how well does a's and f's look on the books? the front end maybe its just cause i had all 4 drum on my early a and this disc setup and front end is crazy.

but u guys are g4reat im sure u guys all have researched into f's.the parts help on these are rough tho.
i had better time finding my wagin parts then my aspen

Since they are closely related to our A-bodies, maybe Joey could just add a forum on here...like the early A-body forum?
That's the way I would prefer it to be also. In fact, I'd like to see the FBBO and FEBO groups combined with us here on FABO. Just make different divisions on the this site.

But they're not. There's overlap in engines and transmissions and rear axles and some brake parts, but that's it.

Looks like the forum at www.dippy.org welcomes F and J bodies as well as Ms.

They're not related in actual platform, which is what you mean, but I'd certainly say they are in spirit! When did the A-body end? When did the F-body begin? What physically similar attributes do they have? That sort of thing. Sure, in that sense, you could say that some other manufacturer's car platform is related, but seeing it from within the Chrysler ecosystem, I'd say it was a transition from A to F.

But they're not. There's overlap in engines and transmissions and rear axles and some brake parts, but that's it.

Looks like the forum at www.dippy.org welcomes F and J bodies as well as Ms.

Yes, we do. DobaMark over there has a sweet J body. Some over there also have F-bods. But so do we, here. Or haven't you been paying attention to Ross's F-body build or folks following along on bremeric's recent acquisition. We have two current M-body builds on this site with dla's and mine. Seems there's plenty of interest in the crowd of A-body lovers for these body styles. If you don't like the concept then you wouldn't have to peruse the pages.

Or didn't you know that Dodge Diplomat was the Dodge Dart in Mexico?

Yes, we do. DobaMark over there has a sweet J body. Some over there also have F-bods. But so do we, here. Or haven't you been paying attention to Ross's F-body build or folks following along on bremeric's recent acquisition. We have two current M-body builds on this site with dla's and mine. Seems there's plenty of interest in the crowd of A-body lovers for these body styles. If you don't like the concept then you wouldn't have to peruse the pages.

Or didn't you know that Dodge Diplomat was the Dodge Dart in Mexico?

This is a good way to put it... F-bodies are related to the A-bodies in concept.

I've had 3 Aspens, all 80's coincidentally,and 2 of them I've owned TWICE! As mentioned, they're one of the few remaining "affordable" Mopars left, and they respond just as well to typical hop ups. Just don't expect to get rich off them. I think I lost money both times I sold the R/T.

Attachments

• 3-15-10 087.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 238
I've had 3 Aspens, all 80's coincidentally,and 2 of them I've owned TWICE! As mentioned, they're one of the few remaining "affordable" Mopars left, and they respond just as well to typical hop ups. Just don't expect to get rich off them. I think I lost money both times I sold the R/T.

Dude, that looks wicked.
I'm all for setting up a forum for the F cars. I don't know if there's a big enough crowd at this moment to support a seperate site. I wouldn't mind seeing a few Supercoupes.....

I post my F Body 1977 Apsen R/T clean up here...

http://moparforums.com/forums/f13/

they have forums for the old to the new...Eric

IMG00786-20100926-1413-1-1-1.jpg

i have only ever had 2 of them. both 78's. the first was a 318 powered 4-door,it was a "field car" (exhaust routed through the hood,glass knocked out,rattlecan flames) the other was a slant six powered 2-door. it ran horrible,and smoked like a freight train.didn't have the power to pull itself on the trailer. it ended up out in the back field. was used for shooting practice,then a beating post for some freshly built derby cars,then,we finally set it on fire and hauled it to the shredder. but we had alot of fun with both.lol.

-
Back