Finally hit the track with my sons new engine

-
Flow won't really pickup but power will. J.Rob

That’s real good to hear because I was rather disappointed in the first Flow results hovering in the 320 range. That was just by opening up the pinch but honestly I had already had port speed pretty well controlled in that area. Now I will move on to the shortturn to try a couple of ideas but that will be 2-3 weeks till I get a chance to touch it

First of all most 408's don't RPM like a stock stroke will. Second--this car is very well setup and fairly light drag car. J.Rob

Im surprised me when I hear how heavy guys say there Duster’s weight. Matt’s Duster has the stock windows and cranks, a 6 or 8 point rollbar, frame connectors, stock bumpers and brackets, rear seat, one stock front bucket seat, and a race seat. The only Fiberglass is a heavy six pac hood.

Sure good evidence to consider a 360. I always had my doubts about the internal weight and their lack of RPM capabilities. I should reconsider. Maybe that 3.58 stroke crank in a 318 block .. Hmmmm .. But then again I always preferred 327 Chebbys over the 350s.

BD85B377-3669-40B4-A96E-61B5F3BF6242.jpeg
Thursday’s time trial

Sure good evidence to consider a 360. I always had my doubts about the internal weight and their lack of RPM capabilities. I should reconsider. Maybe that 3.58 stroke crank in a 318 block .. Hmmmm .. But then again I always preferred 327 Chebbys over the 350s.

I am pretty sure my buddy has an old MP crank still in the box new.
I can ask him if you are interested.
318/340 journal 3.58 stroke.

B65F83D1-457D-4647-A59E-C04F8103FC8E.jpeg
This was my time trial on Thursday and doing first round it went even higher. I tightened up the front end 3 flats on the shocks winning second round before bowing out in the 3rd round

I like 360's. My 3300 pound Dart( with my 315 behind the wheel) has already been 11.20's with a bone stock factory shortblock and a 727 with mismatched convertor.
Swapping to 904 and will have converter specced to the combo this offseason. Will run in the 10's after the changes i am positive. I shift it at 6 grand, makes power not having to run it hard.

I like 360's. My 3300 pound Dart( with my 315 behind the wheel) has already been 11.20's with a bone stock factory shortblock and a 727 with mismatched convertor.
Swapping to 904 and will have converter specced to the combo this offseason. Will run in the 10's after the changes i am positive. I shift it at 6 grand, makes power not having to run it hard.

You and I gotta lose some weight over the Winter. Lol.

Internal weight and rpm capabilities.....Have had no problem with 360s and their rpms...

Now I'm really thinking my next build will be a 3.58 crank in an R3 block 340 main. Have the hot street machine done as 408, bracket car might be stock stroke. Nice work!!!!! Love a hard hitting underdog!

Thanks but I’m just a guy who loves porting and doing flow tests playing with new ideas. I used to do some work for friends over and the Winter months to supliment my retirement and would tell them to start dropping their heads off in October but they would hold off till March so I quit taking in work

Well...
That answered that question.

First of all most 408's don't RPM like a stock stroke will. Second--this car is very well setup and fairly light drag car. J.Rob
Easy bud wasn't trying to hurt any feelings
I was simply complementing the guy
I love me some 360 and 408's

Heck I was a small block guy 40 years ago then went to big block for 25-30 years. Then after I wrecked my Daytona in 2010 jumped into this car in 2011. Over the Winter my 422 gets freshened and possibly a hair bigger but I will also be racing a big block in my heads up car. Gotta love being a mopar guy.

I do love running a mopar
It's all I have messed with
I used to carry shingles for a old man
When I was a kid he planted the seed
With his /6 work truck And it stuck
Wish we had more aftermarket parts
But it is what is
Good luck my friend

I check calibration evertime I start a different head and a stock Edelbrock head on my bench maxes out at 243 cfm. This set of heads flows a touch over 315 cfm with a 2.08 valve. I ordered 8 (.350) offset intake rockers for the set I am doing next so I can push the pushrod over

What brand offset rockers and lifters are you using?
How much additional flow are you expecting to gain with the offset pushrod?

What brand offset rockers and lifters are you using?
How much additional flow are you expecting to gain with the offset pushrod?
They are harlan sharp rockers and I honestly don’t know where I will end up at. Opening up the pinch wasn’t even worth 5 cfm so far but like I said I worked hard to get good air speed there (.slowed down)I’ll be getting home from the race late tonight but I will try to post some pictures of the rockers tomorrow

Sounds real good.

So with moving the pushrods over,what do you fill the old push rod hole with? how is it held in position?
Does anyone have pics of this modification?

-
Back