Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Looks good Scott. I like the look of that white one. One nasty little A in the makings.

Today I dropped off my heads to a respected engine builder(Mike at Active engines)He,s the top in Canada and also known across the states.He does all motors for Dream car garage,also does alot of offshore boat racing engines.He offered me W2 heads and intake done for an unbelievable price,just I,m not gonna be seriously racing Pro/Street yet LOL.He,s gonna see what the RPM,s flow first then go from there.In his shop he had an original Gt350 Mustang fastback(1 of the Hurtz rental cars)I belive it was a 65 or 66?Anyway the owner had shipped the car up from Texas to have the new engine done.So right there thats telling me how good he is.He was telling me how much I,ll enjoy the 408c.i motor.More to come...stay tuned!:clock:

Today I dropped off my heads to a respected engine builder(Mike at Active engines)He,s the top in Canada and also known across the states.He does all motors for Dream car garage,also does alot of offshore boat racing engines.He offered me W2 heads and intake done for an unbelievable price,just I,m not gonna be seriously racing Pro/Street yet LOL.He,s gonna see what the RPM,s flow first then go from there.In his shop he had an original Gt350 Mustang fastback(1 of the Hurtz rental cars)I belive it was a 65 or 66?Anyway the owner had shipped the car up from Texas to have the new engine done.So right there thats telling me how good he is.He was telling me how much I,ll enjoy the 408c.i motor.More to come...stay tuned!:clock:
Mike and Wayne have built several SBs and a couple of 383/440 motors for my friend and I . I've known them since the 80s when they worked out of a little shop not much bigger then your garage Petty. They are great guys and very well known.

It sounds like it went to a great bunch of folks Petty :thumbrig::thumbrig:
I am so glad I have 66aCUDA "our one of a few slant 6 guru's" just two hours away :cheers:
I am at a stand still now, Holidays and all, But Frank is sending me a Aussie intake/exhaust gasket and a new oil pump soon so I can get it buttoned up and to the muffler shop :happy10:
That is going to be one mad 66 Dart bud :cheers::thumbrig::thumbrig:
I am soooo happy for ya :cheers:

It sounds like it went to a great bunch of folks Petty :thumbrig::thumbrig:
I am so glad I have 66aCUDA "our one of a few slant 6 guru's" just two hours away :cheers:
I am at a stand still now, Holidays and all, But Frank is sending me a Aussie intake/exhaust gasket and a new oil pump soon so I can get it buttoned up and to the muffler shop :happy10:
That is going to be one mad 66 Dart bud :cheers::thumbrig::thumbrig:
I am soooo happy for ya :cheers:
Thanks MeMike,I have to keep motivated and continue forward with this project before I get the winter BLAHS!!Glad to hear you have some locals to help with parts and advise.Springtime awaits the both of us Bud.:happy10::toothy10:

I see high 12s in your future. Keep it up Scott.

Gonna need a cage
Don,t know about the 9,s Wally?I have looked into a cage though and they,re priced right.Try googleing S&W Race cars.They have quite the variety of add ons,even for Mopars LOL!I would like to get in the low 11,s,high 10,s would be nice.8)

500hp!!! Ok, low 12's...!! LOL!! J/K, you got the bug worse than I thought!! Are you sure that wavering on a 500 hp SB is cost effective? You may as well go for the 540 inch/800hp blown BB and get it over with!!! You know your going to end up there, you may as well skip a step!!! LOL!!!! Looking fantasic Petty!!

PICS,PICS,PICS!!!!!

500hp!!! Ok, low 12's...!! LOL!! J/K, you got the bug worse than I thought!! Are you sure that wavering on a 500 hp SB is cost effective? You may as well go for the 540 inch/800hp blown BB and get it over with!!! You know your going to end up there, you may as well skip a step!!! LOL!!!! Looking fantasic Petty!!

PICS,PICS,PICS!!!!!
HaHa!!ROTFLMAO!BB not gonna happen,I wanna show the BB boys what a small block can do!!:snakeman:My week off starts Friday at midnight!Then it,s time to lock myself in the garage to finish up the work.Also waiting on spring relocation kit from GTGrinly(thanks)was shipped wed. so should be here early next week.I,ll be posting pics soon enough.:clock:

Well I found out I had 7 days holiday left so I didn,t have to work thursday or tonight(more time to work on the 66)So I got somemore done on the minitub(pass.side)a couple little patches and some more welding an sealer then paint it,s starting to look better.More pics..

car pics 66 Dart 049.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 051.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 052.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 053.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 054.jpg

Well I finished welding up the pass. side,sealed and coated!Now onto the drivers side.Once it,s complete,I,m having a spraybomb made up for the factory blue so it will look all nice.I,d have to say I have about 12hrs. doing the one side(taking breaks ofcourse)HeHe!More to come!:clock:

car pics 66 Dart 055.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 056.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 057.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 058.jpg

Dang MAN !!!!! You are moving way to fast :tongue9: when do you go back to work :protest:

J J Y hehe! :poke::poke::bball::rock:=D>
You jumped all over that this strong end :cheers: "Some folks call it the week end"8)
You did a grade A job on your early A Dart pettybludart :cheers:
This thread will be used for reference for many years :cheers: Congratulations bud

Dang MAN !!!!! You are moving way to fast :tongue9: when do you go back to work :protest:

J J Y hehe! :poke::poke::bball::rock:=D>
You jumped all over that this strong end :cheers: "Some folks call it the week end"8)
You did a grade A job on your early A Dart pettybludart :cheers:
This thread will be used for reference for many years :cheers: Congratulations bud
I,m off for the week MeMike,still lots to do!The motor still has to come out!

You be careful and watch your fingers and toes on the new stroker =P~
I hope the motor pull goes smooth for ya :happy10:
Very nice job on the mini tub's :cheers:

-
Back