Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Hey Scott. I got the headers installed and today I'm fitting the oil adapter, so finally I can hear the engine. Thanks for the headers.

Cameron

Nice car ,looks to be in real solid shape.

What part of Ontario are you from? Maybe I'll see you on the road.

Cheers

Nice car ,looks to be in real solid shape.

What part of Ontario are you from? Maybe I'll see you on the road.

Cheers
I,m in Oakville,I also have the 73 Dart Sport 340(Petty Blue).I travel to Milton,Burlington and Cayuga lots!8)You must be by the lake?Hence Carp,Ontario?LOL

Well I stopped by the engine shop today to see how my 408 is coming along,they were just doing some mock up assembly so I took a couple pics of the ported Eddy RPM,s,my big solid roller cam(.630 lift)I got a pic of the cam card(didn,t turn out so good)guess I should have wrote it down.Duh!Was in a hurry for work!My AED HO850 carb was there(nice piece)new Mildoon pan and ATI balancer.It,s coming together!

P.S Also shaving the head for 10.3 compression,running 94 pump gas.:toothy10:

car pics 66 Dart 104.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 105.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 108.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 106.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 107.jpg

Well I figured I,d better get started on my 8pt. rollbar,I removed the bench seat and carpet.To my surprise,the passanger floor and drivers floor have scale rust happening(metal is smooth not scaley looking from under car)took my boddy hammer and started tapping around finding pinholes all over the pass.side,so decided to cut it all out and am gonna replace with fresh metal.Great,more work just what I needed.NOT!!
car pics 66 Dart 115.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 117.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 116.jpg
Looks like the mice have been having a snack on my build sheet!LOL
car pics 66 Dart 118.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 115.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 117.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 116.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 118.jpg

Nice car! It is at least way more solid than many. May as well throw on frame connectors.Or did I miss that?lol

Nice car! It is at least way more solid than many. May as well throw on frame connectors.Or did I miss that?lol
You missed that.LOL.I don,t know why they put so much glue and sealer down on the floor pan?I had a heck of a time rippin out the carpet and insulation,with a flat spade.LOL.Hey it worked,but 1/2 the insulation was still left behind cause of all the glue.A welding I will go!:glasses7:

Holy crap a flat shovel works best for removing shingle from roofs too,lol...I guess they though they could seal it somewhat...

Sorry I missed the subframes...There's a ton of pages here for this topic so I kinda scanned fast...

Well I got some patches welded in the floors,gonna spray some rubberguard down after the cage is welded in.This has been a holdup with my plans while I,m on dayshift for 2 weeks.Get er done!LOL:angry7:

Oh yeah,I dropped my tranny of with Harry in Milton Transmission for some racing touchups.Got some good advise on a buildup for the 904 from Chris Andrews Racing..member Duster346

Moving right along on your 66 = :tongue9:p~
That Dart is going to be eating up the 60' mark pettybluedart :burnout:
The role bars are going to tie it together for a good even wait transfer =P~
Keep the big picture in site :cheers: I can't wait for the new thread that you start " Going to the track this Strong End " :cheers::thumleft:

Well a couple new pics,floors done also got my adj. shocks in.I gotta get my gas tank back in too.I have to make some calls today to see if my motors done and check with my tranny guy.Til later dudes..

car pics 66 Dart 120.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 121.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 122.jpg

Hopefully picking up my tranny this week.I haven,t had much time to work on the car,due to afternoon shift(1 more week)then back to days and can get some more stuff done!disgust

I got the gas tank back in tonight and changed my centerlink from 6cyl. to V8.Just a few more pieces back together.
car pics 66 Dart 126.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 127.jpg

Anybody need a 6cyl. centerlink?FREE!

car pics 66 Dart 126.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 127.jpg

Well I picked up my tranny today,all fresh and ready for race season.I,ll be picking up the motor one day next week,it,ll be time to install over March break.So far things are on schedule.Pics to follow next week.:cheers:=P~

-
Back