Fixed my M1 / Strip Dominator

-
A long time ago, you had to run the orig. carb. for the engine used. S/STOCK HAS GOTTEN WAY MORE LIBERAL IN THE LATER YEARS !

Still have to run an "unmodified" factory carb, but has to have the OEM throttle bore sizes with no mods for airflow and still retain the choke plate. (i.e.: small primary TQ can be replaced with any small TQ.) Some original Holley applications are allowed new, "approved" carbs

Still have to run an "unmodified" factory carb, but has to have the OEM throttle bore sizes with no mods for airflow and still retain the choke plate. (i.e.: small primary TQ can be replaced with any small TQ.) Some original Holley applications are allowed new, "approved" carbs
well at least they kept something stock on them!

Taking inspiration from a few posts here on ways to modify/fix the carb base and plenum using the A-B epoxy putty (POR15 in this case, identical to the Moroso and others available) here is the opening with the speadbore base ears removed, then a series of 1/8" aluminum pins pressed in to drilled holes, and the epoxy putty formed as one piece vs. multiple small ones. Along with the increased tapered surface area, the pins and sides roughed up for good adhesion, the putty isn't going anywhere. The roof of each runner was then raised about 3/16" from the opening and blended in about 2" into runners for an even better radius into the plenum.

IMG_20190103_170632.jpg

IMG_20190104_160702.jpg

IMG_20190105_114851.jpg

IMG_20190105_114950.jpg

Last edited:
Taking inspiration from a few posts here on ways to modify/fix the carb base and plenum using the A-B epoxy putty (POR15 in this case, identical to the Moroso and others available) here is the opening with the speadbore base ears removed, then a series of 1/8" aluminum pins pressed in to drilled holes, and the epoxy putty formed as one piece vs. multiple small ones. Along with the increased tapered surface area, the pins and sides roughed up for good adhesion, the putty isn't going anywhere. The roof of each runner was then raised about 3/16" from the opening and blended in about 2" into runners for an even better radius into the plenum.

View attachment 1715271359

View attachment 1715271360

View attachment 1715271361

View attachment 1715271365

That's exactly what I was talking about !! Good job ! You shouldn`t ever have a problem w/ it unless u hit it w/ a big hammer . I think you`d have to try to mess it up!
Have u done a before and after flow test on it ? Curious-------

ob
That's exactly what I was talking about !! Good job ! You shouldn`t ever have a problem w/ it unless u hit it w/ a big hammer . I think you`d have to try to mess it up!
Have u done a before and after flow test on it ? Curious-------
Flow test ??????????

Working on a few things, including running it (after a few springtime 1/8 and 1/4 mile runs with my current setup) to see how it does. But longer term plans (which I'm working on with parts acquisition now) are having it tested along with undecided level of head improvements, etc.

Working on a few things, including running it (after a few springtime 1/8 and 1/4 mile runs with my current setup) to see how it does. But longer term plans (which I'm working on with parts acquisition now) are having it tested along with undecided level of head improvements, etc.

I`ve got a polished team G , I reworked, the corner runners were way smaller than the center runners, and showed it on the flow bench. Had huge diff. between them.
I got the runners with in 25 cfm of each other, average about 320ish now. Had it on the car, ran pretty darn good, only pulled it to compare it to a torquer 2 that I did the same thing to. Both flow about the same, but the wieand has a huge plenum, thinking it will actually be the best for a bigger engine ???

I thinkso, but it is also a thing of what the engine likes in the arena it performs in. Since I have an idea, I think you'll like it.

View attachment 1715271359

View attachment 1715271360

View attachment 1715271361

View attachment 1715271365
Good work there. Mostly Bridge porting or some hand? I have two spreadbore intakes I'm kicking this around on. I like the finished product!

Good work there. Mostly Bridge porting or some hand? I have two spreadbore intakes I'm kicking this around on. I like the finished product!
All hand. Plan to install it soon, see how it does, with a few other topend changes to follow.

-
Back