fm3 coded 340 auto duster resto...............

-
oh, i tried to flare it into the new fender, but too tight of an area. so, i decided to butt weld it from the back side!

also, finished up the driver side lower quarter. as you can see, it had some rust spots, but not alot at all.

this also means that all the metal work is done on the car, now i can do the bodywork! one week!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 773
  • 008.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 791
ok, so i am having family problem on wifes side, but that makes them mine. i have offered this car up for sale, and have one potential buyer. however, if he does not buy, i will complete this car. so, with that said, i took the liberty of hooking up the electronic ignition upgrade, and it started rigth up on the first revelution!!!!!!!!!!!!, she sounds bad arse!. i need to stop playing with it, as it makes it harder with the thought of having to sell. :(

ok, guys...................... THE BUILD IS STILL ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WILL be starting on doing some of thebody work in the am, as i really do not have money for the last few things i need, but have plenty to do that does not need mony, but yet some time! stay tuned.lol

Sweet! im happy you get to keep it but also hope things with your family worked out good too :D

well, i got ambitious, so i fired up the heaters, and put some mud on the car. tommorow i will spend 12 hrs on it, and get everything roughed in really close. . i need a hood like yesterday though.lol

Kool build can't wait to see it in paint .makes me want to get started working on mine again I ran out of fuel on my build . And time .but I'm still buying parts will get back to mine this spring

well, i got ambitious, so i fired up the heaters, and put some mud on the car. tommorow i will spend 12 hrs on it, and get everything roughed in really close. . i need a hood like yesterday though.lol

do you have any 73 - up bucket seats with tracks? I have a nice hood I could trade. You would have to come pick it up!

sorry, no buckets. sold last perfect set a month ago, as i wanted to put bench in pinky, as i have never restored one and put a bench. this will be first, and just sitting in it feels so much better than the buckets. i think.lol

do you have any 73 - up bucket seats with tracks? I have a nice hood I could trade. You would have to come pick it up!

Sorry to burgle your resto thread Joe but i saw mark was looking for seats.

Mark
If I can source a 70' bench seat or 70-72 buckets ill let my 73 buckets and tracks go. The buckets came out of a 73 sport, Hemi Denny has the sail panels in his Duster, lol...anyhow i am always looking so ill let you know.
Floyd

just spent the last 3 hrs reading this thread from start to finish,man you do some awesome and lightning fast work my head is realing from how fast and meticulous your work is .

sorry, no buckets. sold last perfect set a month ago, as i wanted to put bench in pinky, as i have never restored one and put a bench. this will be first, and just sitting in it feels so much better than the buckets. i think.lol

Bummer......

ok, guys, i have busted my arse on this car for the last 39 hours with only a 2 hr break. me and another guy knocked out all the bodywork, and she just got primed in my garage!. she will be painted tommorow, minus a hood.lol

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 425
  • 009.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 423
  • 008.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 418
  • 007.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 006.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 005.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 004.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 414
  • 003.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 416
  • 002.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 414
  • 001.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 425
few more. after thinking of it, i will not be painting tommorow, as i have at least one whole day of wet sanding the car down!. fun time :(

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 431
  • 011.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 422
first pic is of a 73 fender, that i had to convert the marker light setup. it turned out great! oh, and in primer!

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 407
  • 013.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 398
  • 015.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 377
  • 016.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 390
oh, do not worry bout the fender to door body lines, as the fenders are just hanging on there.lol

Joe are the windows out of a ex-drag car ?

yea, these are the windows in it origionally. i am going to leave that on the window, so when i go cruising, maybe i can fine the guy, richard riles, who owned the car from 1979 to 2010 !. he used to race it somewhere

Ah that's what I thought sounds like a good idea.

well, hard to sleep!. i hooked everything up, got the new fuel tank in, and a ground srap. before i primed it, i took it for a blast down the road to get all the sanding dust off!!!!!!! man it is mean!

-
Back