fm3 coded 340 auto duster resto...............

-
I see you were up late last night playing in the garage nice work on the quarter,also seen you did work on your striker,so went out to the garage and looked at mine it's has stress cracks around it. piss me off,son of a *****.

well, kids fell asleep early tonight!. so, i made a template for the passenger side, and all i had left off a skin was a straight angle, so i had to beat it to death on the anvil to get the circular pattern off the quarter. here she is!

this one, i am going to butt weld in

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 738
  • 015.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 729
  • 016.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 733
got the piece all set and welded in. almost done all welding on the car, then time for sanding, prime,a nd may wait till spring to paint!

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 708
  • 018.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 727
nah!, who knows. it may put me over budget to paint it in the winter time, as it costs about 50 bucks a day to heat! i need a new and better heating device!

ok, so, i ahve been cutting out the lower quarters, as they need help. i found a treasure of garbage in them. i need to bring out my gold pan, and see if i can pan out some gold!!
filled in all the holes for the vynal top that someone put on the car at one point.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 669
  • 008.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 673
  • 007.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 668
  • 005.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 660
  • 004.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 667
sorry guys, i have not update latley. i had my computer blow up, and have been using a dinosaur!, so i was unable to upload pics.lol

well, i got the duster in epoxy primer. got the lowers cut and fitted/tacked in place. also applied the zinc-primer, since i took the whole car to metal

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 612
  • 023.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 601
  • 024.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 607
  • 025.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 607
  • 026.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 601
  • 027.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 605
  • 028.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 585
Looks good.
$50 a day to heat, what are you using electric?
Buy you a kerosene torpeto heater and insulate the crap out of the garage.
I only spend $30 max a month when it below freezing to keep my shop warm.

I've been wondering what happened to Pinky. Looking gooooooood. :thumblef: I hope you remove the shock hardware before painting the engine bay. :D

Wylde1.

sold them to mmber here, shipped them out, for him to tell me they were for chebby! they were 4.75 pattern, so he put them on ebay, and had cats knocking his door down for them! .lol

yea, but with trying to do customers cars', i have lost alot of momentum!. ill get back on it here soon!. iu hate looking at the engine sitting on the stand!

now guys, do you suggest that i paint all door jams, then install doors/hood/trunk, or paint each piece opf the car seperate, then put car back together?lol

Most of the painters that I spoke to about my projects have said they spray the jams and back side of the fenders, doors, trunk and hood. Then bolt on the panels and spray as they will be sitting on the car. After the paint, then do the final panel adjustments.

If you spray the panels off the car. Make sure to hang the panels as they would be on the car. If you lay the panels flat the paint will lay out different than on the rear quarters which were sprayed while upright.

Most of the painters that I spoke to about my projects have said they spray the jams and back side of the fenders, doors, trunk and hood. Then bolt on the panels and spray as they will be sitting on the car. After the paint, then do the final panel adjustments.

If you spray the panels off the car. Make sure to hang the panels as they would be on the car. If you lay the panels flat the paint will lay out different than on the rear quarters which were sprayed while upright.

I've heard that some were before, so it must be ture. but i'm no painter by trade.

Your buddy's Panther Pink pro street looks great without a vinyl top. I would go that way too, if I were fortunate enough to have such a project. Glad this car will be saved.

well guys, thought i would have some pics of the fenders getting stripped and primed, but there were 11 coats of paint on them! and that does not count the coats of primer !!!!!!!!!!!! i was so frustrated. it took me 1 gallon of stripper to do one fender!.

-
Back