fm3 coded 340 auto duster resto...............

-
nah, i only drink that on the road trips!. ill drink like 5, then puke it all up, and start over. rofl

IT IS OFFICIAL. THE CAR WILL NOW BE CONVERTED TO A FOUR SPEED !. I MARKED AND CUT THE FLOOR OUT, AND JUST GOT DONE WELDING THE HUMP IN.! PICS TO COME

IT IS OFFICIAL. THE CAR WILL NOW BE CONVERTED TO A FOUR SPEED !. I MARKED AND CUT THE FLOOR OUT, AND JUST GOT DONE WELDING THE HUMP IN.! PICS TO COME

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!! He's cuttin' her up. :blob:

Mini tubs, MiNi TuBs, MINI TUBS!!!!!! Come on, she'll look hot and nasty with some Mickey Thompson 28x13.5x15 ET STreet tires in the back. :burnout: :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

nah, i am a street warrior, not a track guy!lol

so, here pics of the floor with hump installed, seam sealed, and coated.

also, got the engine completly back together!

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 683
  • 024.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 711
  • 025.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 700
well, lazy today, but i did manage to blast, prime, and repaint the whole rear-end. now ready to go in!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 678
yes, origional 8.75 out of a 70 340 - 4 speed car. i took everything from the four speed,a nd swapping it into this car.

besides primer, and some other small stuff, i have everything to put back together, so i am hoping for it to be ont he road by spring time!

ok, got old rear out, and ready to put new setup in!.

also, i decided to jump to restoring a sharkttoth grille for the car. i have one that i got from the scamp, and i thought it was in great shape!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow, was i wrong. it was a mess. the hardest part was fixing the faces of the out edge of the fins.
here is some pics as it sits now

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 629
  • 005.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 610
  • 004.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 588
  • 003.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 606
  • 002.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 621
  • 001.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 623
here is the grille all fixed up, all cracks done, and in primer!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 597
  • 002.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 601
next step on the grille is done. i put down the paint, now let it dry over night, and may do the black fins. have not decided as i like it both ways!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 566
for the final, i use a 3/ inch wide heat knife, to melt both pieces as one.

Keep up the good work, you are going to end up with a real nice car.

here is the grille, with the final coat of silver. i used the darker silver due to the light finish silver, so i wanted to darken it up some

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 565
  • 005.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 567
  • 004.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 579
Looking good Joe.

I enjoy watching the stuff you do because you do like I do. Rather than go out and buy new parts left and right.....your resourceful and try to bring life back to old parts.

That grill looks sharp!

Looking good Joe.

I enjoy watching the stuff you do because you do like I do. Rather than go out and buy new parts left and right.....your resourceful and try to bring life back to old parts.

That grill looks sharp!

And he's fast. It's one thing to do great work, but the man's able to work at an amazing pace. Send me some of your go-go juice. I could use a boost. Pinky will be a beauty queen in no time at all. :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

Agree on the speed portion. A few more pictures and it would be like watching a video! Lookin' good

Grant

here is the grille with the bezels, turn signals all redone and setting in place

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 523
  • 008.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 534
I can't believe how much you've gotten done. 340plot, you must have a very loving wife,cause if i started bringing car parts in the house i'd be in the DOG HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!

here is what i just cam out of the garage from doing
i had the same problem. someone put two sheetmetal screws into it to hold in place. uh, uh. not on my car. while i did not have funds to buy the piece, i luckily have some skills to do my own.

i started out with removing the striker itself. once i took the scres out, it just fell out. i cut a square are out of a parts car, and put it in from behine. then marked location, and drilled 4 holes in the corners, for spot welds. i also had to come up with the sheetmetal that was missing off of the striker also, so, i took one of the washer from the old one, and reamed out the center to 1 inch round. this way, when i weld the piece in, the striker will be at same distanc out off the jam as factory. i also welded the washer to the origional metal that was torn up. ground it all smooth and now ready to put a light coat of mud to make it look factory. when i am done, you will never know the difference!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 483
  • 006.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 492
  • 005.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 486
  • 004.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 487
  • 003.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 487
Hey,Joe did you end up painting the gills black on the grill or did you leave it all silver. It's hard to tell from pic. Your car coming along great!

i did not paint the gills. i am still un-decided!

well, had to spend some quality time with the family, as wife had off 3 days in a row.
but, i did manage to sneak out tonight, and decided to takle thedrastic part i have dreading. someone cut out parts of the quarters, just to get bigger tires under it.
i had a old set of quarter skins laying arout, so i cut out what was needed, and flared it, and fit it in, spot welded and then finished all welds. took me 1 hr to do one side. went alot eaasier than i thought it was going to be

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 432
  • 011.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 012.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 428
  • 013.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 428
-
Back