fm3 coded 340 auto duster resto...............

-
sounds like your way ahead of me already lol.

figured id mention that stuff just in case though.

I enjoy watching everything you do with cars man, you always seem to have that "go get em" attitude and knock your projects out fast and they end up looking good.

can't wait to see what this one looks like when its done!

wooo-hooo, hold your horses there!. this one i am not in a rush to do!, but i must still paick at it every single day. cause if i do not, then i will lose all visions of it when done, and then i loose all intrest in finishing it!.lmao it is that friggin snow-ball-effect thing!

plus, the wife works, and i am a stay at home dad, and i love to spend time with my son. our daughter is in school already, and i miss her. jr starts this year comming up, so i may as well spend as much time with him as possible!.. but i still sneak out from time to time, or just let him come out there and lose my tools for me, so when i need them, i have to go on like a easter egg hunt for them!. i would not give it up for the world though. i still get what i need to done!

wooo-hooo, hold your horses there!. this one i am not in a rush to do!, but i must still paick at it every single day. cause if i do not, then i will lose all visions of it when done, and then i loose all intrest in finishing it!.lmao it is that friggin snow-ball-effect thing!

plus, the wife works, and i am a stay at home dad, and i love to spend time with my son. our daughter is in school already, and i miss her. jr starts this year comming up, so i may as well spend as much time with him as possible!.. but i still sneak out from time to time, or just let him come out there and lose my tools for me, so when i need them, i have to go on like a easter egg hunt for them!. i would not give it up for the world though. i still get what i need to done!

Keep up the good work Dad, you will blink your eyes and the kids will be in there teen's.

ok. decided to replace just the area of floor needed, as i think it would be a waste to do the entire floor.

here is i cut it out and use the piece as a template.

i also jumped to another project aspect of the car. i pulled the entire dash apart for resto.

here are picks of floor first. will cut the floor patch out tommorow, and weld it in

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 681
  • 002.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 675
now, i took tons of pics of doing the dash, as i may do a budget resto thread on it.

the face is one of the best condition i have had my hands on. yea, all the paint is peeled, but there is no plastic repairs needed. not cut out around radio.
but, under the ashtray, the dash is twisted something feirce. i will have to dolly the dent out, and straighten it all.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 671
  • 004.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 664
  • 005.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 667
  • 006.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 664
  • 007.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 662
here is the frame after hammer and dollying the damaged area.
it was a pain. i had to actually make a wooden jig to set and strap it to, just to get a straight line. it is not 100% but close to it!

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 663
  • 012.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 659
  • 011.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 659
  • 010.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 663
here is some pics of the dash face resto.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 644
  • 024.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 650
  • 023.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 649
  • 022.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 658
  • 021.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 661
  • 020.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 674
  • 015.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 652
  • 014.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 649
  • 009.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 637
  • 008.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 659
man i'll be following your gauge restoration i'm trying to do mine by hand but wheew is it alot of work!

well, i got home late today from picking up another duster, and i am tired. but.... i went out and media blasted a 340 un-silenced air cleaner, and put the next step of paint on the gauge face

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 619
  • 062.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 627
  • 061.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 622
  • 060.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 633
this is the breather before-hand

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 621
my buddy just did a complete front clip on a number AAR cuda, frame rails, rad support swap etc...wasent bad at all, he figured it was harder to line up a set of OEM quarters

ok, so, i posted a little while ago, that i was going to take the inner fender and frame rail out of the scamp donor. all said and done, including taking the k-frame out, i think it took like 2 to 2.5 hours to remove the frame rail. i am happy!. now tonight i can finish taking out the one in pinky. going alot easier than i thought. i am sooooooooo glad i decided to do it the right way

Pinky...LOL
Nice name for her.

Great Work! Glad I found your thread. Lovin it!!:cheers:

Your the man now that ya got a pink car, wish I had one. Even if I did ABodyBetty would claim it for herself, LMAO!!:D

Have a great day today and keep up the great work! Fab is where it's at.
John:coffee2:

ok, so, today, i finished up the breather. also finished the rallye dash frame. it is ready for it to be put back together.

getting there slowly but surely!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 591
  • 005.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 589
  • 004.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 584
  • 002.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 587
  • 001.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 583
  • 003.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 586
Looks good,but you may not want the top of the dash gloss.The gloss paint will reflect the sun and blind you.

Jim

thanks for noticing. i used semi-gloss, but it does still shine alot. luckily, i did it the same color before, and i didnt get blinded!. well, i did not drive it much either.lol

On my duster I used satin black on the dash and semi gloss black on the doors and sail panels and what not. it came out looking factory.

I agree though...you might not like the high gloss on the dash because of glare....and dust on top of a shiny black surface will show big time.

maybe scuff it up and lay down some satin clear over top?

unless thats the look you were going for? if so....then more power to ya!

yes, the way i wanted it to look.lol if you are sitting in the seat, the dash pad sits up higher than the frame, so no worries with glare!.

the paint i bought is supposed to be semi-gloss black, but the goof balls mixing paint have no clue sometimes.lol

HAHA....I hear ya.

Your work looks like it came out great though!, cant wait to see the dash all back together all nice and new.

Didn't you spiff up one of these rally dash's once before about a year or so ago? if I remember right it came out looking awesome!.

well, i got bored today, so i blasted the doors, da them,a nd got them ready for light bodywork,a nd primer.

also, i decided to finish the rallye dash.

IT CAME OUT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 520
  • 017.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 513
  • 016.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 515
  • 015.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 519
  • 014.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 523
  • 013.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 522
  • 011.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 520
  • 012.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 525
What blast material are you using?
I bought the same blater you are using and it goes thru media like mad.
Tractor supply fine black diamonds.
50 lbs lasts under 5 minutes.

HAHA....I hear ya.

Your work looks like it came out great though!, cant wait to see the dash all back together all nice and new.

Didn't you spiff up one of these rally dash's once before about a year or so ago? if I remember right it came out looking awesome!.

i did, and sold it on ebay for 1,100.00 i still wish i kept it.lol

it has been al ong time since i bought the stuff, i do not remember what exactly it is. i think it is a horribly fine sand. lik a dust. a 25 lb bag cost me 50 bucks. i bought two bags, and still going. i am getting a little low, so i need to pick up at least one more

ok, cold here, and i do not feel like doing any welding today, so i have instead been blasting all the little pieces for the car. check them out. ill need to prime and paint them in a few days

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 473
  • 003.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 469
  • 002.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 472
  • 001.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 472
  • 005.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 477
Joe, does your mig use shielding gas? Next, what kind or brand is the chrome paint for the cluster? Lastly, where did you get the new wood decal?

-
Back