Hard Decision

-

chev1171

Reaction score
Well the time has come to make that dreaded choice.
The Factory Plum Crazy dart is for sale and to make room for the truck.
The wife planted the "seed" as to why 2 darts. I guess she has a point.
So it's time to move on to a new project.
Keeping the green one.

Attachments

• IMG_0535 (Small).JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0416 (Small).JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0659 (Medium).JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0658 (Medium) (2).JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 366
Hate that you have to sell the Dart but the 60-61 truck with the "torpedo hood" is a cool rig. I'm a member over on 67-72 chevy trucks, lots of great info and people there. Good luck!!

Sold a 66 couple years back that I put over a late Olds Cutlass frame, worked out real well and had all the goodies

Nice truck!! Dad has a 58 fleetside, I started a thread on here somewhere. I love old trucks!! Where you located and price on the dart??

New owner very happy to get car.
Been chasing this car for 15 years.
Sister had one same color years ago.
He has over 17 other Mopar cars in various conditions.
DIE HARD Mopar fan

Attachments

• IMG_0539 (Small).JPG
    90 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0536 (Small).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 256
So, who was the lucky guy? A purple 340/stick 70 has always been my dream combo. :(

A little criticism for the Chevy truck.
Always wanted an old pick-up but the Ford or Dodge body styling wasn't appealing.
Didn't want to pump a lot of money into the purple dart because my green one was a MONEY PIT !!!!!!!!!!.:stop::stop::stop:
As for selling the purple one , guys south of the Canadian border don't realize how hard these darts are to come by and certainly what they cost up "here".
AS for the identity of the buyer , he is from Manitoulin Island.
If JD340 is interested in the car PM me and I'll give you contact info.
This guy was quite interested in the car but who knows if things were right he may let the car go.
But let it be known that car sold for approx. $9K and it needed full restore.That included $3K of AMD panels.
When is enough , enough ( 2 cars and a truck????) Wife :angel7:has been pretty patient so I decided not to push the issue. I also have a Harley that I only rode 5 times this season because of work.
See what I mean. Oh well, life gones on.:sign7:

I was thinking of that exact idea BUT both cars are 4 speed cars and she wasn't interested.

But she likes the look of the truck so it was time to move on.

I felt that probably I would never get to the purple dart so I thought it would be best to have someone else enjoy it.

As for selling the green car, it's # matching North Caroline car .

In reviewing cars on E-Bay I would only get approx. 25 cents on the $ for the money that I spent in restoration. NOT A GREAT INVESTMENT !!!!!!!

It will be a great inheritance for my son.

We can only hope the new owner will join in here and let us follow his restore.

Always wanted an old pick-up but the Ford or Dodge body styling wasn't appealing.

What are you talking about Dodge body Styling not appealing

-
Back