Hard to have a nice yard, when neighbors have a Dandelion Nursery!

-
My saying to my neighbors is "pick your *****..." Many people ***** about my next door neighbor and his lawn especially my wife LOL the weeds the dandelions and the general lack of maintenance...
About 20 years ago I had a house where we had drug dealers across the street and that was a complete nightmare.. I would come home from work at 4:00 in the morning from the graveyard shift and there would be people outside like it was a 7-Eleven... I would call the police and say did they open a 7-Eleven across the street from my house?..
While My neighbor next door doesn't keep his yard very well that just reflects on him and he's embarrassed half the time to even talk about it but he's the one who brings it up... I like the fact that they're very nice good-natured people and their children are nice and good natured that it could be worse they could be drug addicts and selling drugs and attracting those kind of people...
I.e. pick your *****....

Goat rental...I'd buy a small goat in a heartbeat but my home is not zoned for livestock...plus my dog would not like it. Met some at a petting zoo event , they are darn cute!

I sure am glad we're at least 750 feet away from our nearest neighbor and 500 feet from the road in the woods. If I want to stack dead bodies in my yard I will.

Why judge your neighbor and complain about what they do on their property? Is he trying to compete with the next big thing or enjoying his own life.
Likely does not have a green thumb and can't frown on him for that. Possibly finances are weighing him down?

It's too bad the world has got too judgemental of others.

Go offer to help or go do it yourself stop pressuring others for their choices.

To lazy to mow. key ingredient to less mowing is weed control and zero water.
We have premium gold weed free lawns in my area during the summer.
A fall weed and feed application provides a weed free lawn in the spring.
After a few cuttings in the spring and lack of moisture in the summer, grass will go dormant.

Did you know that every part of the Dandelion is edible? Yep, the roots, the stalks, the leaves and the flowers. Some people even say they have medical uses. But yet, we have been conditioned to hate them and think of them as a nuisance.

Back when I was much younger, and still had cable, I went along with the programming (aka marketing) and dutifully dumped the recommended chemicals on my lawn thinking I was being a good homeowner, and that it was a worthwhile use of my time and money. I don’t begrudge anyone who goes along with this stuff, but I for one no longer do. I still mow my grass as needed, but do I care if there are dandelions or other weeds in my lawn? Hell no.

Why judge your neighbor and complain about what they do on their property? Is he trying to compete with the next big thing or enjoying his own life.
Likely does not have a green thumb and can't frown on him for that. Possibly finances are weighing him down?

It's too bad the world has got too judgemental of others.

Go offer to help or go do it yourself stop pressuring others for their choices.

why i will tell you why, ever try to sell your house when the house next door or across the street looks like the city dump, it's called respect for your neighbors, when you live in a community there's a level of decency that is expected and it is your right to disagree and live out away from others, it's a sad world that people have to be told this

why i will tell you why, ever try to sell your house when the house next door or across the street looks like the city dump, it's called respect for your neighbors, when you live in a community there's a level of decency that is expected and it is your right to disagree and live out away from others, it's a sad world that people have to be told this

It's sadder yet that the world has become conditioned to prefer to be so shallow.
Again if your worried about your financial value in life go back to helping your fellow community rather than being so shallow and judgemental of their life situation.

It's sadder yet that the world has become conditioned to prefer to be so shallow.
Again if your worried about your financial value in life go back to helping your fellow community rather than being so shallow and judgemental of their life situation.

from your comments i don't expect you to understand that self worth and how one shows there self have nothing to do with finances

Funny thing about my situation is the neighbors with the bad lawn has been there before anybody else... Now it's kind of people who move next door to a drag strip and want them to be quiet...
My *****.. people driving by too fast.. it's a quiet semi extremely low traffic part of the neighborhood where kids and adults alike are often in the road playing on their bikes and so forth. I don't like it when people drive by too fast!.. my block is only five houses long but turns at each end and if you need to be getting up to 40 mph to make it five houses you're going way too damn fast!... Bar none I have the fastest loudest car in the neighborhood but do I drive it fast in the neighborhood?...

from your comments i don't expect you to understand that self worth and how one shows there self have nothing to do with finances
I suspect my neighbor has a low self worth or self-esteem issue as they're overweight and not what you call the most energetic people in the world... I personally am not going to beat them up for that they're nice people... And their yard just reflects on them and makes them feel even worse...

Funny thing about my situation is the neighbors with the bad lawn has been there before anybody else... Now it's kind of people who move next door to a drag strip and want them to be quiet...
My *****.. people driving by too fast.. it's a quiet semi extremely low traffic part of the neighborhood where kids and adults alike are often in the road playing on their bikes and so forth. I don't like it when people drive by too fast!.. my block is only five houses long but turns at each end and if you need to be getting up to 40 mph to make it five houses you're going way too damn fast!... Bar none I have the fastest loudest car in the neighborhood but do I drive it fast in the neighborhood?...
We have some *** wipe from a rental house down the block blast up our alley doing 30+. He's going to kill somebody.

We have some *** wipe from a rental house down the block blast up our alley doing 30+. He's going to kill somebody.
We have a special needs House at the end of the block and three shifts of workers who work there and you can guarantee at 3:00 in the afternoon at 11:00 at night or 7:00 in the morning someone's going to come by here late for work at 90 miles an hour...

Then don't put yourself on that higher pedastal.

In reality how one shows themselves vs someone who does not care what others think are two different games.

We found where you stand

In reality how one shows themselves vs someone who does not care what others think are two different games.

We found where you stand

We found where you stand

i'm by no mean's on a pedestal but when you say WE found where you stand you made yourself spokesman for everybody let's talk about your importance going on in your head.

Sometimes people on their high horse don’t look at the whole picture, just what’s at the end of their long nose. Say you have a household with a younger energetic couple and both do their share of the work. Probably two incomes funding the house. Then you have a neighbor with bad knees, bad heart, a shoulder that hurts so bad he can’t sleep at night. Maybe he’s still paying 1000.00 a month alimony and child support or maybe a one income house getting by on a single salary.

A few bare spots
not sure it will pass inspection

0507221025c_HDR.jpg

Unfortunately I now have a renter beside me and they don't care. And they play boom-boom to a point where it rattles pictures in my house.... Nobody cares and they are able to do whatever they want and legally get away with it. So I said screw my house and I am letting it go to waste now. If you can't beat-em, join em. I am jealous of those who have great neighbors who take pride in their homes.....

JW

Goat rental...I'd buy a small goat in a heartbeat but my home is not zoned for livestock...plus my dog would not like it. Met some at a petting zoo event , they are darn cute!
Haha
Goats will eat ANYTHING !!

The whole country is becoming lazy and non-caring.
How you represent yourself and your property tells a lot about you.
Helping a neighbor in need is not out of the question.
Lend a brother a hand.

Unfortunately I now have a renter beside me and they don't care. And they play boom-boom to a point where it rattles pictures in my house.... Nobody cares and they are able to do whatever they want and legally get away with it. So I said screw my house and I am letting it go to waste now. If you can't beat-em, join em. I am jealous of those who have great neighbors who take pride in their homes.....

JW
Call the police if they're playing loud music at all hours.

-
Back