I love Street Outlaws, no mopars

-
They flock together in case one of them breaks down or starts something they can't finish. LOL :)
High School everyone had Camaro's and Mustang's just like today but I had a 383 71 Cuda I picked up off a used car lot for 1500 bucks. Beginning of my love affair with Mopars and never kicked one out of my driveway for dripping oil. I have kicked out a few ladies for dripping oil allthough

What a joke. Most of the SO cars could make a hit for 330, click off and beat most every car owned on this site in the 1/4!

The last half of the 1/4 just hurts parts and increases the disaster factor. Not so hard on parts when you only go 120mph in the 1/4. :)

I only watch the last 1/2 track so I can see the times and mph. The "fun parts" are the burnout and first 300'. I also agree - nothing I've heard of here (or on other mopar sites) has the steam to stay ahead of most of that list. Kevin and Asian are not on the list because 10s won't come close to making it.

Reminds me of all the arguments and complaining back in the 70's when bracket racing was born. If it wasn't for bracket racing, you would have a few with a lot of money winning every week and the interest in Drag racing would be long gone. Handicap racing makes up for the difference in net worth!

The stupid oversize gold chains, lack of proper English, white people acting black

Ah, I just love when a thread about cars reveals peoples racism. Gives that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Can we stick to the topic and let your bigotry rot on the inside? Nobody needs to smell that. K Thanks

Yes, Chevy and Ford guys are like lemmings. They flock together in case one of them breaks down or starts something they can't finish. (typical)

Mopar guys seem to be more like lone wolves. We don't usually run in large packs or any pack at all.

That's why you see so few of them at shows. It's hard to get everyone on the same page when were all doing our own thing.

I'm lucky to have one buddy who drives a Mopar, but even he doesn't go to every cruise with me. So I go alone, or with my wife.

Yes, I have been that lonely Mopar at the show many times.

Doesn't bother me a bit.

your from kcmo metro arent you(thought i got a pic of your cuda at liberty once?)? hit me up. my dart will be done in a few months. if im not going drag racing ill take it to a cruise in. as long as you dont kind 1500hp turbo stuff. lol

There is plenty of MOPARS in my area that are just as fast in the 1/4. Have them come to our local track. We have MOPAR BODIES MOPAR ENGINES

REALLY?? you know a bunch of mid to low 6 second 1/4 mile mopars in your area? why do you think i feel like your full of crap?
A. because i know the odds are unfathomable
B. cuz out of all the mopars across the racing world there is only 4 that are known to be close to it on a k own basis, A black dart, blue cuda, green cuda, black challenger......am i missing one..????

sorry to seem harsh but your reply seems a farce to me. as if you havent a clue what it actually takes to produce such a beast. ill give you an idea though since mine is coming to a close with 1500hp...its enough to buy a very nice home. 50k+ without the 30k in electronics to get one down the surface.

your from kcmo metro arent you(thought i got a pic of your cuda at liberty once?)? hit me up. my dart will be done in a few months. if im not going drag racing ill take it to a cruise in. as long as you dont kind 1500hp turbo stuff. lol

turbofreek is online now Report Post

1500 HP!! Are you running an Iron Block?

Ah, I just love when a thread about cars reveals peoples racism. Gives that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Can we stick to the topic and let your bigotry rot on the inside? Nobody needs to smell that. K Thanks
I had to think for a minute about the show to understood the racist comment. its 2016 man!!!
I agree with your comments and very well put!!

So glad you wrote this. Great response to all the "staged" comments. Sure everything is set up. It's a television show for god's sake. Unless you want to follow them around under darkness of night filming clandestine races by piecemeal, this is how it has to be done. Pay the police department to close off the road, setup lighting and get safety equipment ready. But what happens when they line up is 100%. What happens off camera, all the test hits and grudge races between these guys is 100% real. The show gives us a clean, well lit peek into what they do illegally. Just enjoy it. Stop nitpicking.

As much as I love the show, I didn't love Kye Kelly's dialogue. He sounds way too scripted awhereas Big Chief sounds very natural. But that's just one person having the personality for tv and the other not.

And I hate that Big Chief is racing a pro mod now....as a street car.... Come on man.... I still love that dude. But leave the pro mods on the track.

And, as much as I love the show, I do find a real conflict when the show starts off by repeating 'don't do this at home!!!' and then immediately proceeding to glorify it to the highest. 'Don't do this, but, oh man... look how cool and fun it is' lol. It's encouraging illegal street racing more than anything we've ever seen. And, because of it, illegal street racing over the past 3 or 4 years has exploded nationwide. I say this, not because I'm some old prude, because I'm neither of those 2 things, but just to say how funny it is that their disclaimer is contradicted the second the show actually begins. I've done more street racing than most. And I'm debating whether or not I'm gonna line my Barracuda up against someone once she's finished. But it's gonna likely be a high 10 second, low 11 second car. I've never raced anything that fast on the street. But will I be able to resist when some legit car pulls up beside me and wants to run on some lonely backroad? Dunno... Time will tell!

Just an FYI. If you google crow mod you can find a you tube video of Justin driving his car around the city like it's no problem. I'd post a link but not sure how to do it. They drive their stuff on the street.

Just an FYI. If you google crow mod you can find a you tube video of Justin driving his car around the city like it's no problem. I'd post a link but not sure how to do it. They drive their stuff on the street.
I've actually seen it, lol. But still, like they say on ESPN... "Come on mannnn!!" :) But seriously, and this is just my opinion obviously, to me a street car is a factory bodied car, like his Lemans, like the Nova, like so many other cars on the show, even if they have fiberglass panels. Again, just my opinion and preference. Even if the frame and chassis looks very similar to a pro mod, it still looks like a "street car". You know?

The show is entertaining. The talent it takes to build the cars they drive is real. Real expensive also. I would rather watch a bunch of guys running American muscle in an 1/8 mile than any "rice burners"! I'm old school so I prefer 1/4 mile drags as you see what someone has both out of the hole and on the top half. On this show you only see the out of the hole. Mind you most of these cars are exceptionally good at doing that but i have heard comets on the show of running out of room to chase them down. That's is what the second half of the race is for. The show has changed , not for the better, going from OKC to NO but that's entertainment. I'm just glad the Daddy Dave and Chief were not hurt worse in their crashes and have been able to move forward.

I love anything mechanical.....except same ol, same ol. (Insert your Chevy model name here)

Nah it's all fun and games to me.

Love to see a big HP dart or any car for that matter.

I'm sure well see each other sometime this summer. I have been itching to fire up fatty, and the weather is starting to cooperate.

Just a matter of time :burnout:

turbofreek is online now Report Post

1500 HP!! Are you running an Iron Block?

yes i am.

Not trying to hijack the thread (and will start at first comment to do so), but I talked to the local T&T track management about a local top 10 list? Kinda like on tv? I was a little surprised to hear him say he'd never heard or seen street outlaws ? Of course nothing to gain personally and surely wouldn't make "the list", but more of a attempt to get a buzz going to bring more people out to the track? And more fast cars - the real fun ones to watch. Maybe a few classes - 4 banggers, v 8's , turbo/nitrous, motorcycle ? That way more people are on "the list"? Our local track is virtually prep-free. The 503 list LOL !!:coffee2:

We can watch it in germany, too. But poorly this show is more and more scripted.
In the first episodes the tests at night and the illegal races were believable. But now
the races are a big highlight and show with lots of people and flood lights at the track!?
Common you can't remove all that stuff if the cops show up

REALLY?? you know a bunch of mid to low 6 second 1/4 mile mopars in your area? why do you think i feel like your full of crap?
A. because i know the odds are unfathomable
B. cuz out of all the mopars across the racing world there is only 4 that are known to be close to it on a k own basis, A black dart, blue cuda, green cuda, black challenger......am i missing one..????

sorry to seem harsh but your reply seems a farce to me. as if you havent a clue what it actually takes to produce such a beast. ill give you an idea though since mine is coming to a close with 1500hp...its enough to buy a very nice home. 50k+ without the 30k in electronics to get one down the surface.

Actually I do ! & they run 7s & 8s in the 1/4 will that do ?

Actually I do ! & they run 7s & 8s in the 1/4 will that do ?

nope. chiefs car would probably be in the 6.20s-50s as would shawns nova. my dart goal is 7s and i dont have anything to offer those monsters. daddy daves will be nearly as badass as will chris hamiltons new tubbed stang, and several others. put it this way that black vega at the bottom of the list is a high-mid 7 sec car. so you can get a grasp of what it takes to run with those guys.

there are a few badass mopars but only the ones i mentioned last time even stand a chance. those guys are the top of the game in heads up small tire world, jason digby, rob goss, the cuda guys i dont know their names but they are low 4s high 3s capable rides in the 1/8th and had been at lights out 7(green 1 im not certain on). that is a major major difference than bottom 5s like whoever your mentioning.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^ I agree...take that crap somewhere else.

Crow mod lays down a 4.18 @ 176 MPH at SGMP and was eliminated! He even put down a 4.101@ 182 MPH! In the world of 3 second passes, this isn't good enough! This should give you an Idea of what it takes to run with the 405.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJN9epBh0eI"]Big Chief in the CroMod runs 4.18@176 at Lights Out 7!! - YouTube[/ame]

nope. chiefs car would probably be in the 6.20s-50s as would shawns nova. my dart goal is 7s and i dont have anything to offer those monsters. daddy daves will be nearly as badass as will chris hamiltons new tubbed stang, and several others. put it this way that black vega at the bottom of the list is a high-mid 7 sec car. so you can get a grasp of what it takes to run with those guys.

there are a few badass mopars but only the ones i mentioned last time even stand a chance. those guys are the top of the game in heads up small tire world, jason digby, rob goss, the cuda guys i dont know their names but they are low 4s high 3s capable rides in the 1/8th and had been at lights out 7(green 1 im not certain on). that is a major major difference than bottom 5s like whoever your mentioning.

Are these cars all fiberglass ? Just wandering because a buddy of mine has a demon & its all steel ( fenders, doors, trunk lid, quarters, roof ) fiberglass hood. It has all the glass & window cranks. small block He only got to run a few times last year & it ran the best of 8.85 in the 1/4 In the next couple of years he wants to do all fiberglass & a twin turbo.

where were all the mopars in the Daytona 500??????

In the Daytona USA museum??? Evidently the boys in Auburn Hills weren't able to convince FIAT that driving around in circles on Sunday was going to sell more cars during the rest of the week. Too bad.

FWIW:
1. I miss Mopar in NASCAR, too.
2. Went through this in early 70s. Mopar pulled factory support & they disappeared until the truck series debuted. (Bob Keselowski had a factory supported team for a while.) I crewed on a Sportsman (now, Xfinity) Ford from 71-72. At the end of the 72 season, Ford pulled their privateer support program. We couldn't afford to run a Ford, so joined the herd, built a SB Chebby, and continued racing. We still had to pay our own way, but it cost so much less.

Oh, there's a couple Mopar car builders up here in Michigan who called them out, they came up, and had the race, but for some contractual reason, they are not allowed to show those segments! I've seen the Mopars in my friends stable and they are badass, as are all of his cars, probably didn't want to show them being handed their butts back!!

Saw Farmtruck today with the truck, it's a nice piece!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 195
-
Back