I love Street Outlaws, no mopars

-
The racing part of it seems real enough to me. They've gotten away from the street part of the show but it's still street racing although not as illegal as is portrayed. I enjoy it.

its staged, to have all the cameras there, and lights, and the police and no bodt checking safety gear, thats not racinging, thats a soap opera about cars

Racining?

If that's not racing.... Everything you just stated they do is what happens at every track lmao.

I live about 5 miles from midwest streetcars and soon to be moving about 3/4 of a mile away. They do all of the "list" races on a street. It's a highway out by el Reno, a small town outside of OKC. They do have permits to shut the street down and pull lights and such out there for filming. It's a STREET....

However, the test hits are 100% real and illegal. The "pimp juice" that they use for traction is made mostly by farm truck and leaves behind a nasty gooey mess. There are patches of that stuff with huge tire marks scattered all over town. I'm sure that they do more heads up racing on the street than what is seen on TV. Farm truck and dung beetle get spotted quite a bit out and about. Those are the closest to street legal cars out of everyone.

Reminds me of the 'old days" No money, just running hard and hanging on!

I live about 5 miles from midwest streetcars and soon to be moving about 3/4 of a mile away. They do all of the "list" races on a street. It's a highway out by el Reno, a small town outside of OKC. They do have permits to shut the street down and pull lights and such out there for filming. It's a STREET....

However, the test hits are 100% real and illegal. The "pimp juice" that they use for traction is made mostly by farm truck and leaves behind a nasty gooey mess. There are patches of that stuff with huge tire marks scattered all over town. I'm sure that they do more heads up racing on the street than what is seen on TV. Farm truck and dung beetle get spotted quite a bit out and about. Those are the closest to street legal cars out of everyone.

Yup... The list on tv isn't real from what I've heard. They have a different list from the one actually shown. They're all on yellow bullet fourm

I like street non-outlaws. Something to watch while getting ready for my own race season.

Was anyone else annoyed with white bayou boys trying to dress and talk like they were black? I couldn't take it and had to turn the channel.

Mopar offers little at the power levels these guys are at that street-minded guys can run successfully. You can build 2.5 638" full race Chevy big blocks that will last to one Mopar 2nd Gen Hemi - which is the only thing that has enough port to make the numbers and hold together under boost. The top 5 are real 1800+hp cars, not 900-1200hp dyno engines and the top 2 are over 2000. Hell Farmtruck makes over 1800 on both kits and he's 11.
I like the show more in terms of motivation and because it's unrestricted. But those of us that have street raced for money know there are some parts scripted. They all have a safety inspection equal to a drag strip one for the ET they are capable of running done prior to any racing on TV. That's why Kevin and Asian are suited and helmeted when "fishing". The lights are for filming - the shut down area is never lit.
The new cars may take it in a direction beyond where I like (aka pro mod of Chief's) but thus far I like it and it keeps me interested.

not racing.... Everything you just stated they do is what happens at every track lmao.
Except no one shows up at the Track anymore and Kids are not getting into racing except on their XBOX. I know I am not the only one that has noticed!? I live by and attend regularly RT 66 speedway, Byron, ect.. and I see all the empty seats!!!. This Show is good for drag racing.
I really enjoy the fact that its NOT bracket racing. A small tire car with much less HP will go heads up with Big tire car and often win. it comes down to knowing your car, set up , and driving skills. I do not think this part is staged
They made it safe, they are not racing down some back country road were innocent civilians are in harms way. They have a road marked off, generators, and an Ambulance too I am sure. So what! If they came clean with this the show would still get millions of viewers.
If you want to see police chases and old lady,s getting run over then rent Death Race 2000 and get a pizza!!!
The Club part and list is FRESH approach to a stale commodity. I live in Chicago and guys I know are getting off the couch and saying lets dust off our tools and get involved

NOSO is a NO NO.

ZZZZZZZ worst writing, for a show about drama.......ever. :D

I watched Grand Prix last night. The one made in 1966. That's a show about racing, and the filming is epic for 1966. I can only wonder how they got so many killer shots of the cars in action, with the antiquated, monster sized cameras of the day.

You wanna watch something real? Try that movie. The entire movie has less scripted lines, than a half our of S.O.

SO was OK when it was first out but as with most of these so called reality shows, there is to much phoney BS to make it bearable. The actual racing is cool, but that's about it.

MO.

Attachments

• GP.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 353
There is plenty of MOPARS in my area that are just as fast in the 1/4. Have them come to our local track. We have MOPAR BODIES MOPAR ENGINES

There is plenty of MOPARS in my area that are just as fast in the 1/4. Have them come to our local track. We have MOPAR BODIES MOPAR ENGINES

Problem is they only run 1/8th mile. So it's entertainment but not drag racing.

So glad you wrote this. Great response to all the "staged" comments. Sure everything is set up. It's a television show for god's sake. Unless you want to follow them around under darkness of night filming clandestine races by piecemeal, this is how it has to be done. Pay the police department to close off the road, setup lighting and get safety equipment ready. But what happens when they line up is 100%. What happens off camera, all the test hits and grudge races between these guys is 100% real. The show gives us a clean, well lit peek into what they do illegally. Just enjoy it. Stop nitpicking.

As much as I love the show, I didn't love Kye Kelly's dialogue. He sounds way too scripted whereas Big Chief sounds very natural. But that's just one person having the personality for tv and the other not.

And I hate that Big Chief is racing a pro mod now....as a street car.... Come on man.... I still love that dude. But leave the pro mods on the track.

And, as much as I love the show, I do find a real conflict when the show starts off by repeating 'don't do this at home!!!' and then immediately proceeding to glorify it to the highest. 'Don't do this, but, oh man... look how cool and fun it is' lol. It's encouraging illegal street racing more than anything we've ever seen. And, because of it, illegal street racing over the past 3 or 4 years has exploded nationwide. I say this, not because I'm some old prude, because I'm neither of those 2 things, but just to say how funny it is that their disclaimer is contradicted the second the show actually begins. I've done more street racing than most. And I'm debating whether or not I'm gonna line my Barracuda up against someone once she's finished. But it's gonna likely be a high 10 second, low 11 second car. I've never raced anything that fast on the street. But will I be able to resist when some legit car pulls up beside me and wants to run on some lonely backroad? Dunno... Time will tell!

The disclaimer is something the network has to show for liability protection.
These cars are not cruising the burger joint revving the engine (except for Farmtruck & Asian who frankly have that role on the show and are slower than the field). You won't happen across one driving around. These types of races are set up usually privately, the cars trailered, and the race done with minimum fanfare. I think the biggest crowd I ever had was 3 cars at the line, and another 4 at the finish and we were in and out in under a minute after the starter jumped out of the car he was in.

Open more race tracks, be open more than 3-4 months out of the year. Make more classes, like grudge racing. Don't want to offer more opportunities for people to race at the track? Well hello street racing. More open streets than open tracks.

Street racing has been around forever, just cars a lot faster now.

Problem is they only run 1/8th mile. So it's entertainment but not drag racing.
Ya let them run a 1/4 they only run 160mph in the 1/8 mile.. dumb..

Let us not forget these are race car's not street car's, Justin is adamant about this in the pod cast.. they are the fastest street raced car's

Farm Truck, and Asian are the only true street car's both are in the 10's in the 1/4..

What a joke. Most of the SO cars could make a hit for 330, click off and beat most every car owned on this site in the 1/4!

The last half of the 1/4 just hurts parts and increases the disaster factor. Not so hard on parts when you only go 120mph in the 1/4. :)

most cars here would give up a second in first 60', wouldn't take 330'. lmao

They only run 1/4 mile ? WTF, That is a deal breaker for me . I wont pay $5.00 to watch 1/8 mile at the Drag strip.
As for the quote "there are plenty off fast 1/4 Mopars at the Dragstrip" I missed them last year and maybe I will see more this year. As for Mopars at car shows, same thing , its always a Chevy and Ford fest , Few and sometimes only one Mopar. I am always disappointed by the lack of Mopar turnout. I should probally join the club 'The Chicago Connection' something like that?

Yes, Chevy and Ford guys are like lemmings. They flock together in case one of them breaks down or starts something they can't finish. (typical)

Mopar guys seem to be more like lone wolves. We don't usually run in large packs or any pack at all.

That's why you see so few of them at shows. It's hard to get everyone on the same page when were all doing our own thing.

I'm lucky to have one buddy who drives a Mopar, but even he doesn't go to every cruise with me. So I go alone, or with my wife.

Yes, I have been that lonely Mopar at the show many times.

Doesn't bother me a bit.

-
Back