Large Port Commando on a 340

-
I had to re-read that old thread.

My recollection was that Johnny Mac wasn’t really in love with his SC heads....... and it seems my memory was correct.

NO he wasn’t at all. Rockers were a big issue for him then.

Going to throw this out there.....Speedmaster usually has a Black Friday sale where as the everything is somewhere 30-40 per cent off....can save a good deal of cash if you wait two months..
Is it the speedmaster website that usually offers this sale or jegs/summit?

I have just recently changed from home ported edelbrock heads to Trick Flow heads and from a hughes 234/238 roller cam to a custom 237/243 cam on my 410 stroker. Horsepower went from 392rwhp to 425rwhp and the revs were all done before at about 5800, now it makes good power all the way to 6400. The torque is slightly down on maximum but the torque curve is very flat and holds on for at least another thousand revs.

I have just recently changed from home ported edelbrock heads to Trick Flow heads and from a hughes 234/238 roller cam to a custom 237/243 cam on my 410 stroker. Horsepower went from 392rwhp to 425rwhp and the revs were all done before at about 5800, now it makes good power all the way to 6400. The torque is slightly down on maximum but the torque curve is very flat and holds on for at least another thousand revs.

I would say thats a win. J.Rob

probably would go any other way than what you seem to want to do. I would likely go( with your budget in mind)
1. Trickflows with the Mancini rockers
2. The CNC chinese eddie knockoffs
[

[2 things you don't buy from China ]
Cyl heads & Condoms !!!!

-
Back