Looks like MoparMuscleMag is not interested on my '66 Dart Vert :(

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Well...

I sent an email to mopar.muscle@sorc.com a week ago telling a little about the history of this RHD '66 Dart Convertible and of course attached a lot of nice pictures.

Apparently they are not interested (I guess) as I have not received any reply from them since. Maybe because of the Leaning Tower of Power under the hood...

:(

Syed
Malaysia

Sometimes it takes several months before you hear anything from magizine editors. I had my superbird in "mopar action" back in 1988 and it took a few months for it to get in their magazine, so don't give up hope just yet, and good luck!

That sucks, just like that magazine. I would rather read about your Dart than another Hemicuda......

I used to get that magazine but cancelled my subscription, got sick of all the engine build-offs and e-body stuff. It just got so lame, never anything cool or different.... the only one I get now is Mopar Collectors Guide. I used to get Mopar Action, that one was awesome too! I would try sending your info to those 2.

This year at the big "Mopars in the Park" show here in MN, Mopar Collectors Guide was there with 2 big stands, one at each end of the swap area, both booths had hot Mopar babes, editors from the mag, shirts, Mopar tin signs that you can buy, they have been at that show for the last 6-7 years, maybe more. Mopar Muscle was there this year with a single folding table and one guy trying to sell subscriptions, (right across from the MCG booth LOL) I didn't even see anyone by them.

I like all Mopars but you need variety in a Mopar mag, go with MCG, you even get a free rad Mopar t-shirt just for subscribing!

Lead time is HUGE. Back logs are long. I haven't seen one of their mags in a long time, but if it's for a "reader's ride" section you may never hear anything until you see your car in the mag.

Nine months from the submission deadline date to publication here ... and not the results I expected by a long shot. Good luck!

And here I was waiting for a mag to approach me. I din't know one had to submit to them.
My begging for attention like moms poodle aint gonna happen.
Good luck to you though.

Mopar Mushel sucks sweaty spheres.

MCG is worth it just for the shirt, and the rest of the magazine is pretty darn good but...

I prefer technical articles and Mopar Action has the best I've ever read. They've showed no shame in the Slant 6 historically, and really enjoy showing the oddballs of Mother Mopar. The April 2000 issue sitting on my desk has a slant 6 dragster in it!

Go for MA, they've responded to my letters and emails more than once.

Mopar Action is the best magazine by far in my opinion.
I buy them all anyway.......

That sucks, just like that magazine. I would rather read about your Dart than another Hemicuda......

I used to get that magazine but cancelled my subscription, got sick of all the engine build-offs and e-body stuff. It just got so lame, never anything cool or different.... the only one I get now is Mopar Collectors Guide. I used to get Mopar Action, that one was awesome too! I would try sending your info to those 2.

This year at the big "Mopars in the Park" show here in MN, Mopar Collectors Guide was there with 2 big stands, one at each end of the swap area, both booths had hot Mopar babes, editors from the mag, shirts, Mopar tin signs that you can buy, they have been at that show for the last 6-7 years, maybe more. Mopar Muscle was there this year with a single folding table and one guy trying to sell subscriptions, (right across from the MCG booth LOL) I didn't even see anyone by them.

I like all Mopars but you need variety in a Mopar mag, go with MCG, you even get a free rad Mopar t-shirt just for subscribing!

Agreed. After a ten + year subscription I called it qiuts with them. The hidden treasure boat motor was the final straw.
Good luck with your car 1966DartConvertable.

x3 to both of you! I was only in it because they approached me (and it took them 20 years to ask LOL). Apparently ladies with Mopars are a fairly rare thing. :-D

It's only a week and you complaining? Seriously?

It could take months even a couple years. You think your the only one to send pictures in to them? Hell they might not get back to you at all and your pics will show up in an issue

they get pages and pages of Emails and pics every week to wade through. then they have to decide which E bodies will make the pages. i wouldnt expect to hear anything back from them for at least 2-3 months. and yes i know you have an A lol

It's only a week and you complaining? Seriously?

It could take months even a couple years. You think your the only one to send pictures in to them? Hell they might not get back to you at all and your pics will show up in an issue

Well, just by the title of my email to them "RARE! Factory RHD 1966 Dodge Dart 270 Convertible" should at generate some interest to tehm I think hehe...

Oh well, the Dart is goin no where, so I can wait...

Syed

I was approached at a major mopar meet in 1988 by Mopar action, to have the superbird photographed, and a story written, I did'nt send anything to them, but like I said. it took a few months for the car to be in their publication.

Well, just by the title of my email to them "RARE! Factory RHD 1966 Dodge Dart 270 Convertible" should at generate some interest to tehm I think hehe...

Oh well, the Dart is goin no where, so I can wait...

Syed

It has been 1 week, dont think you are being resonable on time frame.

How many emails do you get a week and then think how many a magazine editor gets, give it time.

Is this the Dart that almost everything is painted white we are talking about ?

Agree with Mopar Action,and M.C.G.,best magazines going.J.M.O., MCG loves odd cool cars. They have the true enthusiasts of Mopar at heart

OK

Email sent to Mopar Collectors Guide and Mopar Action, on top of the earlier mentioned email sent to Mopar Muscle.

Lets see which one reply first ;)

Syed

Just a week.....but they're a bunch of **** over there anyway.

-
Back