***MADDART's 70 Dart Video***

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
Video #1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-NKJHTTaM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-NKJHTTaM[/ame]

Video #2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAglO79ZTl4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAglO79ZTl4[/ame]

Video #3

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3A95Rtr6Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3A95Rtr6Y[/ame]

SWEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What color is that ? Thought your scoops were black but they aren,t. SOUNDS Gooooood .

SWEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What color is that ? Thought your scoops were black but they aren,t. SOUNDS Gooooood .

I think it is Dark Burnt Orange Poly............ I bought the car the way you see it. Accept for the Drive train and suspension upgrades, tires, rear wheels, gas tank, fuel lines, ingnition, exhaust and I did a full brake job with new rotors in the front, new calipers, rear wheel cylinders, brake lines, Line Loc etc...........probably more not listed..... 4 core radiator I had done at a shop in town.

Great vids and sweet car.I enjoyed the little cruise as mine is kind of out of commission right now.It's got the sound I'm looking for,they tell me not to stroke my 340,why is that? Well we'll see.I like the fact that you drive it hard,why baby it,I can't stand that.8) What the hell kinda fun is it if ya drive around in 4th gear at 40 mph,it isn't and it ain't good for the motor either.Thx Mad Dart,i like the feeling of being there and listening to you.8)

Great vids and sweet car.I enjoyed the little cruise as mine is kind of out of commission right now.It's got the sound I'm looking for,they tell me not to stroke my 340,why is that? Well we'll see.I like the fact that you drive it hard,why baby it,I can't stand that.8) What the hell kinda fun is it if ya drive around in 4th gear at 40 mph,it isn't and it ain't good for the motor either.Thx Mad Dart,i like the feeling of being there and listening to you.8)

Stroke that thing! 340-360? Shove a 4" crank in it!

About freakin' time! :-D Louis that dart is sweet, love the color and the fact that you drive the thing hard. It makes me want a 4 speed. Thanks for taking the time to make a video.

You need to someone hold a camera for ya. :) I tried that even in my truck and it was too damn dangerous.

BTW, nice sliding gate. If I buy the house I'm living in I'll need the same but wrought iron topped with concertina wire to keep the riff raff out.

Whats the duration on that hughes cam at .050"? Solid or roller lifter?

You need to someone hold a camera for ya. :) I tried that even in my truck and it was too damn dangerous.

BTW, nice sliding gate. If I buy the house I'm living in I'll need the same but wrought iron topped with concertina wire to keep the riff raff out.

Whats the duration on that hughes cam at .050"? Solid or roller lifter?

Yeah kinda dangerous for sure but where I live cars and people are not around much. I need to tape that area off I am pretty sure it is about a 1/4 mile or so.

Cam Card, I used Hughes 1.6 Roller Rockers, banana shafts and hold down kit. I also used Hardened Manton 3/8's Push Rods with 5/16 Ball/Cup oil thru tips to keep Pressurized oil on the ball and cup area. That was recommended by Brian at IMM Engines. I do believe that is why it HOLDS the valve adjustment so well. JMO

I also used the COOL FACE lifters that have the EMD hole on the bottom so Pressurized oil is always on the cam/lifter contact area.

Solid Flat Tappet Camshaft Hughes HTL5660AS

IMG_1310[1].jpg

Push Rods

IMG_0602[1].jpg

IMG_0603[1].jpg

Assembled

IMG_0605[1].jpg

IMG_1310[1].jpg

IMG_0602[1].jpg

IMG_0603[1].jpg

IMG_0605[1].jpg

Sounds great. Can't wait to hear it in person at Cruisin' Grand. I talked with Chris (Rocker's Duster) there tonight.

I would think that with that combo you'd shift in the 6k range maybe 6200? Let us know... Did Brian at Imm say that these heads were ported to take advantage of the lift?

With that LSA it should have massive mid range torque (3-4.8K) but drop off hard in hp beyond 6k.

I love the color of the car,looks great!The 410 sounds great also(Dreno needs a stroker for sure)Louis you have a very nice layout there(seeing your shop from the outside)Glad to finally see some vid of the MADDART!What,s the 67,s name?Waiting to see results of the 402.I still have a 73 318 resting.LOL:cheers:We need some RPM vids!:-D

I would think that with that combo you'd shift in the 6k range maybe 6200? Let us know... Did Brian at Imm say that these heads were ported to take advantage of the lift?

With that LSA it should have massive mid range torque (3-4.8K) but drop off hard in hp beyond 6k.

Well when driving the car on the street I cant tell that it drops off above 6200 Rpm at all. It actually pulls hard all the way into the 7k range. I shift it between 6500-6800rpm most of the time, but like stated in the Video I have not ran it at the track as of yet. In the Video I was shifting it at around 5800-6000rpm, there is a lot more in it. I used all forged internals 4340 Crank, SRP Forged Pistons,H Beam Rods, Girdle with studs on the bottom end, head studs etc. My original plan was to SMACK it with a 200 Shot and I still might I would probably up the shift point by 500-800rpm and see if it will live with the JUICE!!!!

As far as the port job goes, these were probably one of the first set of RHS/INDY heads that were ported. Well with BJR's screw up on my first set, probably the 2nd set.

I have another set of the same heads done by Brian at IMM, same springs etc on a 318/402 Stroker that are not ported assembled on my engine stand right now. It will be installed in my 67 Dart GT hopefully in a few months.

Ahhhhhhh, the long awaited sweeeeeeeeeeeet sounds.

Look like ya got going preety good there for a bit on that clip. Lookin good there brother, lookin good.

Ahhhhhhh, the long awaited sweeeeeeeeeeeet sounds.

Look like ya got going preety good there for a bit on that clip. Lookin good there brother, lookin good.

Thanks!

It has been running for a while now. Probably 4-5 months or so. Sure is fun to drive on the street more than enough get up and go for sure.

Hey Louis, yeah Dave brought the Duster! It was rad to see another Duster, and his engine sounds SWEET! It definately helped to encourage my wife that we need a bigger motor! Looking forward to seeing you out there again soon man!

Dave; It was nice to finally meet you in person! Glad there is another local A body man, and I also look forward to catching you out at Grand again soon!

-
Back