Might go buy a new Challenger tomorrow

-
I bet they'd ship one for an extra grand to a Dodge dealer close to me
When I was looking at trucks back in February and March I found a few places that would ship them too you for about 300 bucks. The only bad part was you had to pay the fee rather you bought it or not. Not a big deal on a new car but on a used car there might be something wrong with it that's a dealbreaker then your stuck paying 3-5 hundred to test drive a car.

Reread this post. I'll say it again best road trip of my life:

Funny thing is when I wanted to buy a new Challenger this great state we live in was putting anywhere from $5000.00 to $10,000 mark up on them (back in 2009). So since I'm originally from Michigan I bought the car back there, pretty much all through FEDEX for documentation and e-mail. Flew back to Michigan when the car was delivered to the dealer (made a mini vacation out of it as my mom and a couple of brothers still live there) was at the dealership less than an hour and they filled it up with gas for me. Drove the car back to CA., best damn road trip of my life. Just me and the car, no wife or kids went with me. It was great stopped when I wanted to and sang as loud as I wanted as it was just me.lol

Dammit Jeff! You made me go and look at some used 392 Chargers today! I can afford one, but if I do, I won't have the money to spend on my Barracuda.

:mad::BangHead:

I have a hellcat and love it..........was actually thinking about buying a AWD challenger as a winter car

Dammit Jeff! You made me go and look at some used 392 Chargers today! I can afford one, but if I do, I won't have the money to spend on my Barracuda.

:mad::BangHead:
I'm loving my new Challenger!
As long as you keep the Cuda...... I spent money on it it that could have gone to my Cuda....but now I have both!
You only live once.....live as much as you can.

Jeff

Just got back from doing some comparison driving tests between the challengers and the chargers. I do NOT want a challenger.

• challenger steering is too easy
  • challenger feels too squirrely
  • challenger visibility/blind spots make me very uncomfortable
  • charger feels more stable on the road
  • charger is quieter inside
  • charger visibility seems a bit better, still not as good as in my Barracuda though.
  • both of them have too much electronic ****
Looks like I'm going to get the charger some time in the near future.

Getting ready to take a 2500 road trip in my 2010 Challenger RT, I love driving that car and have had it over 145. It handles well, good power and exceptionally comfortable. I've driven a lot of Chargers and the are basically the same car with 2 extra doors, that said the SRT 300 is a beast.

At the credit union right now doing the paperwork for a 2016 392 Scat Pack Charger. Pics coming soon.

Awesome Jeff, for getting me off my butt and in a modern Mopar

This thing is a hoot! My son loves it, as do I. Off to the wallyworld or O'Reilkley's to get a for sale sign for the Jeep.

I am going to re-paint the hood a Satin Black, and put some (probably) Tomato Red stripes on it. I'm going to have to double check the reds in the sunlight against the white, and a satin black. I may need to get different reds since the background may make the stripes appear different.
N-CHARGE RALLY SCAT PACK : Dodge Charger Racing Stripes R/T Scat Pack SRT 392 Hellcat Rally Vinyl Graphics Decals Kit 2015-2019
:usflag:

IMG_20190817_1812532[1].jpg

IMG_20190817_1812431[1].jpg

IMG_20190817_1716262[1].jpg

IMG_20190817_1716221[1].jpg

IMG_20190817_1716155[1].jpg

Modern Mopars are addicting. I bought my Charger SRT new in 2006 and still have it. 425 hp, 420 lb-ft of torque, 4 pistons brembo brakes...hard not to love it!

Last year I swapped out the original 3.06 brake lock differential for a 3.92 Getrag limited slip differential. It’s a seriously different beast now...and I love it even more!

It’s impossible to drive it without a big grin on my face. :D

EB644CAF-1E49-4503-A82A-70F80BC60A07.jpeg

Modern Mopars are addicting. I bought my Charger SRT new in 2006 and still have it. 425 hp, 420 lb-ft of torque, 4 pistons brembo brakes...hard not to love it!

Last year I swapped out the original 3.06 brake lock differential for a 3.92 Getrag limited slip differential. It’s a seriously different beast now...and I love it even more!

It’s impossible to drive it without a big grin on my face. :D

View attachment 1715380605
Nice, is that original paint and wheels? If it is I'm gonna start looking for one right now. Beautiful!

I know mine also got mileage in the low 20’s around town.

I HATE U GUYS !

Yeah, I hate me too. And, I'm going to hate me even more when my son and I get dressed and go out for a drive in a few minutes.

You can see a tiny bit of orange there on the engine in the last picture...

IMG_20190818_1119275.jpg
IMG_20190818_1119331.jpg
IMG_20190818_1126169.jpg

When I drove my Hellcat home from Ohio to PA....I got 21 mpg on the interstate and that wasn't even in ECO mode....just regular mode.....not bad for a 707 HP car

When I drove my Hellcat home from Ohio to PA....I got 21 mpg on the interstate and that wasn't even in ECO mode....just regular mode.....not bad for a 707 HP car

This one's for @splitty
FTNWecomodeO!

As an aside, I'd love a Sassy Grass green Hellcat Charger, then I'd park in the Green car spaces. Maybe I'll be able to get one in a few years.

-
Back