My 1974 Plymouth Duster 360

-
Thanks. Its a labor of love but.....with alot more labor to go.....and I enjoy it.

74 Duster was my first car and I sold it....Now I have another and this is MY keeper.

Prine check with Steele Rubber for the window gaskets. I know theres been issues located them lately. The company that was making them went under.

It's Black!

Attachments

• image-1272424515.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,892
  • image-2509010188.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,901
  • image-2036717200.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,838
  • image-1496829175.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,846
Thanks for posting those cuz, I was having issues loading them from my phone.

It looks pretty good.....Black is the hardest color to lay because it shows every flaw.

I NOW Need:

Headliner
Windshield
Rear Window Gasket
Drip Rail Weatherstripping
Trunk Seal
Side Marker Lenses
73/74 Antenna Mast and Bezel/Cable

AND A TiG welder !!!!!!

BlackDuster-1-1.jpg

BlackDuster002-1.jpg

I can just see it now!,

These wheels like GDemon's, but with the Acorn Caps

Gdemon71b-1.jpg

The interior Redone (like I recently did to my Dart Sport...like this...but this is NOT my Dart Sport)

Brown73DartSport07.jpg

and MY OWN design, self fabbed Single Turbo System....Very Similar to this setup, but Different.

turboSBM.jpg

Then the 71'/72' Duster 340 Side Stripe with the word Duster in the stripe,....and a 360 Call Out, but I am going to have the 360 custom made with a turbo in the "6" on both sides and a * after the 360, like my Duster is 360* of badness.

And still Considering Go-Wing/No-wing

Black1971-Plymouth-Duster-340-Picture.jpg

Some might think its just a dream....but to me, its Me Crafting my own Reality of a car that makes me all giddy inside....or My Dream Car.

:cheers:

it was tough getting everything tucked away.

Safe to say I need more space.
dusterhome02.jpg

Huh funny... Small world I just recently commented on that Youtube video!

Thanks!
whats even funnier....my younger brother just pulled in last night from Ogden,UT....14 hours straight through....towing a VW Sand Rail/4x4 atv.

Going Riding tomorrow!!!
Stay tuned...and I'll check your Duster out.

Need any 74 parts? He is returning 1/2/13. PM me.

prine,man your cars coming out great!always love a nicely done black car.just read your whole thread again,keep up the good work ....mike:glasses7:

Looking great Prine, so this is not the car you have know, or did you find another to do ? Good luck on the carb and hat in the for sale thread.
The Black paint is a bit** to lay down and looks like it has a good/great skin on it :cheers: Congratulations on getting it home and ready for your touch :happy2: Subscribed to this thread

Attachments

• 74DusteratHomepics3-1-10001.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,728
read the entire 6 pages...should be pretty obvious.....car went from Basketcase.....to running.....to Sheetmetal Repaired....to Primed and Blocked....... to Painted., and back home in 2 years.
Thanks Mike.
Much more work to do.

It's been said before but i'll say it again......Theres nothing like a Black on Black paint scheme.....and your looks very nice. Good job.

Lookin good Kelly. Are you gonna put 73 duster bumpers on? to tuck the bumpers in more so you dont have to have the strips in between the bumper and body

Thanks for all the compliments.

I am installing a 1972 Duster rear bumper...and modifying the front bumper for a more "tucked" in look.

The rims are currently 17x7 with 4.25"BS.....but hopefully sometime in 2013 I will be sending (2) rims off to have them Re-Hooped into 17x9 or 17x10 with a 3"BS to fill out the factory wheel tub.....and maybe fit some 275mm tires inside the wells. I intend to use as many Stock Components as possible, (transmission 904, and 8.25" 3.21 geared differential)......dont know what kinda weak links will come up, but will sure find out.

I know...I know....many of you are thinking Parts are going to be breaking left and right, but I assure you...the car doesnt have a specified goal HP, ET, or Top Speed.

I want it to drive everyday, Sunny, Wet, or Snowing. (not that it will see rain or snow, but that it Could.)

I WILL take it to the track....just to get an idea of what its capable of....not to Campaign it....or chase a Magic Number.

I believe in leaving some "slip" in the package....such as "STREET tires"......I dont plan on putting SLICKS on it. :burnout:

thanks again for all the comments.

So have you got the Grill and bumper on it yet.
Can't wait for the turbo version!!!!!

Scribed!!!!!

BlackDuster-1-1.jpg

BlackDuster002-1.jpg

I can just see it now!,

These wheels like GDemon's, but with the Acorn Caps

Gdemon71b-1.jpg

The interior Redone (like I recently did to my Dart Sport...like this...but this is NOT my Dart Sport)

Brown73DartSport07.jpg

and MY OWN design, self fabbed Single Turbo System....Very Similar to this setup, but Different.

turboSBM.jpg

Then the 71'/72' Duster 340 Side Stripe with the word Duster in the stripe,....and a 360 Call Out, but I am going to have the 360 custom made with a turbo in the "6" on both sides and a * after the 360, like my Duster is 360* of badness.

And still Considering Go-Wing/No-wing

Black1971-Plymouth-Duster-340-Picture.jpg

Some might think its just a dream....but to me, its Me Crafting my own Reality of a car that makes me all giddy inside....or My Dream Car.

:cheers:

I can't wait to see this. I hope you do some detailed pics of the turbo setup. I want to "attempt" the same at some point in the future.

-
Back