My $300 Project Car

-

7T Swinger

Reaction score
Found this on Craigslist last November. Previous owner had it for 25 years. Was parked for 2 years because tranny was blown. Had the 904 completely rebuilt with shift kit and now drive the car daily while fixing up. Has its original 318 2bbl with 152K miles that has never been apart. Can't wait for winter so I can strip it down to bare metal, replace all rusty areas, and paint Hemi Orange with rear stripe. I spray-bombed the rear stripe and blacked out the hood (hood scoops are next) because my boys think it's cool. I'll add new fotos as I progress. For now, just having a blast having it on the road. Even with it being a rust bucket, I have people staring or waving at us almost every time I take it out.

Optimized.009.JPG

Optimized.010.JPG

Optimized.011.JPG

Optimized.012.JPG

Looks like an awesome price for the car I have bought 2 74's for 300$ and only my sedan was in that sort of shape

Looks pretty good for $300! Good luck with the build!:-D

Its got a 72 grill on it. Every thing else says 70 though. Grill may have been dameged and replaced with a 72 modle. It happens some times. Should have an "O" as the 6th diget in the vin if it is a 70.

Nice car and a good score! Good luck on the build.

That looks just like mine when I bought it. My grille was replaced with a 72 grille before I bought it. Great score for $300 bucks.

300? thats how much those rims are worth alone. Good find. sure wish i had the space to do what you're about to do.. i'd get another project! :)

Good score! there's still deals out there! This proves it.
Glad to see you are enjoying it not parting it out like a lot of people would do at that price.
Keep us posted on the progress.....
Where in B.C. are you from?

ONLY 300!!!! i got mine for 2500!! you got one hell of a deal

Look close guys. Front bumper is from a 72 Dart (jack notches), rear bumper is from a 73 Scamp, (jack notches and the upper bolt hole is a slot for them ugly 73 bumper guards), grille is a 72 Dart. Most likely there will be some odds and ends from different years but its still a decent car overall. You and the kids are gonna have alot of fun with this car, congrats!!
Chas.

Look close guys. Front bumper is from a 72 Dart (jack notches), rear bumper is from a 73 Scamp, (jack notches and the upper bolt hole is a slot for them ugly 73 bumper guards), grille is a 72 Dart. Most likely there will be some odds and ends from different years but its still a decent car overall. You and the kids are gonna have alot of fun with this car, congrats!!
Chas.

I kinda like that. Get seats out of a 66 cuda, dash out of a 69 charger... so on. Keep up the theme :thumblef:

300 dolors :cheers: Outstanding deal=P~ and it's all ready paid for it's self with all the fun you have had already :-D

-
Back