Need a fix for this:

-
because the right 2 bolt master cyl isn't drilled as deep. its drilled shallow enough to make up for the adapter plate perfectly. have one on our dart.

if you had to lengthen the rod then it didn't fit perfectly.
The new master cyl. for 4 wheel disc brakes is exactly the same thickness as the old one, THE ADAPTER DID MOVE IT OUT 1/2'', SO IT MADE MY ORIGINAL ROD A 1/2' SHORT, iT`S BEEN ON THE CAR FOR 8 SOME ODD YRS, I WOULDN`T CALL IT NOT THE RIGHT ONE -----Dam caps button is always in the way !! OR ,
I HAVE FAT FINGURS , or ,
I can`t type worth a ---- !! Pick the later ------

This 'offset' adapter would do the job if it allowed me to still use the 4 stud master cylinder,, but it is only for using that newer 2 stud master cylinder. I would love to use that newer master cylinder but i have manual brakes and i know those newer master cylinders were for power brakes.
Mancini Racing Offset Adapter

i used the 2 stud master cyl on manual disc brakes. its all about the piston size..

Really? I have the old 4 piston kelsey hayes setup, would it work with them do you think? I like this idea!

are they touching? dang thats close. id be worried about motor mount flex evetually wearing out the MC mount studs or similar.

Nope, not touching. Maybe 1/4" clearance. No chance of that much movement in the mounts. They're spool mounts and the manifold would touch the steering column first.

Mancini sells the adaptor for use with the older 4-bolt masters. Not really cheap, but you can get them. I'd do that, plus a stainless steel shield given the headers.

i used the 2 stud master cyl on manual disc brakes. its all about the piston size..

Same here, 4 wheel manual discs. Pedal feel is about 2-3 clicks harder than power brakes , but softer than old manual brakes.

Looks that way. I'm sure you will have issues to overcome like push rod length but in the end I think this will work. Perhaps someone on here has a stock 65 or 66 A body power brake bracket you can look at pictures of and get measurements from . Basically it is just moving the push lever up on a higher plane and the master should bolt to the bracket just like the booster does

Looks that way. I'm sure you will have issues to overcome like push rod length but in the end I think this will work. Perhaps someone on here has a stock 65 or 66 A body power brake bracket you can look at pictures of and get measurements from . Basically it is just moving the push lever up on a higher plane and the master should bolt to the bracket just like the booster does

oh, was that only used on 1965-66 cars? i thought it was on all the power brake cars..that would have made it easy to find if it was on all of them..

oh, was that only used on 1965-66 cars? i thought it was on all the power brake cars..that would have made it easy to find if it was on all of them..
It was used on all sorts of cars not just A bodies. You need to really look into it before you spend any money though. I have no real knowledge as to weather this will actually work for you. It seems like it will but you need to look into it deeper .

I had a really easy fix that I did on my 440 72 Swinger years ago. I dont have pics anymore. But, I had factory disc brakes, I pulled the master cylinder off, ditched the power brake booster and bolted the master cylinder back on. Worked great! I could even pull the drivers valve cover off without taking off the master.

I had a really easy fix that I did on my 440 72 Swinger years ago. I dont have pics anymore. But, I had factory disc brakes, I pulled the master cylinder off, ditched the power brake booster and bolted the master cylinder back on. Worked great! I could even pull the drivers valve cover off without taking off the master.
are you saying you bolted the MC straight to the firewall like mine is in the first post?

No, my car originally had power brakes. I removed the booster and bolted the master cylinder right where the booster was. Utilized all the original brackets and lever.

Screenshot_20190512-231327_Chrome.jpg

-
Back