New Best this weekend, last race of the season.

-

flyfish

C8H18+N2O = :-D
Reaction score
Well, I confirmed what I suspected for the past couple months...my transmission was holding the car back. My previous bests were set with mine shaft air (-100' DA) and it ran 1.49 60' with 6.83 @ 99.5 in the 1/8 (last year).

Just before the Division 3 ET finals this year I had to pull the trans and get it rebuilt (mid August). The guy that rebuilt it said the 3rd gear band was WAY too tight, and with his rebuild it should be quicker...well, he was right! Nothing else was changed on the car.

When I built this motor I was expecting to run 10.80's, so I was happy with that when it did. My last 1/4 mile pass a couple weeks ago (with new the trans) it ran 10.83 lifting a little after the 1000' mark and on the brake trying to take out a high 12 second car...that's when I knew for SURE this thing was a LOT quicker than it used to be.

New bests this weekend with good air (750' DA), 1.45 60' and 6.77 1/8 mile, followed up with a 1.48 60' (starting line went away after the sun went down) and a 6.76 @ 100.31. That should equate to about a 10.65 pass in the 1/4 :D

WoW our cars run so much alike..Yesterday I ran [email protected] with a 1.44 60ft.I,m heading to Norwalk tomorrow for the Halloween Classics and the guys are telling me I should run 10.50s in the 1/4 down there.Long live the 410c.i:D

AWESOME . So who did the Trans work? If you don't mine
Me asking.

AWESOME . So who did the Trans work? If you don't mine
Me asking.

Danny Crawley (a.k.a. the guy that taught Rick Allison of A&A Transmission). He is retired, but he does transmissions for racers on the side. I'm not positive, but I believe he built the transmissions for nearly every Mopar racer I race with at my local track (about 15 cars).

WoW our cars run so much alike..Yesterday I ran [email protected] with a 1.44 60ft.I,m heading to Norwalk tomorrow for the Halloween Classics and the guys are telling me I should run 10.50s in the 1/4 down there.Long live the 410c.i:D

Yeah, very similar! This winter I'm planning on sealing my carb to the hood scoop...should get a 6.6x out of it in the spring I hope.

That's wonderful! :thumbrig:. So glad you're back to "WIDE OPEN" :D

Yeah, I'm soooo very done running the car slow in the Sportsman class. It was a lot of fun this year competing in that class and the car did well, but it was also very difficult to keep the car slow enough to stay in the class (always adjusting to keep it in the 12's).....and it is WAY more fun to launch the car in 1st gear, than do a lethargic launch in 2nd gear. :D

-
Back