Not sure if it's just me but I'm getting bombarded with virus

-
I got rid of all the worms and also an old McAfee download as I'm no longer using their security, using Norton.
I haven't had the McAfee popup warning since.
Just got it again
It is a site issue
No problems anywhere else

Wife says she will buy me a new laptop for Christmas. I aint even sure I want or need it. I'lll just leave the interweb all together. Never had a Fakebook page anyway.

Last edited:
The McAfee thing has been cropping up recently, let Joeychgo know about it. I haven't had it pop up in about 24-36 hours, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was repaired.

Wife says she will buy me a new laptop for Christmas. I aint even sure I want or need it. I'lll just leave the interweb all together. Never had a Fakebook page anyway. So member here wasn't exactly clear on what he wanted in his initial "part wanted" post. [WANTED] - 1967 Barracuda door panels
redFish I know I have this, and I think I have this. Holidays and frost coming at us quick, It took about a week to get the ladder to the storage, get the box down and scratch through it. DAMNIT! At 64 years old and 12 years since I created my custom interior... My memory failed. I don't have what he is looking for. So... I typed out a heart felt apology in the PM thread and when I hit post my browser went to some damn McAfee virus protection BS page. Hit the back button and everything I had typed Is GONE! Next effort, I hunt down his thread is closed for lack of activity?!?!
In the end... this post is a old fart grumble. We seniors don't get chit did fast enough to satisfy the web. I wont be here at all tomorrow. Next day, we'll see. Happy moparing
The sale thread and your posts is still at the link you posted. You can send the member a personal message even if the thread is closed. "Please message me if you have one" is what he said.

Yeah, it happens. .....and I think some of it may be the gettin older and movin slower thing.....and I think some of it is the "this over here is more important in this stage of my life NOW" so you might not move as fast on "somethin else" anymore. LMAO

Who da hell knows?

That exact same thing happened to me, the only things was I had only typed a few words when the Mcafee **** add popped up.

When did they start closing threads for lack of activity, thats kind of bull ****.

Have a good internet connection? Get a Chromebook and tell McAfee to pound sand. $200 for a new one. It's all in the cloud storage wide. Works great and no security issues as it cannot install apps. It's only a dumb terminal when online. They close inactive posts outside the for sale forum?

Have a good internet connection? Get a Chromebook and tell McAfee to pound sand. $200 for a new one. It's all in the cloud storage wide. Works great and no security issues as it cannot install apps. It's only a dumb terminal when online. They close inactive posts outside the for sale forum?
I doubt if those pop ups are coming from McAfee. It looks to me like someone has cloned the McAfee virus scan screen.

It's still doing it but only on FABO, just happened tonight , no other website. But now I'm getting additional stuff that keeps popping up. I have to back out of the page and start all over!!! What's going on??

for those of you who didnt see this

Do this for iphone/ipad users (you should be doing this periodically)

Mobile Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
  1. From the home screen, Select Settings > Safari.
  2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, Select Clear cookies and data or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache.
  3. Confirm when prompted.
To clear history:
  1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
  3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
  4. Tap Clear History.

For other browsers, laptops, etc:
How to Clear the Cache and Cookies in Your Web Browser | Information Technology Services

For those of you with a desktop or laptop, you should have and use this program.

CCleaner Makes Your Computer Faster & More Secure | Official Website

I have a very similar redirect that happens on another page. I'm pretty sure it's an ad issue, but I can't figure out which ad on a page does it and so can't report the offending one.
This and the other page are the only ones I experience it with, and clearing the cache has no effect.
Best I can tell, the "ad" captures the first tap on the page, regardless of where you tap. It then sends me to the scanner page. If I back up, it takes me back to the place I started and re-tapping the same part of the page results in the normally expected behavior.

Luckily, I haven't experienced it here in a few weeks.

Just FYI - This is something my virus guys just sent me. I'm not sure its 100% but there is a plugin link for chrome users.

Hi Joey,
There has been breach in T-Mobile's data protection and a third party gained unauthorized access to personal data earlier this year and only affected devices/users from the data breach are receiving these deceiving pop-ups.
We received reports from other clients as well about the same pop-ups.

The whole situation has been noted from T-Mobile and McAfee themselves in the following articles:
https://service.mcafee.com/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102999&page=shell&shell=article-view
https://www.t-mobile.com/brand/data-breach-2021

We suggest installing this Chrome extension to limit the pop-up from appearing for affected users: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pop-up-blocker-for-chrome/bkkbcggnhapdmkeljlodobbkopceiche/related?hl=en

We will let you know if any new information comes our way.
Best,
Denislav​

Last edited:
I want to ask everyone to once again, to clear your browser cache right now, even if you've done it before. Let me know if you experience the issue again after it. If you do, please confirm that you cleared your cache, and tell me what kind of device your accessing with and what browser.

I haven’t seen that virus pop up that you guys are talking about. Is it only on laptops or PC’s?

Mines been working great, no issues what’s so ever.

My home PC hasn’t had the virus pop up all weekend, just logged in with no pop ups.

I want to ask everyone to once again, to clear your browser cache right now, even if you've done it before. Let me know if you experience the issue again after it. If you do, please confirm that you cleared your cache, and tell me what kind of device your accessing with and what browser.
Cleared all browing history and ran CCleaner.

The sale thread and your posts is still at the link you posted. You can send the member a personal message even if the thread is closed. "Please message me if you have one" is what he said.
I came in this morning to delete my foolish rant. My problems are more mine than the forum.
I'm wondering if Googles popup blocker prevents total browser redirect? Guess I'll find out. I deleted Cache, cookies, and history a few days ago. Made no difference. Have a great day.

I deleted Cache, cookies, and history a few days ago. Made no difference. Have a great day.

I'm here on one of those Toshiba Windows7 laptops that got a free upgrade to Win10. With every update from MS it just gets slower and slower.
When I get on in the recent mornings, I hit the Google button on my task bar several times before I ever see it. Then there are 2 or 3 trying to open depending on how many times I hit the button. Then after a page or 3 of browsing, I see the pop up "close page or wait?" I wish I had a nickel for every time I clicked wait.
It's surely the damn ads and Google, It aint your fault!
I did delete cache again today and forum has worked a little better. I haven't been redirected.

I'm here on one of those Toshiba Windows7 laptops that got a free upgrade to Win10. With every update from MS it just gets slower and slower.
When I get on in the recent mornings, I hit the Google button on my task bar several times before I ever see it. Then there are 2 or 3 trying to open depending on how many times I hit the button. Then after a page or 3 of browsing, I see the pop up "close page or wait?" I wish I had a nickel for every time I clicked wait.
It's surely the damn ads and Google, It aint your fault!
I did delete cache again today and forum has worked a little better. I haven't been redirected.

I suggest you install and use a program called CCleaner Makes Your Computer Faster & More Secure | Official Website

That may very well help your performance issues.

-
Back