oiling mods for dummies

-
Those valves let go you will have spectacular end to a killer S.B. good thing you caught it. MT

No good thing my son zach caught it in mid run, hats off to him for being aware mid track oil pressure was gone-very proud of him only in his second season

Ok - so what heads were on it that were cracked (supposedly)? Do you still have those heads?I think the broken valves and potential coil bind issues are not related to the oiling problem - those are seperate problems and migh just be geometry issues coupled with spring issues. Do you have the specs for the camshaft and for those particular springs?
Now things make more sense...

Yes i still have the 308 heads and the jesel set up

Heads are going to be pulled apart hopefully this week-the eddy heads that is

I called every frecken oil pan manufacturer today and no one is making the bottom plate mount pick up for rear sump pans anymore. What a joke

And I didn't forget about your can specs. I just need to find them The duration @ .050 is 278/284 I believe with a 106 LSA. Lift was around 640. Supposedly this is the cam grind but i cant trust him -steve

from the picture we can't see, is there any slight gap between the spring coils or not. coil bind does not crack valves or smoke bearings. send some valves and springs to edelbrock and see what they think. kevkoracing makes a plate style pickup for a 7.5" deep rear sump

Pics

Attachments

• 20150604_162721.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 20150604_162548.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 20150604_162556.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 338
Guys i know we have multiple issues going on with this previous engine builder-what a f....ing mess to sort out.

I ordered hughes oil galley reamers today to do hughes recommend oiling mods that they say to do on there stroker kit installs-its not as in depth as guitar jones but it should be a improvement, the new engine builder thinks it was a combination of wrong clearances and oiling issues cause the rod side clearance was no where near what it should have been and our bearings are so toasted we can't even measure any of them.

Aj-ill get them tomorrow, im picking up the block for the weekend to do some investigating

I aint going no where lol, i really need your guys help-this site has never failed me before

I called kevco today the lady there didnt know what i was talking about and told me they never had them--the bottom mount picks-

Found out from our machinest today that he had 30 over pistons in a 40 over bore and tried to make up the difference with the rings

Found out from our machinest today that he had 30 over pistons in a 40 over bore and tried to make up the difference with the rings

WOW!!!!! HE DIDN'T DO A DA$#@$#%@ THING RIGHT FOR YOU. :wack:

Lets see them pistons!!!!!!

WoW..Sorry to see this at the start of the race season.This engine builder should,ve stayed working on lawn mowers.:wack:

Well the valve issue sounds separate from the oiling problem,unless lack of lube was causing the valves to stick/not close fully and they got touched by the pistons.

-
Back