opinion-please read all

Speak up or not

• Keep your nose out of it

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Speak up

Votes: 228 93.1%

• Total voters
-
I think if someone knows that the part is incorrectly identified or if an assembly is incomplete they should speak up and ask for a clarification. Give the original poster a chance to correct their apparent mistake or give more detail to substantiate their prior post.
Posts that insult or call the anyone names are not warranted.
Value of an item is in the mind of the seller and in the eye of the potential buyer. In the end the value of an item is the money the buyer needs to give the seller in order to get them to hand over the item. If it's priced wrong, it won't sell. It's that simple.

Opinions are worth what you pay for them.

People who get paid for their opinions are either consultants or work for news outlets.

People need to do there reserch when both selling and buying parts. But mistakes will be made and I think it is good to point it out and correct it before some one buys a part they thought was some thing else.

You did the right thing. If your question was not mean spirited and was truly asked to help everyone out then it was the right thing to do. If the seller took offfense to listing a part with the wrong description then maybe he or she shouldn't be selling parts on FABO.

Speak up and Help.. this would mean allot to me if I was wrong about a part.
or pm me to change it, and if I did not change it and ignored the helper ..
Hit the report button. 8)

Speak up and be nice and help buyer and seller. Good pole Fishy :thumbrig:

Ditto, all you were doing was clarification of what was for sale.
I had the same thing happen when I posted (ironically) my torsion bars for sale. I didn't realize/know exactly which ones they were, and another member pointed out (politely) what they really were, which in my mind was the right thing to do.

I hate to chime in on a dead issue (Joey said "let there be posts"), but if I were buying a part from someone I didn't know, I'd also look at how they responded to questions. Chances are you'll get the same type of response after the sale when your new parts don't fit.

I think we should all do our best to keep everything as honest and accurate as possible. I think you did the right thing. MMG.

Guess I'm in the minority, but I think a PM would be the better way to go. Along with a red flag to the mods. You had no problem using class, and PM'ing me(which I appreciated). I've just seen too many sites lately, that have a lot of tension created by comments about other peoples ads.
Plus, we all can make mistakes, even those of us who think we are doing the right thing. I'd hate to see a good member get slagged over a part for no reason, as reputations can be hard to repair.
And Joey, the rule does say :read2:

I voted "Speak up". The only thing I might have done differently is, maybe PM a Mod and and bring the part confusion up to them and let them handle it. Folk's are a lot slower to try and grease a mod than a regular member. My 2 cents.

Jack

Jack hit it on the nail head. If I see something like Tracy did then I will PM the person before I make my comment public.

Since Joey made the rule I have been tight lipped about some items in which before hand it would have been "You're asking that much for that...... come on!" I will have to say that I'm not proud of that but since the rule I have seen less arguments over items... don't you agree?

I told a fellow member awhile back that I wouldn't try to sell anything on here because I didn't want to lose a friend. I would rather do it somewhere else than let that happen. Whether I'm wrong on the item or the other person commenting on my item.... either way someone is going to get up tight about 75% of the time I imagine. I'm not saying definitely that it would happen but I'd rather not take the chance. I have never tried to sell anything on here except when auction items to help other members financially.

I voted "keep your nose out of it" BUT PM the guy and have it out in private!

Tracy I know it's hard to let stuff go like that and don't want to see anyone get ripped but people do it all of the time! LOL

I have 30 plus years working on and parts hounding mopar parts...
If any of you have any questions about an item I am selling SPEAK UP!
I would rather not sell it to you if you have concerns then you buy it and not be happy.

Later,
Bruce B.

I said to say something, but I can see it both ways, if the buyer buys something but doesnt really know what he is looking for and gets mis guided and buys the wrong set well should have known better.

BUT, id rather someone not spend money on something they dont need, I know i'd be pissed if I did this and then heard someone didnt speak up.

Nice poll

I voted speak up as well, there is way too much knowledge here to not listen to what a person has to say if it's constructive, and might actually help sell the part better.

Thanks everyone who replied. I appreciate it.

On another note: there have been times I have seen items for sale that I thought might be described incorrectly but I wasn't absolutely positive so I didn't say anything. In my mind if I don't know for sure I don't bring it up.

This is a great thread, it tells me that a vast majority of us are honest and don't want to bilk anyone on here.
FABO rules!

I agree, speakup! Not all of us have the same knowledge or some may have more knowledge in certain areas than others. I just truly believe this is a awesomely helpful site that is a credit to the internet and I love the help, plus just going through the threads and gaining more knowledge!

Speak up..........I have been selling on eBay for years (not Mopar parts). I appreciate it when someone sends me a question or correction on an item I am not sure about.

as a board lurker who reads a ton of info, i would rather someone speak up and correct an error so it doesn't lead me and others like me to be misinformed. pricing should be carried out in PM's IMO

Rules be damned. I dont care if I get booted or whatever if it saves someone here from getting ripped off.

I agree, speak up! I did on that one add this morning, since I think the guy is full of BS. I have been around too long, not to say something when someone is clearly packing sand.

-
Back