Pipe dream motor swap: What would you bolt into your A-Body?

-
A 426 Street hemi. Several years ago there was an article about a guy who put one in a 69 Dart (I think). He went to a LOT of trouble to make sure it fit under the stock hood. Imagine the effect of opening your hood at a car show with that engine in there. I know I would sacrifice handling, but who cares.

A 426 Street hemi. Several years ago there was an article about a guy who put one in a 69 Dart (I think). He went to a LOT of trouble to make sure it fit under the stock hood. Imagine the effect of opening your hood at a car show with that engine in there. I know I would sacrifice handling, but who cares.
Use an HDK front suspension and the Hemi would fit under the hood and you could get pretty good handling.

I have always wanted a Firepower under the hood.

View attachment 1715090934

is that spark plug on full or ported vacuum?

oh, and here is my vote

supercharged-slant-6-valiant-aussiespeed-manifold-LR.jpg

Demon engine. The whole damn thing. Put my body on that frame and go.

I'm thinking one of the Chrysler turbines. They had them in development into the early 80s.
It would run on any type of fuel and there's no electronics to integrate into an antique A-body.
But RockAuto is out of stock on most of the maintenance parts.

I'm thinking one of the Chrysler turbines. They had them in development into the early 80s.
It would run on any type of fuel and there's no electronics to integrate into an antique A-body.
But RockAuto is out of stock on most of the maintenance parts.

Boeing surplus sales is right across the street from my work, give me a part number....

pishta thanks for the offer but a good friend worked on turbines at a few aerospace companies & Williams research, I'm sure he could help but I'm not sure how to motivate him.

383 stroker not as wide as a 440, lighter than a 440, higher RPMs than a 440

408-410 stroker small block that appears like a stock 273 for that stealth sleeper look. (Hey waitaminute, thats what i'm going for now) lol.

For my '65 - A 413 (already have it) as a place holder for a twin turbo Gen3 Hemi. Car is destined for dragstrip/street duty.

After all the foregoing exotic powertrain combinations, you are probably going think my '62 Valiant with a warmed-up 360 is mundane, but I like it and it goes quite well. I have always liked the '60-'62 Valiants and Lancers for their weird styling and because they are so light.
engine bay 4-12-2016.jpg

A 426 Street hemi. Several years ago there was an article about a guy who put one in a 69 Dart (I think). He went to a LOT of trouble to make sure it fit under the stock hood. Imagine the effect of opening your hood at a car show with that engine in there.
A Duster with an all-aluminum 426 Hemi (uses an HDK K-member for the swap). Car has A/C and a flat no-scoop hood. It weighs over 100 lbs less than a stock A-body with a 318 in it.

dus8425_zpsvbipwep6.jpg

Denny%20-%20Summit%2017_zpsynqecx1i.jpg

Last edited:
If love to go 605cid hemi twin turbo build, maybe twin 88mm or 94mm. Now just to win the lottery lol, course id love that motor in my b body too

-
Back