Punked...Mopars are too expensive !!!

-
Now you can flip the Camaro and buy a real car...

X3

If your in it to "save money" or are looking for something "inexpensive" you had better find a different hobby. Me thinks there is more to the story.

Early Camaros are cool cars, just a lot like raindrops. One Camaro gets easily lost in a sea of Camaros. __________________

Jump on the Chevy band wagon with all the aftermarket cheap parts you can buy. Or you can build a complete car from a catalog. A million Chevies out there with more clones on the way. No loyalty anymore. You ain't worth the salt in my tears. lol

"Well after hoarding and buying up parts on here and craigslist...I can not find time or justify waiting to finish my project"...

So, what parts are you looking to get rid of? :)

Nice Camaro.
I like them all, but i stick with Mopars for my old muscle cars.
As long as you are out cruisin' in a classic, who cares?
Up to you man.

Your car, your money , your life, your choice. Nice car. I strongly believe this may be an A body only forum but as some respondents have shown. There is a fair segment that appreciate all cars. Enjoy your new toy.

NICE CAR...looks like a bunch I have seen in my rearveiw:burnout:

20 and 30 years ago I would buy an A body and they were the cheapest alternative. Speed parts were another story. Since the Chevy 350 was a common as air and in need of speed parts due to its clear weakness the speed parts were everywhere and cheap. Ditto Ford. But us Mopar guys where not the target of the speed part manufactures. However, we where well ahead of the game we had .904 lifters, dual pattern cams, forged cranks, high nickle block, 2.02 intake, best flowing cast iron exhaust of the era, awsome strong 4 speed and high stall for the slush box guys, as well as a light strong body construction, just to name the obvious. I would be at a gas station and a Camaro, Chevelle, Mustang would pull in and try to idle you could hear the big cam fight the low stall torque converter way off the idle circuits, mine would idle all day. People would say "sounds bad!" in reality sounded like a piece of chevy put together by a chevy guy.

Now Mopar's are expensive. Thank god I purchased my last Mopar 68 GTS Conv. 340 in 1993 for about $3k, back when it was just us believers against the world. I'm happy to see people leave Mopar for Ford, Chevy, Ugho, Smartcar, Donky, whatever... I am in it for the performance not the investment. Someday it will be just us Mopar guys again and I won't have to constantly explain how a carb works or why all mopars with an auto had a trans cooler or why roller bearings are for cars and ball bearings are for idiots....

See you on the streets.

:sign3:Nobody on here just says one day , gonna buy a CHEBBY .I think you were a chebby bowtie boy from day one , and probably did not like to admitt it .Kind of like coming out of the closet

Your car, your money , your life, your choice. Nice car. I strongly believe this may be an A body only forum but as some respondents have shown. There is a fair segment that appreciate all cars. Enjoy your new toy.
this said best in my opinion

I understand completely. Mopars aren't everyone's thing. It takes true love for the Mopar to last in this hobby. People who are muscel car fans are better off with Bowties or Blue Ovals.

Nice new ride. Enjoy it. I like all muscle cars but I prefer Mopars. I'd love to one day own a 1969 Boss 429 Mustang or an Olds 442 'vert or a Buick GSX. But reality is that I never will be able to afford one of those. I'll be lucky if one day I can own a 1969 Charger or a 1970 Road Runner or a 1971 Charger like the one in Cliff's sig. But I'm not gonna knock you for your choice.

Wylde1.

Chevy guy I know bought a 67 Dart convertible, as him why, he said "it was cheap" then complained how expensive it was and hard to find parts for.

I love all cars, good looking Camaro, owned a 74 back in 76, 1st gen are the best

Hope it is all you wanted

Work for Ford, dad retire from Chrysler and at 15 was told "you'll drive a Chrysler product" can drive what I want now and prefer my Chrysler products. Have owned several GM vehicles over the years, nothing wrong with the general, just not a MOPAR.

The sooner you guys get out of the Mopar hobby, the better.
Maybe it would bring prices down for the MoPar or No Car people.
I don't quite get the buying a camaro because its cheaper thing.
If that car is as good as it looks, it should have cost more to purchase than a fully restored A-body.
I think alot of people jump out there & start buying up the car they want to "restore", only to find out that it isn't that easy to do.
Then they lose faith.
These people should have probably bought a restored car to begin with.

I agree to a point but it galls me the OP had to come on here and find some justification at the expense of Mopars. If you want to sell out your Mopar and buy a Camaro, you don't need my permission.

I've always liked the 67-69 Camaros, and consider those years to be the only "true" Camaros.

You didn't just buy a done car,you bought a different car. If you wanted a done car, why didn't you buy a complete version of the car you were working on? It has nothing to do with "I don't have time to work on my cars with my nice garage with a lift and cool dog" You just wanted a chevy. Well you have one,but this is a Mopar site so your car may be better received on a chevy site. As far as owning different makes, I have a 65 Comet as well as my Mopars. I think it's fine to own different brands, but I don't post them here.

No comment.....
come to think of it, it was you who said it was B.S. when I mentioned that a guy with a first gen camaro needed to use his nitrous ("on the button hard" was his exact words) to beat my Duster even though he had 10 more cubes than me.

It's ok though- my Stealth likes camaros (says they taste like chicken)

you just want to bust balls on here. (clever) why not just go away, who the f___ cares? bye sweetheart

I agree to a point but it galls me the OP had to come on here and find some justification at the expense of Mopars. If you want to sell out your Mopar and buy a Camaro, you don't need my permission.

I've always liked the 67-69 Camaros, and consider those years to be the only "true" Camaros.

Agree.I have owned a lt of different cars still do for that matter.

But mopars have a special place for me.

Just remember Martin, you're gonna have to bleach you hair now.....:D.

Attachments

• 1224.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 478
Well after hoarding and buying up parts on here and craigslist...I can not find time or justify waiting to finish my project so I guess I sold out for a finished car.....[ HOW MUCH WAS THE CAR? I HAVE SEEN MANY FINISHED A BODIES FOR RAESONABLE PRICES ON THE INTERNET MOSTLY STOCK FACTORY DONE ORIGINAL TYPE CARS AS YOUR CAMARO SEEMS TO BE ALSO

Good for you! I too am looking for something I can drive while my 67 TT is getting finished. I'm staying with a Mopar though.:D

My wife used to have a 69 chevelle ss396. She looks at the money I've spent building a Mopar Ebody; she tells me I should have built a chevelle.

Nice Camaro by the way.

-
Back