Required songs to listen to while working on your Mopar !!!

-
- Don't laugh, but sometimes in between the harder, driving rock I like to listen to Sarah McLachlan. [ame]http://youtu.be/ZjKPJbtghvs[/ame]

All Right Now- Free

Es Muy Excellente'

Written by;
Andy Fraser {Age; 17 1/2} and Paul Rodgers {Age; 20} in January 1970

In 1970, 'Free' was regarded as one of the Top 5 Hard Rock Bands in Great Britain.

Paul Rodgers >
"We were as big as Led Zeppelin in 1970. Then it all fell apart in 1971. It was too
much too soon. We were too young to handle the fame."

I cannot stand to hear the same songs that have been beat to death for the last 30 something years.
Truth. But I have to plug the local station here in Albuquerque, "94 Rock". They do a pretty decent job of pulling stuff out of the closet but its still about 50/50. I'm nostalgic for the music that I was listening to when I owned my first Barracuda back in '87 so, when I do get this second car... http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=233674 ....on the road I already plan to play that stuff in her for the first go 'round.

- Get It On, Kingdom Come - Jet City Woman, Queensryche - Satch Boogie, Joe Satriani - Still of the Night, Whitesnake - Rocket, Def Leppard - Modern Day Cowboy, Tesla

Alcohaulin' A$$ By Hellyeah
Any AC/DC
GNR
Symphony of Destruction Megadeath
Van Halen
Buck Cherry
Cage the Elephant
Throw in some old country
CW MC Call
Dave Dudley
Johnny Cash
Hank Jr.
Steve Earle - Guitar Town

'Locomotive Breath' {1971; Jethro Tull}

Have visions of driving and looking in the rear view mirror, only to
see a 1969 1/2 Road Runner 440 'Six-Barrel' Hood Scoop about to
suck me up.

'Locomotive Breath' = 440 Six-Barrel or 440 Six-Pack.

the problem with the stations around here is, there ARE no suprises. it the same 8 songs, over and over and over. I graduated H.S. in 1986, and I cannot stand to hear the same songs that have been beat to death for the last 30 something years. ozzy did record more than 3 songs. I listen to the hardest rock station we have at work, and it is still the same "back in black" and "crazy train" ran into the ground LOL

Agreed! I cannot stand it when I hear the same song 6-8 times a day, even if its a good one.
That's why I cannot listen to the "top hits" radio station, because of repetitiveness. They even put on a Justin Blubber err I mean Bieber song. I had to change that station quickly before I went deaf.

I plug in my 64GB SD card full of mp3's, set to random and I am good to go for several hours.

How bout some
Rush-any song
Jimi hendrix-any song
Joe walsh-lifes been good to me so far
Eric clapton-cocaine
Lynard skynard-any song
Dire straits-dirty laundry
Molly hatchet-flirtin with disaster
Rat-round and round
Foghat-driving wheel
Deep purple-highway star
Kenny wayne sheperd-blue on black
Steve earle-copperhead road

And last but not least
Men without hats-safety dance

:violent1:

Oh i was just jokin bout the last one

Most recognized opening 'hook' by Mopar Gear Heads.

#1 > 'Whole Lotta Love ..................... {November 1969} ... Led Zeppelin

#2 > {'I Can't Get No'} 'Satisfaction' ..{June 1965} .......... The Rolling Stones

#3 > 'Smoke On The Water' ............... {May 1973} ............ Deep Purple

#4 > 'Louie, Louie' ............................. {May 1963} ............ The Kingsmen

#5 > 'Wild Thing' .............................. {May 1966} ............ The Troggs

The Yardbirds

"Five Live Yardbirds"

Recorded March 13, 1964

Eric Clapton > Lead Guitar

"Smokestack Lightning" > When firing up the 426 Max-Wedge.

The Yardbirds

"Five Live Yardbirds"

Recorded March 13, 1964

Eric Clapton > Lead Guitar

"Smokestack Lightning" > When firing up the 426 Max-Wedge.

Anything Yardbirds/ New Yardbirds/ Cream / Zeppelin / Stones from 64 to mid 70's,is pretty damn hard to beat. ( R.I.P., Jack Bruce...)

There are times when music and dance should be celebratory after we get'er done.
I could share a story about a radio at work, a song that repeated "ninety-nine" in the chorus, and how it really screwed my day. Too much typing req'd.
Yeah I'm one of those old farts with lots of stories to tell. Many are about someone else and their screw ups. Some are just too funny, others not funny at all. I've tried to learn from all of them.
Loosing focus on the task at hand could cost you time and/or money. Loosing attention to safety can yield much worse consequences.
On a lighter note..
" I shot the sheriff. I forgot to shoot the deputy."
Just think about it. Cheers.

A-Body Bomber

I like your choice of Bands.

The Yardbirds

"The Train Kept A Rollin" {1965}

Was a staple song from the band's set list from 1965 and on.

The Yardbird's play a more raw and powerful version of this song than the 'copy cats' Aerosmith from 1974.

Jeff Beck was on Lead Guitar by then {April, 1965} and his re-worked fuzz-toned guitar work on this Tiny Bradshaw {1951} song
is brilliant.

Pure Psychedelic Blues-Rock
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm Confused" {"Dazed and Confused"} {1967}

The Yardbirds version from 1967 is better then the Led Zeppelin version from 1968.

Singer - Keith Relf hit the mark with his vocals of this Jake Holmes song. Keith uses his vocals, much like he was reading poetry in
a Greenwich Village Café.

And Jimmy Page is darker in his more 'eerie' sexual guitar playing
in The Yardbird's version than the later Zeppelin version.

My favorite music for working on my Dart is early Chicago. Then, anything by Led Zep, Lynard Skynard, Grand Funk Railroad, The James Gang, The Allmann Brothers, Bad Co., Ted Nugent (solo and with the Amboy Dukes), Deep Purple, early ZZ Top, early Rolling Stones, early Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, and early Heart.

It depends on the mood/time of day... could be anything from Johnny, Willie, Merl or Waylon, to Styx and Def Leppard, to Blink 182 and the Foo Fighters.

-
Back