Shed on the cheap.

-
Okay so we managed to get the concrete blocks set (major PIA to make sure that everything is square and level) and we got 2 of the pallets up. We probably will not get back to it until next weekend. Here's the drone pics.
Breeze_181006085949_002 - Copy.JPG
Breeze_181006085927_000 - Copy.JPG
Breeze_181008144716_003.JPG

Okay so we managed to get the concrete blocks set (major PIA to make sure that everything is square and level) and we got 2 of the pallets up. We probably will not get back to it until next weekend. Here's the drone pics.View attachment 1715233291 View attachment 1715233292 View attachment 1715233293
Looking Good!! Just be sure to use some good wood sealer to trap any weird contaminants that might be in the wood?? Why didn't you make it bigger?? treblig

I'm overwhelmingly happy with my $240 Costco garage. My wife and I put it up in a half hour with zero tools. It's held up next to my house greatly for over 2 years now and that's with 6 inches of snow on it last winter.
Edit 10×20 I think..

Lol,
It will go on record that you warned me to make it bigger.
I just figured that if you can get the pallets for free it's much easier to make the foundation larger without too much extra cost. But if that's all the space you need then that's all you need?? treblig

I just figured that if you can get the pallets for free it's much easier to make the foundation larger without too much extra cost. But if that's all the space you need then that's all you need?? treblig

Yeah, I thought about making it bigger but the cost for roofing is scary.

Yeah, I thought about making it bigger but the cost for roofing is scary.
Not if you use corrugated, treated heavy gauge metal panels?? No plywood base required, just rafters. That's what I used on my carport roof, they last forever and are easy to install. But I know that you have a budget.......Have Fun!

Seeing how your walls are old pallets, I thought for sure the door would be a tarp

Not if you use corrugated, treated heavy gauge metal panels?? No plywood base required, just rafters. That's what I used on my carport roof, they last forever and are easy to install. But I know that you have a budget.......Have Fun!

I'm considering metal, that's for sure.

20181016_185926.jpg
20181006_171250.jpg
Breeze_181016141605_007.JPG
Breeze_181016141444_002.JPG
Well its taking a little bit longer than I had hope but we are making progress. The blocks are set and the 2×6 boards are liquid nailed to them. The pallets had to be slightly modified but they are in place with just a few more to go. I figured I owed you guys a few pics (I also tossed in a few of the promised drone pics. More to come.
Breeze_181016141444_002.JPG

Looks like you decided to go bigger after all. That's a smart move and you'll thank yourself later. I've always found that you can never have enough room to store stuff!!:thumbsup:

Now let's see if I can talk you into a two story building.....LOL

Looks like you decided to go bigger after all. That's a smart move and you'll thank yourself later. I've always found that you can never have enough room to store stuff!!:thumbsup:

Now let's see if I can talk you into a two story building.....LOL
I wanted to put a second floor on my garage but the county said no. Should have listened when others said to make the garage bigger! I am going to put a loft in here. The building size is 12×24

I wanted to put a second floor on my garage but the county said no. Should have listened when others said to make the garage bigger! I am going to put a loft in here. The building size is 12×24
It's looking great!! Just be sure a make accommodations for water to drain from between the two building or the foundations (both buildings) will get undermined. You're going to have water coming off of 2 roofs and pouring into the space between the two building ....or do I see gutters on the big building????

It's looking great!! Just be sure a make accommodations for water to drain from between the two building or the foundations (both buildings) will get undermined. You're going to have water coming off of 2 roofs and pouring into the space between the two building ....or do I see gutters on the big building????
When they built my garage they put a drainage pit filled with gravel to drain the water into.

Last edited:
Starting to look like a one bedroom apt!! LOL You could make some money on that but running water and all that stuff would drive up the cost. Did you ever consider raising the wall on the side of the other building tall enough to make the roof like a ""lean to" (no A frame roof). It would make the roof easier to shingle or sheet metal and greatly increase rafter storage?? I mean the pallets are free??? treblig

BFCE34EE-350B-45A5-8B9C-6719BBFFBC82.jpeg
Well this is the start of my new shed. How come no one warned me to build my garage BIGGER? Anyway my buddy Larry came up with these, they were throwing them away at his work. They are a perfect 6×8 and will be used whole for the floors and walls, stay tuned.View attachment 1715231850

I don’t think a shop can ever be big enough. Mine is 30x40 and full. I ended up with this 12x20 for storing one of my cars. Yea I know it is a Vette but I keep the Mopars away from it, so the don’t get Chevy germs.

View attachment 1715237698

I don’t think a shop can ever be big enough. Mine is 30x40 and full. I ended up with this 12x20 for storing one of my cars. Yea I know it is a Vette but I keep the Mopars away from it, so the don’t get Chevy germs.
Nice! Yeah many on FABO said I should make my new garage bigger, but did I listen? ......nope LOL. Built my garage 32x24. Looks like yours turned out great, hope mine looks that good.

Starting to look like a one bedroom apt!! LOL You could make some money on that but running water and all that stuff would drive up the cost. Did you ever consider raising the wall on the side of the other building tall enough to make the roof like a ""lean to" (no A frame roof). It would make the roof easier to shingle or sheet metal and greatly increase rafter storage?? I mean the pallets are free??? treblig
Lol Well if I don't finish this soon I might have to move in to it. I thought about connecting it to the garage but I spent a lot of money on it and I didn't want to alter it. We did put the shed close to the garage so if I decided later we could connect them with a pass through.

Breeze_181020165846_001.JPG
Breeze_181020165850_002.JPG
Breeze_181020165909_003.JPG
Breeze_181020165921_004.JPG
Breeze_181020165926_005.JPG
Breeze_181020170134_001.JPG
Okay,
Here are the pictures of the progress. We now have all of the walls up, the floor pallets in and the support posts for the roof in place. Sorry for the low light pictures but the rain/hail slowed us down.

-
Back