Shed on the cheap.

-
Well this is the start of my new shed. How come no one warned me to build my garage BIGGER? Anyway my buddy Larry came up with these, they were throwing them away at his work. They are a perfect 6×8 and will be used whole for the floors and walls, stay tuned.View attachment 1715231850

My son is trying to build a shed out of pallets also....

@ValiantK360

View attachment 1715238230 View attachment 1715238231 View attachment 1715238232 View attachment 1715238233 View attachment 1715238234 View attachment 1715238235 Okay,
Here are the pictures of the progress. We now have all of the walls up, the floor pallets in and the support posts for the roof in place. Sorry for the low light pictures but the rain/hail slowed us down.
That's starting to look pretty cool considering what it's built out of!! If you continue on this course it should come out great!! Treblig

That's starting to look pretty cool considering what it's built out of!! If you continue on this course it should come out great!! Treblig
Thanks, we're trying to get it done before the weather goes to crap. We decided to go with a shed style (lean to style) roof so it would blend in with the garage roof. We'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks, we're trying to get it done before the weather goes to crap. We decided to go with a shed style (lean to style) roof so it would blend in with the garage roof. We'll keep everyone posted.
Yes, lean to!! That way you'll direct the majority of rain and snow away from the space between the two building, that's why I suggested it (plus the extra storage). treblig

I just got around to reading this, not bad< but the floor, NOT ME !
The floor is going to be covered with plywood as are the walls. When we are done my goal is to not be able to tell that it's made of pallets. I want to try to keep this under $1000.00 which is pretty cheap for a 12 x24 shed. The roof is gonna cost a few sheckles that's for sure, stay tuned therrth much more to come.

The floor is going to be covered with plywood as are the walls. When we are done my goal is to not be able to tell that it's made of pallets. I want to try to keep this under $1000.00 which is pretty cheap for a 12 x24 shed. The roof is gonna cost a few sheckles that's for sure, stay tuned therrth much more to come.
unless u use really thick plywood , I cant see parking cars on it. Still don't like it at that.

unless u use really thick plywood , I cant see parking cars on it. Still don't like it at that.
No I would NEVER park a car on it that's for sure, but the reason for this shed is the same old story. Man builds garage, man doesn't listen to advice and builds garage too small, man builds shed to compensate for lack of garage space LOL. The idea here is to get large equipment and items that need to be stored out of my garage so I can use all three spaces. I have a sandblasting cabinet, Parts washer and large air compressor to move out there. The other reason I didn't pour a concrete floor was because I didn't want it to be a "permanent structure" and have my County tax it.

No I would NEVER park a car on it that's for sure, but the reason for this shed is the same old story. Man builds garage, man doesn't listen to advice and builds garage too small, man builds shed to compensate for lack of garage space LOL. The idea here is to get large equipment and items that need to be stored out of my garage so I can use all three spaces. I have a sandblasting cabinet, Parts washer and large air compressor to move out there. The other reason I didn't pour a concrete floor was because I didn't want it to be a "permanent structure" and have my County tax it.
thot I saw where u were going to park a white vet in it ?

Post #50 makes it pretty obvious because there are only regular doorways (no garage doors) on the building. C'mon Famous Bob, you gotta learn to keep up!!:thumbsup::lol:

Last edited:
What happened to the "Shed on the Cheap!!! Did you get "snowed in"?? Or did you run out of pallets??

Still working on it but we only work on it once or twice a week. I also have a field service job that keeps me out of town . I will definitely post bunch of pics this weekend. We have made significant progress but still no roof or walls.

Post #50 makes it pretty obvious because there are only regular doorways (no garage doors) on the building. C'mon Famous Bob, you gotta learn to keep up!!:thumbsup::lol:
I admit I didn`t pay a whole lot of attention to the pallet build !!

What are you going to cover the floor with? Plywood?

-
Back