Show off your small block.

-
I did install right out of the box. Smooth ports. Only bad thing I can say is no sort of instructions came with and the manifold and rocker rail threads strip out easy. Also had to get a smaller sparkplug hex size. The 11/16" socket won't fit had to go to 5/8" hex head.

I hope you'll provide an update after you run em for a while. Thanks for the feedback.

Cley

I am finally done, was trying for a I can't hurt anyone kinda look. It works unless you hear it running.
20180628_170853.jpg

I am finally done, was trying for a I can't hurt anyone kinda look. It works unless you hear it running.View attachment 1715199810
I'm being forced by my "engine builder" to imagine what my 340 looks like; BECAUSE HE'S HAD IT SINCE DECEMBER!!
Note to self, when your engine builder has 7 big blocks under his workbench waiting to be finished, take your small block somewhere else!

Demon is ready for a new heart.jpg

As of a few weeks ago.... Next month it will be a 318 with 0.030" over Wiseco Pistons at 9:1, ported Toth aluminum heads and a gasket match Edelbrock Performer intake....
DSC_0305.jpg
DSC_0180.jpg
DSC_0184.jpg

Your filter setup is fantastic. What relocation kit did you use? Thanks!

Thanks. I started out with a Trans Dapt relocation kit #1113, but didn't use the hoses or push on fittings it came with. Then after fire-up, I couldn't get the Filter Bypass piece to stop leaking - crappy machining on the pipe threads. So it turns out that all I used from the kit was the piece that the filter screws on to. I just made up my own -8AN braided hoses to match my other lines under the hood.

I bought a nice billet piece (Performance World #83290) that takes -10ORB to -8AN adapters. That went on the block just fine and no more leaks.

If I was to do this again, I wouldn't bother with a "kit". I would just pick up a couple of nice billet pieces for the Filter Bypass and the Oil Filter mount, and again do my own -8AN hoses to connect them up.

20180419_220237.jpg
20180507_212925.jpg

Silver cast piece: junk. Black Billet piece: nice.
20180420_211032.jpg

As far as the drip tray goes, that's just a magnetic parts tray, some 1/4" brake line and a bit of JB Weld.

20180318_201010.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back