Sick Week....

-
they changed to just single axle.

this is off the drag week site

"TRAILERS AND CARGO ON COMPETITION VEHICLES •Each competition vehicle may tow a single-axle cargo trailer to carry tools, supplies, and spare parts. •Trailers may not contain any components that contribute to cooling, charging, oiling, or fueling the competition vehicle while the trailer is being towed"
Hell you can have a twenty foot trailer then. They must have changed that in the new rules they just released this last fall.

Hell you can have a twenty foot trailer then. They must have changed that in the new rules they just released this last fall.

Yeah, after this year i was thinking that i would make a bigger trailer and bring at least 1 spare trans and driveshaft... It's not like the cars can't pull something a little bigger

yea apparently the trailer size was one of the big complaints. thought i heard freiburger mention it during drag week so when it got brought up here i figured i'd look it up..

Yeah, after this year i was thinking that i would make a bigger trailer and bring at least 1 spare trans and driveshaft... It's not like the cars can't pull something a little bigger
Yeah, I’d like to run this once but I’m no where near that point. Yet

yea apparently the trailer size was one of the big complaints. thought i heard freiburger mention it during drag week so when it got brought up here i figured i'd look it up..
Complaints as in too big? I thought that’s what he had said during drag week but I can’t remember

Complaints as in too big? I thought that’s what he had said during drag week but I can’t remember

complaints that the trailer size was too strict. pain in the *** to look over so they just made the rule single axle to keep it simple.. looks like the trailer rule is exactly the same for sick week and drag week now.

complaints that the trailer size was too strict. pain in the *** to look over so they just made the rule single axle to keep it simple.. looks like the trailer rule is exactly the same for sick week and drag week now.
Gotcha. Gonna see entire spare drivelines now. Bummer

Watching that all week had me getting itchy!!!

Fish out this am and 30 degrees! Calypso likes that temp a-lot, up to town for a haircut and heavy foot on the far right Pedal both ways! I feel happy Now!

IMG_3525.jpg

Gotcha. Gonna see entire spare drivelines now. Bummer

Why is that a bummer? watching guys thrash to get through the week is most of the fun :) Just make a rule that they can't bring any spare blocks/built engines... if they wanna replace their crank on the side of the road let em.

Why is that a bummer? watching guys thrash to get through the week is most of the fun :) Just make a rule that they can't bring any spare blocks/built engines... if they wanna replace their crank on the side of the road let em.
Exactly. The thrash and hunt for spare parts is what makes it cool as hell.

Spare engines and trans and axles etc will now all be available. Kind of takes away from it if you ask me.

I’d be okay with rules against fully built engines and transmissions etc. spare blocks and disassembled engines would be ok . I just think you’re gonna open it up to guys and gals having a purpose built engine for the strip, swapping it out in some hotel lot for a street engine and back and forth.

Exactly. The thrash and hunt for spare parts is what makes it cool as hell.

Spare engines and trans and axles etc will now all be available. Kind of takes away from it if you ask me.

I’d be okay with rules against fully built engines and transmissions etc. spare blocks and disassembled engines would be ok . I just think you’re gonna open it up to guys and gals having a purpose built engine for the strip, swapping it out in some hotel lot for a street engine and back and forth.

already in the rules. may be a little loop hole there but i doubt guys will be carrying an extra engine.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...es+and+Classes+-+rev+2023-2+-+Feb+6,+2023.pdf

"•Swapping engines so that one is used for the dragstrip and another for the on-road drives is not allowed. One long-block is to be used for the entire competition, barring the need for impromptu repairs."

Nivlac posted a video about his dads crash... luckily he is beat up but ok.

Why do so many drag week guys and sick week guys attend these races untested. I laugh reading on Moparts every year at the mad dash to get ready for these races. Many attend one maybe two races a year but are never race ready.

Why do so many drag week guys and sick week guys attend these races untested. I laugh reading on Moparts every year at the mad dash to get ready for these races. Many attend one maybe two races a year but are never race ready.
Sometimes it’s unexpected things to fix, others it’s lack of funds, time or even in today’s reality, parts.

Yeah, i never got that myself either.. you know when the event is, but don't bother preparing til the last moment.. If you mean the nivlac vid.. they spent 4 months on the car and were juts buttoning it up before the event.. He's pushing those 4200's hard, not the first one that has exploded.. This one at least had good rods in it but it didn't help.

Yeah, i never got that myself either.. you know when the event is, but don't bother preparing til the last moment.. If you mean the nivlac vid.. they spent 4 months on the car and were juts buttoning it up before the event.. He's pushing those 4200's hard, not the first one that has exploded.. This one at least had good rods in it but it didn't help.
Keep in mind too, they don’t open registration and publish the dates or locations for these type events until about 3-4 months out.

And then, in the case of drag week, most spots are taken in mere minutes, with hundreds wait listed. It’s entirely possible that some folks don’t get the word they are able to run the event until much closer to the event as people drop out. Frieburger talked about that at length during drag week.

-
Back